So this Sheikh walks into Tottenham....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If a billionare playboy came in tomorrow to buy us would you say yay or nay?

• Yay

Votes: 58 42.3%
  • Nay

Votes: 79 57.7%

• Total voters
Too right, the internet + sky + england return to europe + Champions league + Premier league + social media + paparazzi combo has put paid to any magic in domestic cup so sad

Maybe it's more about the league paying £50m + for a top side and the reward for winning the FA Cup doesn't match up.

Cup winners cup used to be good, back in the day. Champs league is a farce and should be scaled back, Europa League is a farce too

All depends on intentions look at jack walker at Blackburn, loved the club and spent a load on them obviously not In the billionaire level. So I suppose if a Mega rich spurs fan turned up, built a new stadium, bought us a couple of good players and ran the club well I don't think any fan would be unhappy. If some random rich guy who wanted us as his play toy like Chelsea and man city then a big no.

All depends on intentions look at jack walker at Blackburn, loved the club and spent a load on them obviously not In the billionaire level. So I suppose if a Mega rich spurs fan turned up, built a new stadium, bought us a couple of good players and ran the club well I don't think any fan would be unhappy. If some random rich guy who wanted us as his play toy like Chelsea and man city then a big no.

It was different then, you had no competition for the money being spent then - Jack Walker had a sort of "gap in the market". Any billionaire going into football now would be just one of 100. You couldn't outspend City and Chelsea, it'd all get silly

Been saying for over a decade now, I'd love a billionaire benefactor instead of ENIC, at one time I was very much in the minority, and used to get loads of abuse for my stance. glad to see lots more people coming round to my view.

Chelsea won the lottery, and IF it could have been us then we missed out on the chance of a lifetime.

Torn on this topic but one thing I wouldn't like is people talking about us in the same vein as your Citys and Chelseas. I would love the success that would most likely come with it but I'd dislike just becoming "one of those cunts".

Torn on this topic but one thing I wouldn't like is people talking about us in the same vein as your Citys and Chelseas. I would love the success that would most likely come with it but I'd dislike just becoming "one of those cunts".

We wouldn't get it really, City came back from obscurity through Cash (thaksin shinawatra) and Chelsea did too thru Abramovic. We've been close enough to not get that, same as Woolwich wouldn't

Knowing our luck we would spend billions and still finish third.

Shocked and disappointed that the votes are nearly 50-50 on an ultra's forum....would expect it on GG or COYS, not here..

I can only see this as a symptom of where we are now and where the Premiership is at. A lot of fans would like to see us win at any cost and the uncomfortable truth is that to succeed in this day and age is to be able to compete with Citeh and Chel$ki.

Those of us who want the history and want to win by being the underdog know are realistic to know that it's almost impossible, but are keeping the faith. It's also clear that we are slowly becoming the minority.

Had the same question been asked during our Champions League season I reckon we would have been looking at nearer a 80/20 split against...

Mansour makes Abramovich look like a homeless big issue seller.

Make no mistake the Sheikh sees City as an investment and will wait for the return. Abramovich's investment in Chelsea, let's just say, maybe isn't based purely on financial gain and offers him a different type of security. This is the big issue for Chelsea, it's only of benefit to him personally. It's not sustainable. He drops dead tomorrow, the model is fucked.
thats a joke right?
what kind of investment is that to him? What financial returns will he expect out of a football club that would even represent a drop in the ocean amongst his finances?
It a financial vanity project for the sole purpose of advertising his airline and country
Paid for by global petrol buyers

Back
Top Bottom