Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nobody is claiming they 'know'. Just stating that in my view the ball remained in play. The linesman had the best view and didn't flag.

I'm not suggesting that YOU were, but both the above pics (the 'thow' and the 'shirt grab') are useless should anyone be attempting to cite them as evidence either way.

How anyone can claim to 'know' from that camera angle is ludicrous.

It’s ludicrous for someone sitting in the stands - ie not dead level with the line, to claim the know it went out.

None of us know, but it’s irrelevant to what Aurier did subsequently.

Winks doesn’t cover himself in glory either, fucking about appealing instead of just playing on.

It’s ludicrous for someone sitting in the stands - ie not dead level with the line, to claim the know it went out.

None of us know, but it’s irrelevant to what Aurier did subsequently.

Winks doesn’t cover himself in glory either, fucking about appealing instead of just playing on.

See above... Just rejecting the pictoral evidence presented.

I'm not suggesting that YOU were, but both the above pics (the 'thow' and the 'shirt grab') are useless should anyone be attempting to cite them as evidence either way.

Agree, none of us can be 100% about either, but to me it looks very much like Aurier’s hand is clearly “on” his shirt and on balance you can add it to the fact that Aurier did not complain and has subsequently apologised to his teammates.

Agree, none of us can be 100% about either, but to me it looks very much like Aurier’s hand is clearly “on” his shirt and on balance you can add it to the fact that Aurier did not complain and has subsequently apologised to his teammates.

Well I certainly dispute your assertion of "clearly" for the above reason, but ultimately I don't contest the decision itself; just the inconsistency given the so-called proffesional fouling that S'ton were allowed to commit un-carded.

Well I certainly dispute your assertion of "clearly" for the above reason, but ultimately I don't contest the decision itself; just the inconsistency given the so-called proffesional fouling that S'ton were allowed to commit un-carded.

I agree, there’s “clever” fouling (which we used to be quite good at a couple of years back) and Southampton did plenty of this, but they did also get away with some more obvious stuff too.

But then there’s what Aurier did, which is scissor someone and then pull someone back who was clean through. A ref has absolutely nowhere else to go with those. He could have even red’d the first one.

I agree, there’s “clever” fouling (which we used to be quite good at a couple of years back) and Southampton did plenty of this, but they did also get away with some more obvious stuff too.

But then there’s what Aurier did, which is scissor someone and then pull someone back who was clean through. A ref has absolutely nowhere else to go with those. He could have even red’d the first one.

Aye... The 1st yellow was needless. Was talking about the 2nd.

I sense we're on the same page here really.

I've never seen a RB so quick and athletic put so little effort into sprinting back into position when caught out and doing it in such a laboured fashion. He's a wing back who can't be arsed defending.

KWP is really fast. I'd say faster than Serge. Light as a feather with ball skills. His frame is also his biggest problem though. I'll admit to chuckling when filthy Ronaldo bounced him off the pitch in the friendly. Kyle looked like a frog who'd missed the lilypad.

A Ref needs to be consistent and he was not booking Southampton fouls. I think when sent off we had conceded 3 fouls to Southampton's 10. This included 2 of Aurier's. I seem to recall a similar tackle on Kane when he went down in the box recently and no foul given. Whilst not excusing Aurier, the 2nd yellow was weak and no one would have criticised the ref if he did not give it.

A Ref needs to be consistent and he was not booking Southampton fouls. I think when sent off we had conceded 3 fouls to Southampton's 10. This included 2 of Aurier's. I seem to recall a similar tackle on Kane when he went down in the box recently and no foul given. Whilst not excusing Aurier, the 2nd yellow was weak and no one would have criticised the ref if he did not give it.

You tug someone going clean away from you it’s always going to be a yellow, especially in an attacking scenario. Irrelevant of whether you believe he tugged him or not, if the ref thinks he did it’s a stonewall yellow.

Referees tend to not dish out second yellows very easily. This ref was so excited to give that second yellow. Referees also tend to even things out when they do something that affects the game like a red. But this ref ....allowed similar and worse things from southampton. Fucking strange.

Not that Aurier helped himself there at all.

I totally agree. I feel like the ref initially wanted to give a red and then regretted the decision. He would have given that second yellow for anything remotely physical. Then we get to watch Kane get tackled and not even a hint of a card. Apparently you can tackle Kane and no cards, no fouls. I feel like I've seen this a few times this season.

I think it just illustrates that Aurier is not a particularly intelligent footballer - despite his age and experience - and is prone to stupidity on a regular basis (3 penalties in his first season from sliding tackles in the box) which will cost whichever club he plays for as he just doesn't learn.

I feel sorry for Spurs not Aurier.
I can't remember but I feel like his first start for us produced a red card as well. He needs to give up on the sliding tackles too. I also hold my breathe whenever he throws it in nowadays too.

Back
Top Bottom