Sod the negatives........Post the positives to a Champs Lge Final......

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR played in the fucking Champions League Final yesterday.

:tobyarm:

Barcelona didn't.
Real Madrid didn't.
Juventus didn't.
Bayern Munich didn't.
Manchester City didn't.

Woolwich, Chelsea and West Ham surely the fuck didn't.

We shouldn't have to see our boys play in that God awful gradient again.

We are winning the CL next season !

What's sad is we give Liverpool fans stick but they probably believed they COULD go and win the CL the following season after losing to Madrid.

Let's have a look at it:

2017-18
Liverpool finish 4th
25 points off top
Champions League runners up.

2018-19
Tottenham finish 4th
27 points off top
Champions League runners up.

Yet we have some fans who would laugh at you if you told them we could reach the Champions League final again. I am willing to bet Liverpool fans thought they'd make it again the following year. Why not?

We've just proven we can get there. We had to go to Nou Camp, Etihad, Westfalenstadion, Cruyff arena and get results. We did. We can do it again.

Poch needs backing in the summer, no doubt about it but we also need to believe we can also do it instead of writing it off as a "one off"

Dude, I'm gonna keep this polite as I think you deserve that without me throwing insults at you.

There's fuck all wrong with having your viewpoint on Spurs, even if I don't agree with your opinion, but there's loads of threads you can express that opinion on. This one is designed as a pick me up for those that are feeling down to be cheered up by whatever positives we can find.

I realise you might not see positives but no need to ruin it for everyone else.
Fair points. Brilliant post mate. I genuinely have
Dude, I'm gonna keep this polite as I think you deserve that without me throwing insults at you.

There's fuck all wrong with having your viewpoint on Spurs, even if I don't agree with your opinion, but there's loads of threads you can express that opinion on. This one is designed as a pick me up for those that are feeling down to be cheered up by whatever positives we can find.

I realise you might not see positives but no need to ruin it for everyone else.
Fair points. Good well put post mate. If I'm honest having now calmed down I realise it was probably not the thread I should of been venting in. I can completely understand your point, and would like to sincerely apologise for clearly ruining it for some people.
I really did not intend to do that, I am a grown up who takes responsibility for his actions. Sometimes it takes somebody pointing you in the right direction to make you realise. Some posters are very quick with insults, but that still does not excuse me from ruining it for others who were also hurting from the result and wanted to post some positive messages....thank you for the straightener sir, consider me firmly put in my place..again I apologise to any posters genuine or not that I irritated. If my kids acted like I did I would of been furious....thanks Mr sack race for pulling me back into line. COYS

Anyone who has supported this club for years, should realise what a great place we are in, when you think where we have been! Top 4 again, playing in a CL final!

Hopefully one day we will have something shiny to put in our cabinet, but to be honest the ride getting there is just getting better and better. Some great moments over the last few seasons; Crouchy scoring a clincher against City to get us in to top 4 at the last knockings, Bale destroying Maicon and the fans singing 'taxi for Maicon' in 2010, the most stunning new stadium, having a home grown player like Kane on our books, knocking out City and Ajax against all the odds......it just gets better.

What a club, what a journey, one day we'll get there, in the meantime just enjoy the ride people!

Everything is in place for the future now.

Lot of whining about the end of this team. It is the end of this particular edition, yes. Poch has squeezed every last drop out of this bunch - and I’m happy with that.

I’m also confident we’re about to get some proper investment finally. Liverpool provides the perfect example. They replaced Lovren and Karius with VVD and Allison as starters. No surprise they were the two best players for them last night. Now we need to do the same.

The future has never been brighter than at any time since the 60s. The 60s!

Tottenham Hotspur is back

For me despite being hugely disappointed with last nights result I’m happy where we are and happy where I think we’re going

COYS

Another one LMAO.....are you 10...its just a name, grown ups with a set of balls really are not bothered by things like that... ...this place just gets better...do you want to call me fatty as well.........by the way I am a slim 12 stone and 5 feet 9 ha ha......
Hmmmmm.
I've read all your posts on this thread, Nigel6305. There is a vast difference between 'criticism' and 'mindless, moaning negativity'. You seem to think you're posting the former, but in fact you're posting the latter.

Mindless, moaning negativity is guaranteed to provoke angry reactions, but when you indulge in doing it in a thread whose purpose is 'positivity', it's doubly unacceptable.

I am not naiive. I don't expect you to agree with me, or even to understand me, so I shall save myself the bother of answering your response by posting it here and now, in language you may appreciate...

You're a silly cunt. Fuck off.

This is not a “Harry Kane Team” and our squad is strong enough to have reached the CL final without some of our key players. Most of our players and coaching staffs gained valuable experience from this. And finally, we are going to have another go at the next CL with more confidence.

giphy.gif

We were the better team. Just lacked that bit of spirit/luck/impetus that gets you a trophy. Take the lesson, learn from it, come back better for it next year. We have everything but the extra "magic" i dunno what you call it. Players with experience, more clinical in attack, we should have won that.

We WILL be back. Upwards and onwards, see you next year. This is the best spurs team I've supported, and I believe. Our time is coming.

Positives!! We lost again and played shite.....not sure positive is a word that belongs any where near that
It’s because some of us have hope, and feed on on it. Others feed on the negativity.

If we had won last night there would still be a bunch saying it was a fluke, it was a one off, winning it once is meaningless, it’s not the league blah blah blah.

Food for thought for the whiners: there will be 3-4 goon wums on this forum. They will all be part of the negative crowd.

Hmmmm........

?

I'm positive.....positively sick of us always bottling every decent chance we get.....but still we are not allowed to criticise the poor darlings who never learn.

Oh fuck off you tedious little man.....

Find somewhere else to roll around in your own excrement...

I fucking hate this Stevie G fucktard quote.

We will never get to the CL final again in our lifetimes. We blew it.

But COYS COYS COYS etc. Let's all be happy we got there!!

I bought a lottery ticket and got zero numbers. FUCKING A!!!! At least I had a ticket!!! COYS COYS COYS YIDS etc!!

fucking hell. just be real. we blew the only chance we'll ever have against a piss poor Liverpool team because we have loser DNA. The end.
source.gif

Positives?

We got to a CL final.

The journey getting there was an epic roller coaster of a ride with some immense heroics, heaps of emotion and moments of quality along the way.

Memories that will last a lifetime.

Could easily have won, but alas we didn't.

I'm not bitter.

Back
Top Bottom