Season Ticket Renewals

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will you renew for next season?

• Yes

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Not if the price increases

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
Well, with Conte gone and us in limbo regarding a "new" manager, Levy is going to have some very impressive 4D type chess moves to get ST renewals, if he fancies a cheeky little price hike as well..

I am guessing an early sign up window will not be forced upon us this year.... But then again, this is ENIC we are dealing with.

Matt law:

Telegraph Sport has been told that consideration has been given to announcing a sizable price increase for season tickets, which are already among the most expensive in the Premier League. Such a move would provoke anger from fans who have not seen the club lift a trophy for 15 years.

I honestly don’t believe that for a second. There would be a deluge of people chucking it in.
Wouldn't surprise me, had mine for like 20 years so would be hard to give it up but they will taking the piss if they do.
People I've known not to miss one game home or away have stopped going for the rest of this season and can see alot give it up fully if this happens

At what point does it become unaffordable. Match tickets are £60-70. You could say that is comparable to seeing a concert or going to the theatre but they are more in isolation. Quite often this season we have had a game weekend-midweek-weekend. You end up spending £400-£500 a week on football with food/drink/travel. It’s bonkers.

Wouldn't surprise me, had mine for like 20 years so would be hard to give it up but they will taking the piss if they do.
People I've known not to miss one game home or away have stopped going for the rest of this season and can see alot give it up fully if this happens
I’ve effectively done that sadly. I’ve had enough of the ENIC circus. They want tourists well they’ve got them in my seat. Don’t want to see NWHL again this season.

Well, with Conte gone and us in limbo regarding a "new" manager, Levy is going to have some very impressive 4D type chess moves to get ST renewals, if he fancies a cheeky little price hike as well..

I am guessing an early sign up window will not be forced upon us this year.... But then again, this is ENIC we are dealing with.

Did they ever announce the renewal rate for last year?
If the demand is still there from tourists and day trippers they have some leeway.

I’m not sure what people are cutting back on though.
Football was one of the main savings I made post covid times.
That’s now being swallowed up by my gas and electric bill……..

So, I asked Google 'Bard'....

Do you think it would be right for Tottenham Hotspur to increase their season ticket prices for next season?

Whether it would be right for Tottenham Hotspur to increase their season ticket prices for next season is a complex question with no easy answer. There are many factors to consider, such as the cost of living, the team's performance, and the demand for tickets.

The cost of living in London is high, and the price of tickets to Premier League matches has been rising in recent years. This means that it is becoming more expensive for fans to watch their team play.

Tottenham Hotspur have been performing well in recent years, and they have a large and passionate fan base. If the team continues to do well, then there will be high demand for tickets. This could justify an increase in prices.

However, it is important to remember that not all fans can afford to pay higher prices. If ticket prices become too high, then some fans may be priced out of watching their team play. This could have a negative impact on the atmosphere at matches and on the club's reputation.

Ultimately, it is a decision that the club's board of directors will have to make. They will need to weigh up all of the factors involved and make a decision that they believe is in the best interests of the club.

Personally, I believe that it would be wrong for Tottenham Hotspur to increase their season ticket prices for next season. The cost of living is already high, and the price of tickets to Premier League matches has been rising in recent years.

This means that it is becoming more expensive for fans to watch their team play. If the club were to increase their season ticket prices, this would make it even more difficult for fans to afford to watch their team play. This could have a negative impact on the atmosphere at matches and on the club's reputation.

At what point does it become unaffordable. Match tickets are £60-70. You could say that is comparable to seeing a concert or going to the theatre but they are more in isolation. Quite often this season we have had a game weekend-midweek-weekend. You end up spending £400-£500 a week on football with food/drink/travel. It’s bonkers.

I said I would no longer go once tickets went over £50. I eventually caved in.

As it is I am only attending 10 games this season compared to 20-25 in recent seasons.

Doing one one game per month actually makes it an 'event' and I look forward to going. When I had an ST it became a chore. You felt obliged to go because you had already paid for the ticket.

Matt law:

Telegraph Sport has been told that consideration has been given to announcing a sizable price increase for season tickets, which are already among the most expensive in the Premier League. Such a move would provoke anger from fans who have not seen the club lift a trophy for 15 years.

Matt Law now seems to spend his entire time writing pro-Chelsea and anti-Spurs stories

As it is I am only attending 10 games this season compared to 20-25 in recent seasons.

Doing one one game per month actually makes it an 'event' and I look forward to going. When I had an ST it became a chore. You felt obliged to go because you had already paid for the ticket.

I think that’s what I’m moving towards for next season. It’s a shame in a way. I was initially excited and proud to be a STH in the new stadium.

Being a season ticket holder is definitely a way of life. Fair play to the people who dedicate their time to it, home and away, cups and European games as well

And the club can almost name any ST price and they will pay it.

I used to follow a lot of ST holders / trust people on twitter back in the day(don’t really use that platform anymore from a personal point of view)
I wonder how they all feel about the current state of the club. Probably a good litmus test of how ENIC are seen at the moment.

Being a season ticket holder is definitely a way of life. Fair play to the people who dedicate their time to it, home and away, cups and European games as well

And the club can almost name any ST price and they will pay it.

I used to follow a lot of ST holders / trust people on twitter back in the day(don’t really use that platform anymore from a personal point of view)
I wonder how they all feel about the current state of the club. Probably a good litmus test of how ENIC are seen at the moment.

I probably fall into that category (have been to 31/40 games this season)

You get as many mixed views amongst the core away fans as you do everywhere else - people tend to be more philosophical about it though, it's rare for people to as aggressive in person as they can be online / radio phone ins / whatsapp

Back
Top Bottom