Soulless MK Dons Away.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tumblr_m0izweCkB91qfczas.gif

So if Spurs had of moved to Stratford and thus become a franchise, would you have followed them. I wouldn't have.

If Wimblebum hadn't have moved then they wouldn't have survived. MK Dons are my second team, and I would love to see them in the prem one day.

Bullshit, that just is not true.
take some time to find out the real story. Ask some of the bods at WISA. (little snippets like the Dongs still dont own their own ground, Winkleman does, as he ensured that InterMK owned the ground and the club as separate entities)

MK dongs are a shameful stain on english football, and the "wimbledon would not have survived" line is utter bullshit used by shameless apologist fuckers. Look at the league 2 table. there they are, one division beneath the franchise scum. despite having to start again at the bottom. The idea that the Dongs are ever in the prem fills me with revulsion.

the stratford comparison doesnt hold either. Wimbledon were transplanted into a different town, 70 miles away.

Nothing but admiration for AFCW. Nothing but contempt for the franchise experiment. which is what we should all feel.

Says the guy who claimed Levy was the 9th richest man in the UK :avbshit: :adelol:

I have even more proof that I am right. This was copied from an article in the Financial Times.

The King Penguin is the second largest species of penguin at about 11 to 16 kg, second only to the Emperor Penguin. There are two subspecies—A. p. patagonicus and A. p. halli; patagonicus is found in the South Atlantic and halli. Daniel Levy, not only known for being the 9th richest person in the UK year ending 2009, is a great fan of the King Penguin. Levy was reported to say " I would love my own King Penguin, however my annual rise of £400000 has not proven enough to purchase one for myself".

Didn't realise that was where their ground was.

Always remember one night there when a mate of mine found a bag of about 4 pills on the floor so he took them, ended up curled up on the floor of one of the toilet cubicles shivering and throwing up, the mong.

Ha ha those were the days. I went to a dreamscape there in about 94 and mr motivator was mc'ing. I was so fucked I thought I was hallucinating. Had to listen back to the tapes after to check.

Although saying that at one point in the night I was sure I was going to called up to the stage for a "dance off" :gazza:

We're all being overcharged (home and away) to watch the team we love. I don't have a problem with Ramsingh's point at all, but as you say I wouldn't put a limit on how much I will spend on one ticket. Mainly because I'm an idiot, but also because I love following Spurs.

Yeah, I know. But a club can't survive on s couple of hundred people turning up. No excuse for relocating it, mind, but the fans that go to AFC now can't complain if they didn't go then.

but they did though. the problems arise when the club spends money, to compete higher in the league, that it doesnt have. hardly the fan(s) fault.

it's a tired worn out cliche that because wimbledon had few fans a move was justified.

If people want to see a spurs reserve game there that's up to them but lets not justify the formation of Franchise FC to the detrement of the 100s of non league sides who are trying to work they way up the leagues.

bollocks to Franchise fc and bollocks to the FA.

I don't really see it as a relocation. MK Dons is a new club formed from the ashes of the dead Wimbledon. They don't pretend to carry the history, they don't pretend to have enjoyed the downfall of the old Wimbledon, they are a club in their own right moving to a city with no team.

Comparing that to Woolwich is a bit of a stretch. They moved onto our patch with the sole intention of stealing our fans. They weren't going bust, staying put was a genuine option. For Wimbledon, it wasn't. The options weren't stay in Wimbledon or move to MK, it was move to MK or cease to exist.

Honestly don't get the fuss over this one. I understand that Wimbledon fans were pissed off that their club went to the wall but that's what happened. Low attendances were a big part of that, although not everything. What's for sure is that it isn't Winkleman's fault that they got into such dire straits.

They weren't dead. They were murdered by Winkleman and his cronies. It's football franchising. There is no other reasoning for that move other than Winkelman's own personal greed. Any other reason is mere dressing.

Kris

Shelf Side Tottenham
Urghh. This fixture again.
Glorious Tottenham Hotspur vs Francise Soulless Miton Kenyes

I personally can't stand MK Dons - they epitomise what's wrong with 'modern football' on par with Chelsea in my opinion.
If you follow me on twitter you know I'm 'against modern football' (although the phrase has lost a lot of meaning recently), if you're an away regular you most probably attended this horrible fixture last season & if you went last year I'm asking you to avoid the fixture this pre-season, stop giving money to this horrible organisation (I refuse to call them a football club).

Thanks for listening to my mental ramblings.

Sorry, but the opportunity to see some of the best roundabouts in Europe first hand is just too tempting to turn down.

I highly recommend the one at the H4/V6 junction...you can take that fucker at anything up to 50mph (in a shitty 1.0 Corsa), though you will spin it in the wet! :cool: :eek:

My position is that if I can't afford to go to the amount of games I want to then I'll stop going as much. But, I'm afraid I love going too much to stop going out of principle because I think they're overcharging me. It's not as if I (or Ramsingh) stop going it'll change anything that Spurs do, I'd be the only one missing out.

Saying that, I don't disagree with Ramsingh's point, I just can't do that myself.

Agreed - as much as I feel for the supporters who used to attend and had their club nicked, I think the ones who never bothered showing up and later latched onto the excitement of AFC have a lot to answer for. I doubt it would have been financially necessary to move the club away from south London if the fans actually bothered supporting the club.

For example it wouldn't have happened to the likes of Palace and Charlton - despite their similar levels of success on the pitch, and shitloads of off the pitch difficulties over the years.

Agreed - as much as I feel for the supporters who used to attend and had their club nicked, I think the ones who never bothered showing up and later latched onto the excitement of AFC have a lot to answer for. I doubt it would have been financially necessary to move the club away from south London if the fans actually bothered supporting the club.

For example it wouldn't have happened to the likes of Palace and Charlton - despite their similar levels of success on the pitch, and shitloads of off the pitch difficulties over the years.

they were never the greatest supported club in the first place, they rose in the league way beyond the fanbases ability to grow with it. They then lost about 50% of their support when they moved to smellhurst. That the best comparison to if we had moved to stratford. the big difference is, we already have a much larger support, so the gaps would have been filled.(Charlton is a fair comparison as well, but their support dropped by about 50% over the selhurst years)

Winkleman did court several clubs for the move: Luton, QPR, Wimbledon, Palace and Charlton. What they got with Wimbledon were a chairman willing to listen, and not for the first time at wimbledon. (remember Sam Hamman's attempt to get the Dublin Dons set up?)
Charles Koppell and the two Norwegians ran the club into the ground for a couple of years in preparation for the move, including running up a large-ish debt.

again, dont mean to be a smart arse, i just saw an awful lot of it first hand.

Back
Top Bottom