Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is a liability .

But no more than Walker or Rose were under AVB and Sherwood.

Again, he's very reminiscent of Rose more so than Walker as Walker had blistering pace and he shares a lot more traits with Rose in the sense that he's not rapid but he's not slow and he's very aggressive going forward.

We should always give players who never got a pre-season under Pochettino a chance. I remember people wanting rid of Lamela, Chadli, Son, Rose etc. all before Pochettino came in or after one year with the club in Son's case. Yet Lamela has only improved, Chadli improved immensely, Son is now one of our most important players and he turned Rose into the best left back in the league.

Bit of a jekyll and hyde player clearly has a lot of ability and physichal gifts but concentration seems iffy every contribution seems like a lucky dip one minute he's a Dani Alves 5 minutes later he's Timotee Atuba !

He is good at low driven crosses, but when the box is full, he doesn't really know how to get height on a cross without overhitting it. Always hits the first man. If trippier is aggressive and attacking players than trippier is the better player. If trippier is passive, then serge is better. Trippier is 27 and Aurier 25, so they both have room to develop.

Thought that Serge (even though he netted) and Rose were poor today.
Remember when out wing backs used to be a strength?
Rose has become a fucking liability in the main.
Aurier is in his first season. He gets a pass this season. I think he will be fine with a Poch pre season.
I just don’t know what to say about Rose. Bloke has turned utter toilet since he started blowing his own trumpet.

Serge reminds me a lot of an early Rose. He is raw, he’s only now getting some decent coaching, and he badly needs a full pre season to plan and prepare fully. Given all of that, I think he’s doing very well. He’s also getting a lot of grief off negative tossers who think they’re fans.

Serge reminds me a lot of an early Rose. He is raw, he’s only now getting some decent coaching, and he badly needs a full pre season to plan and prepare fully. Given all of that, I think he’s doing very well. He’s also getting a lot of grief off negative tossers who think they’re fans.

Pre season will help with fitness and understanding on team dynamics/positioning however it's unlikely to help him with throw-ins or crossing. For that he needs some separate training, very wasteful yesterday

I think if any other defender gets an assist and a goal in a game, they get noshed off by every fan and pundit, but this guy just still didn't look good. I wonder if I just pick out everything he does wrong or look for things he does wrong because I don't like to see him in the team.

Yeah I agree, Rose doesn't look good since coming back from injury (which is something to consider), especially when Son is on the field, he just seems like he is taking space away from him.

Bit of a jekyll and hyde player clearly has a lot of ability and physichal gifts but concentration seems iffy every contribution seems like a lucky dip one minute he's a Dani Alves 5 minutes later he's Timotee Atuba !
I literally think he's going to emulate one or the other. Some of his natural instinct is crazy... hopefully with some coaching, crazy good.

Personally, I like him. But like anyone with a high potential he's also got a long way he can potentially fall as well. Just look at Son and how much he pissed so many fans off when he came in with his dead-end runs and wasted passes... We're all pretty happy now hey... Well, apart from Mindblown
tenor.gif

Aurier just reminds me of pre-Poch Rose.

Some really bright sparks mixed with poor end product and the occasional rash decision. I remember Rose playing at left back back to back at Anfield and the Etihad in his first two games at left back and he was MOTM in both. But I also remember him getting a red card at home to Villa and costing us top four.

Aurier will improve. His ceiling is very high. Powerful and aggressive on the ball. Needs to improve his crossing no doubt about it, also think with confidence and consistent game he'll start taking on players again. I'm quite intrigued to see how he does next season under a full pre-season.

You’d think some people would learn by now. Players need time to settle. More time than us SUPPORTERS would like.

Remember when everyone’s new favorite player Son was shit. Terrible first touch that would never amount to anything is the PL?

Rose has become a fucking liability.... Bloke has turned utter toilet since he started blowing his own trumpet.
Well that's the obvious problem then: he's clearly given himself a 'mystery' spine injury... but is now too embarrassed to tell the Club doctors how he did it!

:roseunsure:

Yeah I agree, Rose doesn't look good since coming back from injury (which is something to consider), especially when Son is on the field, he just seems like he is taking space away from him.

I thought he looked quite nice this weekend... got a haircut and trimmed up that homeless man looking beard.

Aurier to me seems like a player very aware of the scrutiny he's under, much like Sissoko last season, and this coupled with trying to adapt to the way Poch expects our fullbacks to play, means he is over thinking everything he's doing on the pitch. Difference is his talent and skill level are on a totally different level to Moussa's, which gives me hope that with a full pre season under his belt we will see a much improved player next season.

Poch may be magic but he's not a miracle man. Is a pre season really gonna make such a difference when this dude played enough games and training days this season to find his way.

Edit: I've been waiting for him to come good. But he was on and off as usual today, made some good passes but got ghosted and played too many lost balls.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom