Spurs Chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the best player for a Nice One Cyril chant would be Friedel.

Nice one Friedel
Nice one son
Nice one Friedel
Now save another one!

Friedel is the most similar to Cyril in it's sound!

Oldie but Goldie

"Who put Charlie in the stand,
In the stand,
In the stand,
Who put Charlie in the stand,
GRAHAM ROBERTS"

Hopefully next season Scotty Parker/Sandro/Kaboul will assault that little prick Jack Wiltshire (Van Persie will be long gone by then) knocking him three rows back so we can then start singing.

"Who put Wiltshire in the stand.....etc etc"

Thelonious said:
YidoBuckler said:
Born is the King of White Hart Lane.

In memory of Ledley...
http://t.co/nHiCnikR

or God Save Our King.
:ledley:

(c)1882 circa.2001/02 ...getcha own song!

It goes a summit like this;

GOD SAVE OUR LEDLEY KING
LONG LIVE OUR LEDLEY KING
GOD SAVE OUR KING (na-na-na-na)
SEND HIM VICTORIOUS
TOTTENHAM ARE GLORIOUS
LONG TO PLAY ON FOR US... (oh the irony!)
GOD SAVE OUR KING...
LEDLEY (clap-clap-clap) LEDLEY (clap-clap-clap)

I can't tell you (but I'm about to) how many times i've tried that in The Park Lane lower down the years... always to be met by bemused silence, and a chorus of; 'You can stick yer Sol Campbell up yer arse...' or 'Oh Ledley-Ledley... he's only got one knee...' (always hated the fact those two cunts got a mention in Ledley's songs!!)

We REALLY missed a trick there... :harryfacepalm: :ledley:

In full (they way i learned it in the seventies).

My old man said be an Arse**l fan
I said 'fuck off bollocks you're a cunt'
We took the North bank in half a minute
We took the Shed with the Chelsea in it
We hammered the Hammers
with carving knives & spanners
We taught the Millwall how to fight
So i'll never be a Gunner
cos the cunts are all runners
Thats what i said to my old man

Although getting a fan to sing a chant of more than 2 lines these days is nigh in impossible.

1882 said:

GOD SAVE OUR LEDLEY KING
SEND HIM VICTORIOUS
TOTTENHAM ARE GLORIOUS
GOD SAVE OUR KING...

I can't tell you (but I'm about to) how many times i've tried that in The Park Lane lower down the years... always to be met by bemused silence, and a chorus of; 'You can stick yer Sol C**tbell up yer arse...' or 'Oh Ledley-Ledley... he's only got one knee...' (always hated the fact those two cunts got a mention in Ledley's songs!!)

Great suggestion. Need to get it out there during the pre-season.

Cripps14 said:
1882 said:

GOD SAVE OUR LEDLEY KING
SEND HIM VICTORIOUS
TOTTENHAM ARE GLORIOUS
GOD SAVE OUR KING...

I can't tell you (but I'm about to) how many times i've tried that in The Park Lane lower down the years... always to be met by bemused silence, and a chorus of; 'You can stick yer Sol C**tbell up yer arse...' or 'Oh Ledley-Ledley... he's only got one knee...' (always hated the fact those two cunts got a mention in Ledley's songs!!)

Great suggestion. Need to get it out there during the pre-season.

Thanks... but been trying it for the past (almost) 10 years... HASN'T CAUGHT ON YET!

I think in both Ledley's last (footballing-wise), and Jubilee year, if it ain't gonna catch on now, it never will!!

AlMacca_ said:
josh_spurs said:
Hark now hear the Totenham sing, lo-ong live sir Ledley king

Hark now hear is anti-Woolwich and always will be, wouldn't work for Ledley

...and yet the anti-Campbell chant clung to his name like a limpet...

SOMETIMES, we just have to let this fixation with shoe-horning anything anti-ArseAnal into EVERY FUCKING SONG! (OK OK, maybe not EVERY song... but you get ma'drift!)

1882 said:
AlMacca_ said:
josh_spurs said:
Hark now hear the Totenham sing, lo-ong live sir Ledley king

Hark now hear is anti-Woolwich and always will be, wouldn't work for Ledley

...and yet the anti-Campbell chant clung to his name like a limpet...

SOMETIMES, we just have to let this fixation with shoe-horning anything anti-ArseAnal into EVERY FUCKING SONG! (OK OK, maybe not EVERY song... but you get ma'drift!)

Don't get what that has to do with the proposed chant not working as the current chant is anti-Woolwich and it basically not catching on. Also the "lo-ong" bit of the song doesn't fit

Love the idea of bringing back old-school songs, but we also need some modern originality too. The likes of United/Liverpool/Sunderland are so imaginitive compared to us.

I came up with an unoriginal but (in my opinion) amusing ditty a couple of seasons ago when the Croats had first joined... got it going in a couple of pubs, so badly wanted it to take off so I could say "that was me, that was":

Luka Modric's 'avin a party,
Bring your Kranjcar and your Charlie.

Geddit? LOL.

Yeah, this is why I don't "do" songs anymore.

WindyCOYS said:
Love the idea of bringing back old-school songs, but we also need some modern originality too. The likes of United/Liverpool/Sunderland are so imaginitive compared to us.

I came up with an unoriginal but (in my opinion) amusing ditty a couple of seasons ago when the Croats had first joined... got it going in a couple of pubs, so badly wanted it to take off so I could say "that was me, that was":

Luka Modric's 'avin a party,
Bring your Kranjcar Niko and your Charlie.

Geddit? LOL.

Yeah, this is why I don't "do" songs anymore.

Fucking MAGIC!!

Mind you, and I dunno why, but 'Niko' just sounds more 'party slang' for summit illegal!!!!

So, Jan Vertonghen aka Johnny Vertical (credit to whoever on here said that one) impressed a fair few people at the weekend that very likely weren't sure how to take him before.

The crowd getting behind a player? Let's have a look at his name, will it scan with the chant? THE chant? Number of syllables is perfect. Let's give it a go, see if it catches on. Course it fucking will, everyone loves that chant.

SUUUPPER, SUPER JAN...

Alright alright, I joined in. Course I fucking did.

Anyone reckon there's any chance, before this one becomes Jan's chant, that something original could take off instead?

I really hope this doesn't get seen as another contribution to the current atmosphere debates cos I don't intend it to be. For the people that are singing player's names, it would be great to get some original chants going at the Lane.

A poster on DML called Coys1882 came up with this number and I rather like it:

We signed the boy from Amsterdam you know you know
We might score goals from corners now yido yido
And if a gooner tries to pass he'll put the w****r on his arse
Jan vertonghen TOTTENHAMS number 5
Na na na na na na na na nana nana etc

Be great to see something like this take off, and some for the other new players.

Too many words :avbshock:

On the subject, its a fine line for me. I think its far more important that people sing, than what they sing.

For example, its better to have 20,000 singing By Far The Greatest Team (a song that bores me to tears), than 50 singing Grand Old Team

Well, he played in Holland, right? Replace that line with "and if he falls on his arse, he'll take a break and smoke the grass" :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom