South Korea Tour

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Find it all a bit odd really, kids used to hang out for autographs and that back in the day but this level of adult fandom is pretty extreme, guess it's the social media age we live in.

They're just footballers, good at kicking a ball about, most are really quite dull and uninteresting, lacking in personality, curiosity, intellect or wider interests. Good luck to them and all that but hang around at an airport to see them turn up? I just don't get it.
Lol. You kind of just wrote off a bunch of people you don't know though. All talent is subjective. So you can be into it or not. Be that art music or sport. Eric Dier has a number of business start ups, Davis a degree in business studies, Richarlison a whole bunch of charitable foundations. My respect of our captain is hinged almost entirely on his actions in the aftermath of the terror acts in Niece( I think you would find then utterly humbling, only he is not likely to talk about it). These are a few of I'm pulling out of the air, there's loads more.

You did that thing I find odd where people make a strange entirely artificial distinction between us and athletes. They ARE US so some will be what you describe (dull) and others something far more interesting.

So apparently according to Instagram stories, the team are now off to training straight from the airport. Conte’s not messing around 😂

A quick training to loosen up the plane seat tightened bodies then a few signing events next day and the first game against the K League all Stars the following day then a day off day after... is what I heard from one of youtub channel following the tour.

This is pathetic me conveying what is rumored to be Spurs preseason tour schedule here. This season really cannot start soon enough

Last edited:
I can only imagine.... In Bangkok just pre lock down... I gave a picture of park ji song . To a spurs Korean fan that i'de got to know watchin spurs games in a bar I took it at a charity game in Bangkok a couple of years .b4 ... The paper never used it so he was the ONLY ONE to have it... I'm sure he was one step away from fainting... I KID YOU NOT.. he was that excited/bowled over...unfortunately lost contact with him when I changed phone Sims ....,,

Lol. You kind of just wrote off a bunch of people you don't know though. All talent is subjective. So you can be into it or not. Be that art music or sport. Eric Dier has a number of business start ups, Davis a degree in business studies, Richarlison a whole bunch of charitable foundations. My respect of our captain is hinged almost entirely on his actions in the aftermath of the terror acts in Niece( I think you would find then utterly humbling, only he is not likely to talk about it). These are a few of I'm pulling out of the air, there's loads more.

You did that thing I find odd where people make a strange entirely artificial distinction between us and athletes. They ARE US so some will be what you describe (dull) and others something far more interesting.
Well said and argued and you're right maybe I was a bit dismissive, although I wasn't saying they weren't nice, just not necessarily that interesting or worthy of all the nonsense at the airport.

Your second point sort of agrees with mine though. They are just ordinary 20+ year olds in all respects bar a couple - they are very good at football and they earn a lot of money as a result of that.
That doesn't make them kind or nasty or interesting or boring or exceptional in any other way at all really. And of course fame just projects an image of a person, not the actual person at all. You can't really know someone properly without spending time with them intimately and regularly.

Which is why I appreciate that youngsters want pics and autographs and stuff, they're minds and emotions are immature and underdeveloped and they get overwhelmed by ideas of knowing a Son or Kane etc because they do see them regularly on tv etc. And they confuse that with ideas of intimacy.

And that's all fine, it's a well known phenomenan in our society for kids and adolescent teens especially to obsess, whether it be The Bay City Rollers, Take That, Beckham or Son.

But adults doing it? Each to their own but I just find it very odd and even more than that, it's probably not a very good indicator of emotional maturity. I can understand someone being curious if they happen to chance upon a celebrity, especially if it's someone who comes from a field they're interested in. I've met quite a few ex players in my time and generally they have some good stories to tell which I find interesting.

But waiting at an airport for hours to catch a glimpse of the Spurs squad, film it and go mad - as an adult? To me it's just odd.

Sonny is a next level phenomenon as far as SK sports go........ This isn't everyday shit.

Also you can tell by the squeal-factor, there's a LOT of young girls there.

Not sure SM is much of a factor either..... I remember the England team getting a similar reception at Heathrow after WC90.
Yeah appreciate Son is massive there and teenage girls will do what they do around their idols, it's the adults I find odd.

Regarding the world cup in 1990, England had been a whisker away from winning it and swept the country along in the process, not to mention Gazza mania.

I don't think Spurs preseason trips in the 80s had thousands waiting at the airports, adults filming it and going mad and a Spurs media team carefully orchestrating a greeting between the star player of the country they were visiting and the rest of the squad. Social media has a part to play for sure, it encourages narcissism, the look at what I'm doing culture, the how many clicks and likes can we generate culture, all a means of external validation of the self. Imo it's not particularly healthy but of course people are free to do what they choose.

Back
Top Bottom