Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had a conversation with some mates last night and POTY candidates. I think Aurier would 100% be in the top 3 and couldn't argue with him being No 1 at this stage. Calling him 'player of the season' might be a stretch as 2019/2020, as a whole for the club, has been drifting between bang average and utter shite. However can't think of a more consistent player.
He hadn’t been bang average though!!! That’s where the misjudgement of him has stemmed from.

For those that think he was bang average list the games this was the case and give examples to back it up. I’ve asked this numerous times now and not one poster has responded.

He hadn’t been bang average though!!! That’s where the misjudgement of him has stemmed from.

For those that think he was bang average list the games this was the case and give examples to back it up. I’ve asked this numerous times now and not one poster has responded.
When I say bang average I mean't the side, not Aurier. Personally I think he has been a model of consistency this year. I'd been banging the drum for 2 years that he should have been starting over Trippier as well.

if he could get over his brainfarts and stop dangerous tackles in and around the risky areas, he can be one of the finest attacking wing backs in PL. for that it is crucial we settle into a 3-person defence combo with a vertonghen replacement and instruct aurier not to track back to defend and just keep pushing the opposition in their own half

if he could get over his brainfarts and stop dangerous tackles in and around the risky areas, he can be one of the finest attacking wing backs in PL. for that it is crucial we settle into a 3-person defence combo with a vertonghen replacement and instruct aurier not to track back to defend and just keep pushing the opposition in their own half

The thing is, he made no less brain farts than most of our defensive players yet he was always singled out.

I'm surprised I haven't seen "Its only Norwich" yet regarding his performance. Despite Lo Celso getting rave reviews against the same oppo.

Remember all the bullshit about him being disruptive and a trouble maker before he joined?

Yet he's one of the cheeriest, harder working players in our squad.

Shows you the demonisation the media are eager to place on players of a certain persuasion.

Same shit Pogba is going through.

I'm starting to think there's a bit of racism in Aurier criticism, some cunts out here have to criticize every little mistakes the guy does.

I've been vocal criticising Serge, Sissoko and Rose and this aspersion was cast my way.

Although I also think Foyth is pretty crap, want Zakaria more than any other signing and have friends of all colours all over the world and additionally have managed to woo my way into the knickers of a few different shades of ladies (a long time ago now tbh!). My favourite Spurs player is Harry, obviously because he's clearly aryan and part of the master-race.

It's really confusing being a racist...maybe it's about the football and not skin colour tbh. 🤷‍♂️

I'm starting to think there's a bit of racism in Aurier criticism, some cunts out here have to criticize every little mistakes the guy does.
It's the same shit with Pogba. All his critique is dripping with racism.

He has won the World Cup, League Titles, European Titles. Is tee-total. Doesn't smoke. Never involved in scandals. Speaks multiple languages fluently. Works tirelessly for charity. Looks after his family. Yet you have gammon like Jason McAteer saying this...

The same Jason McAteer that used to get smacked off his trumpet with Neil Ruddock before training and call in sick on a weekly basis.

Curiously, he's never targeted the same bullshit at Jack Wilshere, who does all the shit.

I wonder what it is about the two that makes the difference?

It's the same shit with Pogba. All his critique is dripping with racism.

He has won the World Cup, League Titles, European Titles. Is tee-total. Doesn't smoke. Never involved in scandals. Speaks multiple languages fluently. Works tirelessly for charity. Looks after his family. Yet you have gammon like Jason McAteer saying this...

The same Jason McAteer that used to get smacked off his trumpet with Neil Ruddock before training and call in sick on a weekly basis.

Curiously, he's never targeted the same bullshit at Jack Wilshere, who does all the shit.

I wonder what it is about the two that makes the difference?

Where is the racism in that video you plonker?

Absolute horseshit - what about Eriksen - is he being a victim of racism too by fans of colour?

This is nonsense, mate - especially after what we went through with Rudiger’s lies. Our fans are better than this

Playing the racism card in this way is such a lazy cop out

Aurier has been criticised because he hasn’t been very good for us , end of story

Though I will admit he has improved a bit recently

The fact you think racism can only be explicit is why you are the most hated member of this forum.
So it is imaginary in your mind then - thanks for confirming

Is Eriksen also a victim of racism btw?

The only racist part about that post is your use of the derogatory term gammon. Which is most ironic seeing you’re a middle class fat white dude with a face which literally looks like microwaved gammon. You’re the very definition of that

Playing the racism card in this way is such a lazy cop out
Always claiming being aware of racism is ''playing a card'' is ridiculous.

The racism Paul Pogba receives is the same thing Meghan Markle receives.

If he were white, didn't drink, didn't smoke, spoke multiple languaes, had won everything in the game, set up multiple charities, looked after his family, never caused controversy...would he still get the same treatment?

The answer is no.

That is racist.

I repeat. Jack Wilshere has done countless more terrible things than the likes of Pogba and Aurier, has he been tainted half as bad by the media as them? Again, the answer is no.

He's a ''proper football man''.

Racism.

Last edited:
So it is imaginary in your mind then - thanks for confirming

Is Eriksen also a victim of racism btw?

The only racist part about that post is your use of the derogatory term gammon. Which is most ironic seeing you’re a middle class fat white dude with a face which literally looks like microwaved gammon. You’re the very definition of that
Hahahah you think implicit means imaginary?!

Amazing.

''Gammon'' is racist, but you telling Mo Farah to ''fuck off back to Somalia'' was not.

I get it.

Last edited:
Shameful scenes on TFC tonight - the very same cunts who sided wiht Rudiger and we’re desperately hoping the club is proven guilty and are now accusing people who criticise black players are racists.

Back
Top Bottom