Smartest ambitions for the remainder of the season...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we aim to finish 8th and dodge the Europa League?

• Yes. Fuck the Europa League. Start playing on Saturdays again and hit the domestic competitions hard

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • No. To quote Bill Nick: "If we're not in Europe, we're nothing. We're nothing."

Votes: 70 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Footballs about winning trophies not about 4th fucking place & then enter the make up the numbers cup to keep up with the jones's..
Your post proves football is fucked
Oh and what cups are we winning at the moment? Hm lets have a look, oh yeah, none.
If you look at the league, even though this season feels like a massive shit fest, we are still doing pretty well. Imagine how many more points we'd be on if we hadnt lost to these shitty little clubs that we cant beat after playing in Europe. We'd be much better.
Id gladly be playing in the Champions league than against fucking Dinimo and Tromso. What a waste of time they are.

I just hope Sherwood plays players that will hopefully have a big impact next season, give them the game time and let their confidence grow. Keep playing Chadli, he's obviously benefitting from having a run in the team, same for Naughton, don't just revert to the tried and tested players who are letting us down at the moment.

Oh and what cups are we winning at the moment? Hm lets have a look, oh yeah, none.
If you look at the league, even though this season feels like a massive shit fest, we are still doing pretty well. Imagine how many more points we'd be on if we hadnt lost to these shitty little clubs that we cant beat after playing in Europe. We'd be much better.
Id gladly be playing in the Champions league than against fucking Dinimo and Tromso. What a waste of time they are.
you fucking mong you don't get it do you!!.. if we cant be the shitty teams this year what makes you think still playing in Europe only in the ecl instead of the europa will give us more chance of beating the shitty teams next year.
this 4th place be all & end all at the detrement of other comps & mongs like you fixated
by a quest to get into a competition which we will only be in to make up the numbers & have less chance of winning than any of the others that's so pathetic!.
my comment was in general you fuckwit!.. you play every cup/league game to win the competiton your in..

your all that's wrong with modern day fans .... an absolute cunt!

Last edited:
you fucking mong you don't get it do you!!.. if we cant be the shitty teams this year what makes you think still playing in Europe only in the ecl instead of the europa will give us more chance of beating the shitty teams next year.
this 4th place be all & end all at the detrement of other comps & mongs like you fixated
by a quest to get into a competition which we will only be in to make up the numbers & have less chance of winning than any of the others that's so pathetic!.
my comment was in general you fuckwit!.. you play every cup/league game to win the competiton your in..

giphy.gif

I just hope Sherwood plays players that will hopefully have a big impact next season, give them the game time and let their confidence grow. Keep playing Chadli, he's obviously benefitting from having a run in the team, same for Naughton, don't just revert to the tried and tested players who are letting us down at the moment.

Yep Freyers as well over Rose at LB as well, he seems more solid at defending. We know Tim will keep young Benteleb in the team but to be fair he deserves to be.

You need to calm down mate :)
:freundgoal:

What I was pointing out with the shit teams, is whats the point playing against them, why the fuck should we be playing against Tromso, when given the opportunity we can play well against much better teams.
(If you look at last season we beat ManC at home, ManU away, Woolwich at home, and also Liverpool)

This season is just a massive joke to be honest, weve performed poorly and half of our wins are 1-0.

Hence when we got into the CL a couple of years back, we did well, beating bother Inter Milan and AC Milan.
Much prefer to watch a team try hard against good opponents that play against all the shit in Europa up until the last 16.

And Ill say again, look at Liverpool, last season they came 7th, this season they are title contenders and their team is basically no different. So stop over reacting like a little bitch thinking that we should win everything, take a step back and look at the big picture.

You need to calm down mate :)
:freundgoal:

What I was pointing out with the shit teams, is whats the point playing against them, why the fuck should we be playing against Tromso, when given the opportunity we can play well against much better teams.
(If you look at last season we beat ManC at home, ManU away, Woolwich at home, and also Liverpool)

This season is just a massive joke to be honest, weve performed poorly and half of our wins are 1-0.

Hence when we got into the CL a couple of years back, we did well, beating bother Inter Milan and AC Milan.
Much prefer to watch a team try hard against good opponents that play against all the shit in Europa up until the last 16.

And Ill say again, look at Liverpool, last season they came 7th, this season they are title contenders and their team is basically no different. So stop over reacting like a little bitch thinking that we should win everything, take a step back and look at the big picture.

been around long enough mate to know you don't /cant just jump in & play with the big boys cause you get dealt with!.. know your level.. we're not good enough to play with the big boys but were not big enough to refuse European football at any level... you don't know how fucking good you've got it... as for winning everything you stupid cunt!.. do you think i'd still be following spurs after nigh on 50 years of going to the lane if I thought we couldn't!,, seen some awful shite mascarading in the shirt but whats worse is newby sky generation jcl whinging wankers like you thinking we can just bypass a competition because basically we're "Tottenham hotspur", you need to look at the bigger picture you fucking tool...& as for the bitch remark.. this little bitch would bitch slap you round your fucking skull with my cock you complete cunt..

Last edited:
been around long enough mate to know you don't /cant just jump in & play with the big boys cause you get dealt with!.. know your level.. we're not good enough to play with the big boys but were not big enough to refuse European football at any level... you don't know how fucking good you've got it... as for winning everything you stupid cunt!.. do you think i'd still be following spurs after nigh on 50 years of going to the lane if I thought we couldn't!,, seen some awful shite mascarading in the shirt but whats worse is newby sky generation jcl whinging wankers like you thinking we can just bypass a competition because basically we're "Tottenham hotspur", you need to look at the bigger picture you fucking tool...& as for the bitch remark.. this little bitch would bitch slap you round your fucking skull with my cock you complete cunt..
I dont understand why you are so upset?
There are these things on the internet called opinions. Get used to it.

how many teams have we beaten in the top 6 though?

By my count, two: Everton, and ourselves. It isn't the small teams that are the problem, it's the fact that we can't win a game against the best clubs in the league.

We ain't Liverpool... we've got a much deeper squad talent wise, we need the Europa league to get everyone a decent number of teams. The Dinimos and the Tromsos of the world are a tune up on our way to playing the Beneficas of the world-- the Europa league is just as much of a test of where we are as a club as the premier league. We can't beat anyone in the top 4, and we can't beat one of the top clubs in Europe.. now we know, now there's motivation to go out and win next season.

the 7 new signings will have had a season together. Lamela has been hitting the weight room hard, I imagine. We'll be fine in both competitions next season.

I feel the comparison with Liverpool isn't entirely correct. Their squad this season is much more settled than ours. How would we have done had we kept Bale and they lost Suarez? Too many ifs and maybes to just pin it all down to European football.

We need to finish as high as we can and deal with whatever comes.

Back
Top Bottom