Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is a group of millennials on here who go for the typical twitter arguments whenever their darlings Ndombele, Sanchez and Aurier are criticized.

The same group will happily rip on Dier and Winks day and night though.

Fact is - Aurier is a homophobic, criminal, domestic abuser who has the brain size of a pea and should never have been bought in the first place. Either play him as wing back with 3 atb or not at all. He is a total liability and never wont be. But the usual suspects will defend him as per.

....Like today you mean? :sonpoint:

He is what he is. A hugely erratic player, but he was certainly not as bad as Davis. Spurs problems are not really about fullback. The set up and team selection plus subs and game management was atrocious today. That's all on our very highly remunerated coach. The systemic issues are on the previous coach and owner: centre forward, Central defensive midfielder experience athletic Centerback. That folks is the spine of a team talk of the RB/LB is dopey. You don't get top four or six without a functional spine.

He is what he is. A hugely erratic player, but he was certainly not as bad as Davis. Spurs problems are not really about fullback. The set up and team selection plus subs and game management was atrocious today. That's all on our very highly remunerated coach. The systemic issues are on the previous coach and owner: centre forward, Central defensive midfielder experience athletic Centerback. That folks is the spine of a team talk of the RB/LB is dopey. You don't get top four or six without a functional spine.

TBF, that's a real knife-edge criteria to balance without resigning one's self to endlessly replenishing the ranks with peak career CBs every couple of years. If nothing else thats very costly.

With CBs it's typically a case that as the athleticism starts to fade their THEN experience comes to the fore with very little timescale for utopia.

I agree though, new FBs won't magically make us play better.... Fix the midfield and get a proper CF back in the mix and we can look elsewhere to incremental improvements in quality in weaker areas (that may then include FB depending on one's opinion of those we have).

Last edited:
He is frustrating and a defensive liability, but to be honest, he's the least of our defensive concerns. He has something about him going forward.

LB is shocking. And we need a new CB.

yrIMn16.png

Serge highest rated Spurs player today (by a fair margin) per WhoScored.

There is a group of millennials on here who go for the typical twitter arguments whenever their darlings Ndombele, Sanchez and Aurier are criticized.

The same group will happily rip on Dier and Winks day and night though.

Fact is - Aurier is a homophobic, criminal, domestic abuser who has the brain size of a pea and should never have been bought in the first place. Either play him as wing back with 3 atb or not at all. He is a total liability and never wont be. But the usual suspects will defend him as per.
You are bad at watching football.

ttRW1q3.png

Premier League season ratings per WhoScored.

QAIKlD8.png

Champions League season ratings per WhoScored.
There is a big problem with those Whoscored ratings - paint a very limited picture - though: according to them for instance Dele Alli was better than Lo Celso yesterday, would anyone who actually watched the game agree with that?

Last edited:
There is a big problem with those Whoscored ratings - paint a very limited picture - though: according to them for instance Dele Alli was better than Lo Celso yesterday, would anyone who actually watched the game agree with that?
Dele had a hand in both of our goals.

Anecdotally, I thought Lo Celso was tidy but ultimately, didn't have much of an impact on the match.

Edit: WhoScored rated both Dele and Lo Celso 6.8 yesterday.

Last edited:
Dele had a hand in both of our goals.

Anecdotally, I thought Lo Celso was tidy but ultimately, didn't have much of an impact on the match.

Edit: WhoScored rated both Dele and Lo Celso 6.8 yesterday.
Nah, they scored Dele higher than Lo Celso (6.8 v 6.7) and one could give many examples, but almost everybody knows that Whoscored paints an extremely limited picture anyway.

Maddison has been better than Jordan Henderson (who is actually a serious POTY contender)? What a load of shite.

Last edited:
I know he's erratic but surely he's gone up in most people's estimations somewhat since this time last year hasn't he?

I thought we needed a brand new fstsrting RB at the beginning of the season, at the moment I'm leaning towards keeping Serge, getting a younger one as his rotation option and slowly developing that one as one to compete with Aurier week in week out.

Crazy to say but is he in the running for player of the season? There's not many who stand out for that accolade it must be said and his goals & assists ratio is pretty good as it stands. The enigma that is Serge

Nah, they scored Dele higher than Lo Celso (6.8 v 6.7) and one could give many examples, but almost everybody knows that they paint an extremely limited picture anyway.
yrIMn16.png

I'm seeing 6.8 for both.

I agree that stats do not tell the whole story but they are useful metrics and many top clubs are creating/expanding their data/analytics departments.

Last edited:
I know he's erratic but surely he's gone up in most people's estimations somewhat since this time last year hasn't he?

I thought we needed a brand new fstsrting RB at the beginning of the season, at the moment I'm leaning towards keeping Serge, getting a younger one as his rotation option and slowly developing that one as one to compete with Aurier week in week out.

Crazy to say but is he in the running for player of the season? There's not many who stand out for that accolade it must be said and his goals & assists ratio is pretty good as it stands. The enigma that is Serge
There shouldn’t be a player of the season

No one deserves it

This season has been a shit show from day one

Back
Top Bottom