Sheffield Utd (Away) - 4pm Sunday 19th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Losing this game is a sackable offence, I think they have won 3 games all season. Only a point required.

2568461-53267930-2560-1440.jpg

That picture is an AI fake....... There's no rainbow sprouting above his head.

Easy win 4-0

These fuckers have been in Dubai since February, won 3 games all season, haven't won at home since December, lost 6 AT HOME on the bounce and conceded over 100 goals

Burnley literally went there and battered them 4-1

Shite doesn't even come anywhere near describing them.

We've faced relegated teams on the final day in the previous two seasons. How did they turn out?

They turned out fine, but I simply don’t trust this team. Especially away from home. We make hard work of every single team we play against no matter their level.

I hope we get a routine win but it’s not a foregone conclusion.

They turned out fine, but I simply don’t trust this team. Especially away from home. We make hard work of every single team we play against no matter their level.

I hope we get a routine win but it’s not a foregone conclusion.

You don't trust the team that have lost to just 2 of the teams in the bottom half of the table all season up against a team that haven't won at home since the beginning of December and have conceded 101 goals?

Fair enough.

Easy win 4-0

These fuckers have been in Dubai since February, won 3 games all season, haven't won at home since December, lost 6 AT HOME on the bounce and conceded over 100 goals

Burnley literally went there and battered them 4-1

Shite doesn't even come anywhere near describing them.

We won't win by more than 2 goals.

Life hack, lay against whatever Deuterz' predictions are, you'll be a millionaire in no time.

Erm, is that a joke? I've spent most of the season going against what you say and being correct mate, I'd wager my calls against yours every fucking day.

I'm winning every bet I've made on here this season already. If I'd put cash on any of it I'd be a rich man, capitalising on delusion is a real money spinner.

Not sure if anyone's claimed this match thread, so might as well post some nice pictures of Sheffield I found on the 'Visit Sheffield' tourist office website to get us in the mood:

_130339357_hi028473827.jpg

Threads-008.jpg

Threads-.jpg

Fun fact. Sheffield United are relegated after conceding an average 37 goals per match in the 2023/2024 season. We will win 2-1 with another 95th minute winner.

2nd Fun Fact: A draw gets us guaranteed Europa League. A loss and we could theoretically miss out on any European football next season.
Went to see Standing at the Sky's Edge in February. I've never been to Sheffield, but I've got to think that show is the best thing about it. Legitimately the best show I've seen in at least a decade, honestly. Highly recommend.

That said, send them back to the Champo with a firm boot to the arse.

Last edited:
Erm, is that a joke? I've spent most of the season going against what you say and being correct mate, I'd wager my calls against yours every fucking day.

I'm winning every bet I've made on here this season already. If I'd put cash on any of it I'd be a rich man, capitalising on delusion is a real money spinner.

Lies No GIF

Something similar to last night please. Until ange turned in to a cunt I was actually happy with last night in terms of performance overall.

Vicario

Porro Romero Dragusin VDV

Sarr/maddison hojbjerg bentancur

Johnson Scarlett Son

We looked a lot more balanced as a team just needed a bit more up top.
Rather not see Hojbjerg again, honestly. I don't strongly dislike him or anything, but I don't think he should have a future at Spurs. We need better.

Two games spring to mind when thinking about this fixture.

1. The game against them in the cup last season.

2. The game on the last day of the season in 15-16 when Newcastle were already relegated and they destroyed us 5-1.

We have fucked up this type of fixture many times before, it is not a freebie. Sheffield will play without pressure we know our team is mentally feeble. If we concede first yet again we are going to struggle.
Agreed. And this is why last night was not just "about the CL".

Anyway, plenty of scope for other results to help us. And we fucking should win this one.

I'd play VDV LB and Romero and Drag centre

The fanbase has a massive small club mentality riddled throughout it.

The fact there's even a section who think we won't beat the worst team in the league sums it up.

All I've heard recently is how the only teams we've seemed to beat in the last month or so are Luton, Burnley and Forest... Well, guess the other opponent we could face who's even worse than those teams?

You've got it.
Again, you're making stuff up.

No one here is saying we won't beat them. We all think we will beat them. Many of us also think it is not a certainty, or anything like it given our shite form , the fact Sheff United have given strong teams a run for their money results wise this season, and the odd results final day games can bring.

It's not hard to understand

Many of us also think it is not a certainty,

Therein lies the problem.

No other fanbase of any top club in this country would not think their club up against Sheffield United wasn't anything other than a certainty.

Our form this. Our form that. We've won as many games this calendar year as Aston Villa have in the league. Do you think Villa fans would believe they couldn't beat this Sheffield United team? Really?

Go check out Sheffield Uniteds form.

You don't trust the team that have lost to just 2 of the teams in the bottom half of the table all season up against a team that haven't won at home since the beginning of December and have conceded 101 goals?

Fair enough.
You've supported Spurs long enough to know the answer...

You've supported Spurs long enough to know the answer...

Weve not played a team this bad since 2007 when Jol was in charge.

And even though Jol was absolutely dogshit that year, we still managed to win.

I've supported Spurs long enough to know that Sheffield United are dogshit and we'll beat them pretty comfortably.

Weve not played a team this bad since 2007 when Jol was in charge.

And even though Jol was absolutely dogshit that year, we still managed to win.

I've supported Spurs long enough to know that Sheffield United are dogshit and we'll beat them pretty comfortably.
Like that time this season at home when we needed 12 minutes of added time to break them down.

And that was before teams had figured us out.

Back
Top Bottom