Sod the negatives........Post the positives to a Champs Lge Final......

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s gonna take me a while to get over it but can’t say I’m not proud of the team. I love spurs too much which is my problem. Was kinda relying on us winning the CL to make me feel more positive about my life, battling depression but now I’ve got a bird and family and friends that love me I’ll take that. We will win something soon!! It’s the hope that kills you.

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club just played in the biggest club fixture in world football for the first time in our history.

Look how far we’ve come.

Experience paid off tonight, not Liverpool's, mine, I took it philosophically, hoped for the best, got the worst. It's the nature of football. Good thing is we turned up, gave it a go, beaten but not bowed. I'll take that.

Caught up with a couple of friends that I haven't seen for years.
WHL full to the rafters with Yids only.
Got valuable experience of playing in the CL final, which will auger well when we are in it next year.

We will be playing a full season in the best stadium in the world
We are in the Champions League AGAIN.
We have the experience of a CL final under our belt.
We can laugh at Woolwich for having to play Thursday football.
We will start the season with a rested squad.
West Ham will still think they are our rivals and finish in the bottom half again.

The morning after the night before.

Disappointed but so so proud of what we have achieved.

Second lowest Premier League net spend over the last 5 years.
No new signings in the last two windows.
Played almost two full seasons away from home.
39 injuries in the 2018-2019 season.

All the experts said we would be lucky to get 6th.

Got top 4 for a 4th straight season a feat only matched by Man City.

Reached the CL final.

The whole campaign gave me some of the best feelings and memories I've ever had as a Spurs fan.

From the late winner from Kane against PSV, from the late winner against Inter, the late equaliser against Barcelona. Smashing Dortmund. The whole Man City tie and then the unbelievable 45 minutes in Holland.

FFS, some fans wrote us off after 3 group games. Yet they sit here and moan and call their own team bottlers or shit. Grow up.

A great journey. One in which I thought I'd never see us make. Sure, disappointing we didnt lift the trophy but that's football. It happens. We go again.

COYS

Nursing a hangover this morning like most I quess.
Positives are we reached a CL final despite being written off by the so called experts all season long.
I took a few seconds to reflect on what we have now. There was loads of dads with their sons and daughters at the match last night, in our magnificent new ground. The future has never looked more rosey than it does now.

In the spirit intended by the starter of this thread...

• NWHL was amazing last night and will be even better once they settle down and get the details right.
  • Nobody puked up near me (but the **** who let off the flare in the South Stand area before kick of needs a kick up the bott. It wasn't even in the stands. The first I knew of it was smoke billowing through the entrance I'd just come through, which was unnerving for a moment).
  • The management of this club is excellent. Levy knows what he's doing.
  • Overall, the club continues to grow organically, which is important to me. ...Naturally, every fan wants world domination, but I'll take where we are at the moment as a good place to be in 2019.
  • I wondered if my brief affair with this forum would end last night but, I know you'll be pleased to hear, I've realised that it's actually true love (unrequited from time to time :) ).
  • Sandwiches 6-0 Security

EmaebMK.jpg

More to come, as & when they occur - watch this space lol

Last edited:
Here's a positive. We were the better team in our first ever Champions League final.

Not to say it's anything to cheer as we didn't lift the trophy but fuck we've come a long fucking way from having to play Kyle Naughton, Younes Kaboul and Emmanuel Adebayor in the same eleven when Pochettino took over.

Positives we clearly outplayed them in front of millions.
We made the final.
They needed a brown envelope to kill us after just 30 seconds.
The season is over because I think we all need a good rest....and I mean us lot, the fans.

We really deserve a break from this.

Well it ended almost 'Spursy' in disappointment. Except that is wasn't Spursy, not at all. I could be all bitter and twisted about that severely dislikable club, but quite frankly, they're not that important
I stood in the stadium looking at red shirts all around, and noticing the various countries that they came from, and thinking that must have been a huge bandwagon they came in on. Then I turned around and saw ours. They too were from around the world, but these people did not choose our club, as so many of ours say, our club choose them.
No trophies, no bragging rights, no entitlement or arrogance.
There was however the the promise of the great man, 'An echo of glory.'
People say that I am lucky to be a season ticket holder, and to get tickets for every game. But like a lot of you, I was working so hard at the time, that I didn't realise how lucky I was.
I don't however, believe that I am a better fan than those who don't go. I have seen videos of fans around the world celebrating THAT goal, at some unearthly hour of the night, indeed I have a mate in OZ who gets up half an hour before he goes to bed to watch the games, properly shirted up, and all.😃
Over a very big jug of Sangria last night, we trotted out the old chestnut, 'if I told you in August etc.' and you all know the answer to that one.
The adversity that we overcame this year is well documented in the media, no actually, it is not, it is most definitely not well document by the bloody media. But we did something heroic this year, we know it and that will do for me.
One of the things I love about Spurs is the blokes who have been going as long as I have. Some I chat to, some I say hello to, and some I am just on nodding terms with.
But in Manchester and Amsterdam I danced around the seats with,them grabbed and hugged them and got lost in the madness with them.
In Madrid I saw a few before the game and we all knew that this what what we had searched for since we were robbed in'62.
It didn't end well but lately, in Cup Finals, it never does. We now have reached a point where brave and probably, difficult decisions must be made. It is the threshold of the fabled 'next level.' We have now all the tools, the man, the stadium and the Chairman, whatever you think of him. But It must rest finally, with the owner.
He may be remote and almost surreal, but as far as I know it is not oil money, nor stolen from a country's people, no vanity project,no rampant egotism nor the blood money of a despotic dictator.
It could be worse but it could be better. Step up Joe, now is the time.
But down here among the hopeful, it is those that we nod to, that will sustain that most intangible of possessions, our club.

Last edited:
My positive is that I found out, even when we lose the biggest single game in our history I still

Fucking love Tottenham
Fucking love Tottenham
Fucking love Tottenham
Fucking love Tottenham
FUCKING LOVE TOTTENHAM.

Last edited:
Of course....
Dude, I'm gonna keep this polite as I think you deserve that without me throwing insults at you.

There's fuck all wrong with having your viewpoint on Spurs, even if I don't agree with your opinion, but there's loads of threads you can express that opinion on. This one is designed as a pick me up for those that are feeling down to be cheered up by whatever positives we can find.

I realise you might not see positives but no need to ruin it for everyone else.

First ever CL Final, Fans were magnificent far louder than the Dippers, we can be proud of what we've achieved because we didn't cheat, didn't whine, didn't brag ... we just got on with doing things our way

'It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.'

Today still had an echos of glory, none of us will forget it whether we were in Madrid, in NWHL, in the Pub or watching at home ... onwards and upwards ... COYS

Back
Top Bottom