Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see the superlatives are gushing for our defence once again, I'll hold my plaudits however. Palace put us under no pressure unlike any of the teams we had played previously. Our defence was able to hold it's shape and had plenty of time on the ball. Leicester will press the bejeesus out of us and we'll get more of an idea how good our defence is then.

I really want this guy to do well and make himself #1 right back. He's got the attributes to be a great full back, but the possibility of a brain fart or erratic moment is always there. We'll see.

I really want this guy to do well and make himself #1 right back. He's got the attributes to be a great full back, but the possibility of a brain fart or erratic moment is always there. We'll see.

After having seen how much of an improvement it makes to our shape to have a proper right back, I’d put up with a few brain farts if he could keep doing what he did yesterday.

Last edited:
Tbh one of his biggest problems has been trying to stay fit. People saying he's never got a run of games is only half true, as any time he has got one he's pulled a muscle two games into it.

After having seen how much of an improvement it makes to our shape to have a proper right back, I’d put up with a few brain farts if he could keep doing what he did yesterday.
I agree sometimes the brain farts have to be excused. . . As long as they are not in any game that has “final” in its title.

:defoe:

Yep though he was god today, Got wide and looked forward, looked to play the ball forward and early and was very harshly denied goal.

BT showed him highlighted for Leicesters equaliser. Shambolic walking pace defending he completely gave up on that right hand side which inevitably led to their goal.

He gets caught in more of a DM position for Ricardos goal. Simply not good enough that you can't show sufficient heart required to play in the prem. shame really as he has a decent amount of ability he just hasn't got the heart or head for it.

Back
Top Bottom