Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also, for me the ref should have sent him off in the first half. Stupid foul, and he clearly wanted to hurt him imo. Not that it helped much, and maybe the red card would have been better than the free kick which ultimately led to the Bayern goal, that was never a foul by Ndombele.

No its not. They have nowt to do with the football, of which I was defending.

And lol @ police assaulting. Shiftiest conviction.
Yes because it would be totally out of character

Totally accidentally 13 feet jump stomped Alaba only a few hours ago, barely a game goes by without some kick out 🤔😂😂

Love all the comments about his ‘attitude’, ‘temperament’ and ‘past misdemeanours’.

But, actually he’s just shit at football.

Technically diabolical, tactically even worse and physically totally underwhelming.

Yes because it would be totally out of character

Totally accidentally 13 feet jump stomped Alaba only a few hours ago, barely a game goes by without some kick out 🤔😂😂
Dele got sent off nearly breaking someone's leg once.

Also, you've claimed he's a woman beater? When was he convicted of domestic abuse?

I just watched the goals of the 2nd half again 3 or 4 goals he was involved in but what has to be said very bad tactical decisions by poch playing son in front of him while sissoko was playing in front of rose for at least 30 mins son was totally wasted that way while aurier was on his own which he is anyway all the time in his head. For me it's not about his mistakes and reckless challenges i hate him so much just because of his attitude always playing just for himself .

He’s got the physical skills, but his mind is way behind. It was Bayern’s 5 or 6 goal where I saw him jogging back once the defense was beaten. That shit irritates the fuck outta me, not to mention stabbing at the attacker at midfield on one of their goals

Last edited:
The lights are on with this kid but there is simply nobody home.....

He’s fucking unless, so play KWP or Dier until January and reassess after that....

Time has come to build a back 4 around Sanchez and see how that goes, if it’s shit then January here we come again.

Time also to bench Eriksen every week and only use as a last resort, it’s now time to fit Moura in however that needs to happen, front 3 perhaps with Son and Kane?

Eriksen, Alderwierld, Aurier and Alli (Sadly)are the past now, it’s time to look to the future no matter how shit it is for the short term, I wouldn’t stand in a trench with the above 4 by my side that’s for sure!!

Lloris
KWP
Vertonghen/Foyth
Sanchez
Rose
Ndombele
Sissoko
Winks
Son
Kane
Moura/Lamela

That’s about the only dependable 11/13 I can come up with right now!!

Awful performance. Any shred of sympathy I had for him for the second yellow on Saturday has withered away entirely. No heart, passion or idea. Needs to be chalked down to experience and moved on swiftly.
He’s bloody useless.

Switches off far too much for my liking, I can't believe we didn't sign a RB in the transfer window

He offers next to nothing going forward, apart from the occasional cross and he's poxy with his defensive discipline. No wonder we ship so many goals,mew have no natural DM, a goalkeeper who ranks 2nd in most errors leading to goals in the PL since 2016 I believe, 2x 30+ CBs who probably won't be here this time next year and a full back in Danny Rose who is probably the best player to hardly produce anything of substance I've ever seen.

The club needs to be scouting for the next shit hot GK, and a new backline but once again we see blind loyalty to players who we know have their frailties and limitations which ultimately comes at the expense of the club doing well and kicking on.

I actually think we have a more intelligent fan base than the average team (this forum don't reflect that) and I think most of us see the issues.

For me, the majority of our squad is great but only if they are squad filler material. There's maybe 5-6 players who I think are genuinely good enough to be starters, the rest offer decent depth but sadly we rely on them as first team players more than we should do. We haven't seen the warning signs with enough of them and far too many have not rewarded the club with our persisting of them which has and will bite isn't in the arse.

It's Aurier's third season with us now. How we let that happen instead of binning him after his first season when it was clear he probably didn't have the goods is beyond me. He's been a massive failure, as has our blind loyalty to giving him more time than a club of our stature should.

He offers next to nothing going forward, apart from the occasional cross and he's poxy with his defensive discipline. No wonder we ship so many goals,mew have no natural DM, a goalkeeper who ranks 2nd in most errors leading to goals in the PL since 2016 I believe, 2x 30+ CBs who probably won't be here this time next year and a full back in Danny Rose who is probably the best player to hardly produce anything of substance I've ever seen.

The club needs to be scouting for the next shit hot GK, and a new backline but once again we see blind loyalty to players who we know have their frailties and limitations which ultimately comes at the expense of the club doing well and kicking on.

I actually think we have a more intelligent fan base than the average team (this forum don't reflect that) and I think most of us see the issues.

For me, the majority of our squad is great but only if they are squad filler material. There's maybe 5-6 players who I think are genuinely good enough to be starters, the rest offer decent depth but sadly we rely on them as first team players more than we should do. We haven't seen the warning signs with enough of them and far too many have not rewarded the club with our persisting of them which has and will bite isn't in the arse.

It's Aurier's third season with us now. How we let that happen instead of binning him after his first season when it was clear he probably didn't have the goods is beyond me. He's been a massive failure, as has our blind loyalty to giving him more time than a club of our stature should.
I agree on pretty much everything except Hugo, can't see us getting a better GK than him. That stat is misleading because how many of the GK's in the league right now would have played regularly in the PL every season since 2016? De Gea and Fabianski are the only two that spring to mind. Also disagree on the fan intelligence!

I actually think Aurier has a really good player hidden in him somewhere but he is prone to brain fades and has a tendency to do very stupid things (take him today when he probably should have been sent off for double footing Alaba). Wouldn't surprise me if he 'does a Trippier' when he leaves.

I agree on pretty much everything except Hugo, can't see us getting a better GK than him. That stat is misleading because how many of the GK's in the league right now would have played regularly in the PL every season since 2016? De Gea and Fabianski are the only two that spring to mind. Also disagree on the fan intelligence!

I actually think Aurier has a really good player hidden in him somewhere but he is prone to brain fades and has a tendency to do very stupid things (take him today when he probably should have been sent off for double footing Alaba). Wouldn't surprise me if he 'does a Trippier' when he leaves.

There's definitely proper full back in there somewhere but he gave up on his runner tonight which for me is unacceptable and he did similar for Leicesters equaliser against us a couple of weeks back.

If he isn't delivering I at least expect a little fight. When neither are on show I don't think it's good enough for a club of our size to justify them staying with us. He has all the tools but he stinks to high heaven and I want to see us long him off, it belittles us as a club having slack mindsets like his around the place. Time to move him on, the blokes an idiot

Back
Top Bottom