Season 2018/19 || Expectations

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where will we finish in the league?

• Champions league

Votes: 133 83.1%
  • Europa league

Votes: 21 13.1%
  • Midtable

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Relegation

Votes: 5 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We really ought to make Top 4. But a bad start could really make a mess of things. And it's tough to see us competing on multiple fronts.

I'll say 4th, R16 of the CL, and no meaningful runs in either cup with at least one embarrassing upset.

And I'd bite your arm off for that result and to fast-forward to another year, settled into the new stadium, retaining our key players, and being able to load up for a genuine run at trophies.

I think we will be somewhere between 6th to 8th in the league by December/January. After Investments in January we will slightly improve and finish 5th/6th by the end of the season.

Confident we will reach KO phase in CL, can't see us reach quarters unless we get extremely favourable opponent.

I think we will be somewhere between 6th to 8th in the league by December/January. After Investments in January we will improve and finish 5th/6th by the end of the season.

Confident we will reach KO phase in CL, can't see us reach quarters unless we get extremely favourable opponent.
Make your mind up fella. That's a prediction of 4-7th, 5th/6th in the space of 14mins!!!

Think we may drop a place in the league from last season finishing 4th this time.
But (I fucking hope) we also pick up a trophy league cup or FA cup.

No spending in January - 6th

Injection of quality in January - 4th
No I missed out the January bit, you've given two different predictions in two different posts.

To think that we would sign someone in Jan, who would play enough games to make a difference is more than a stretch, when Poch will almost certainly hardly play him because he believes it takes a pre-season and +6months to integrate a player.

2nd about 15 points behind City, but just finishing above Liverpool.

Personally think Mourinho will get sacked this year and United will have a poor season. Not impressed with Woolwich’s signings and Chelsea just seem a mess.

People seem to forget that the only signings we wanted to make where to replace players we thought where leaving. They didn’t leave so why sign any? Not saying I don’t think we needed one or two especially in CM, as we still ain’t sure if big Vic will ever recover or if Moussa has another year in those knees.

But if Poch is happy so am I he’s not the type to sugar coat things.

No I missed out the January bit, you've given two different predictions in two different posts.

To think that we would sign someone in Jan, who would play enough games to make a difference is more than a stretch, when Poch will almost certainly hardly play him because he believes it takes a pre-season and +6months to integrate a player.
If we stick with the same team without any additions until next summer, we will be 8th by December and finish 6th in May.

That's my final prediction.

WE’RE GONNA DO THE QUADRUPLE :levywhoa:

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom