So this Sheikh walks into Tottenham....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If a billionare playboy came in tomorrow to buy us would you say yay or nay?

• Yay

Votes: 58 42.3%
  • Nay

Votes: 79 57.7%

• Total voters
Mass debate everywhere! :ledleylick: All over the forums... How typically Spursy of us. I've never seen so much finger pointing. There's anarchy, hopefully a few protest marches are in the offing.

Great article by Mark Butcher on ENIC. I'm completely undecided but I do have a single solitary question.

If a Sheik came in tomorrow and offered to buy and finance our club for a ridiculous sum...how you feel? Yay or Nay?

Before your answer think about the two sides of the coin.

We hate Chelsea and we hate Man City for what they have done to the game. Everytime they win something we know that has been bought with the money from their rich owners. They are nothing more that a rich-man's plaything (saucy)...

or

This is it. This is the way football is now and if we want to compete, if we want to be at the next level then we all need to become a rich-man's plaything. We should be putting on our shotest skirt, getting our boobs done and flaunting it all.

I'm honestly so on the fence on this one that it's making my arris hurt. So what say you Lillywhites?

No. I'd rather sell my soul to the devil.

o-AJAX-570.jpg

I voted no because of the buying success thing. BUT... If this sheik came in and one of their key policies was to improve the fan experience for the supporters inside the stadium, lower prices, make match days more accessible for people on low incomes who live locally (or just poorer young people in general) and boot out stubhub then I could get behind that definitely.

rich people have been financing and buying success for ages in football

chelski just stepped it up a level and then city did the same but it's nothing new

all this against modern football shite is hilarious as it's been going on for decades

rich people have been financing and buying success for ages in football
Sadly - this is mostly true

Biggest clubs in Italy certainly follow suit, along with some of the French / German giants

Doesn't make it right, though

I voted no because of the buying success thing. BUT... If this sheik came in and one of their key policies was to improve the fan experience for the supporters inside the stadium, lower prices, make match days more accessible for people on low incomes who live locally (or just poorer young people in general) and boot out stubhub then I could get behind that definitely.
Agree completely with jimmyriggle, if it helps bridge the gap between supporters and the club then many would be over the moon

I dont think anyone particularly wants a foreign billionnaire to come in and take us over.

I think the better question would be whether we need that kind of financial doping to compete.

Imagine Bale and Aguero up front with Modric and Toure in midfield

Kompany and Verts at the back ffs

I'd swap Enic for Abu Dhabi in a heartbeat tbh

where is the sense of achievement. As frustrated as I am with levy & co if we had owners like city any success would be shallow imo and knowing us even with unlimited resources we would find a way to fuck things up

I voted "Nay" because I know what meaning OP was attaching to the term "billionaire playboy", even though realistically the only people that would buy us are billionaires and we're owned by one currently.

Just what we want: More self indulgent sheiks spending their stolen oil money!!! Give it back to your people who need it most and the camels of course. But no, just hold unsustainable World Cup Finals and pay everyone off.
As someone else said earlier in this thread , it feels good boxing above your weight and who knows, a grateful supporter might pass on and leave the club a few hundred million legally of course.

Imagine Bale and Aguero up front with Modric and Toure in midfield

Kompany and Verts at the back ffs

I'd swap Enic for Abu Dhabi in a heartbeat tbh
----------------------Lloris
Zabaleta Kompany Vertonghen Clichy
-----------Sandro toure modric
Bale-----------------------------------Silva
-----------------------Aguero

Just what we want: More self indulgent sheiks spending their stolen oil money!!! Give it back to your people who need it most and the camels of course. But no, just hold unsustainable World Cup Finals and pay everyone off.
As someone else said earlier in this thread , it feels good boxing above your weight and who knows, a grateful supporter might pass on and leave the club a few hundred million legally of course.

yep because our owners are honest hard working saints who never fucked a soul using capitalism and the banking industry lol

ffs give me a break this holier than thou shite has to stop

Back
Top Bottom