Scum (A) 24/09- 2PM - SUPER ANGE 🥰

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The aversion to moving the ball quickly, today, has totally done my head in
Yes really pissed me off especially in the first. This gave them the incentive to press really high and get the crowd going. Even city don’t piss about with the ball in their 6 yard box. That is not really being brave more stupid. It doesn’t help when we have no FBs out wide of the CBs to pass the bloody ball too. I said before the game keep the Back four tight in their normal positions. In the first half destiny always had run out to Saka as he was so far in. If Saka just slipped the ball away whilst destiny is running to him he would have been late abd defo yellow card. I really can’t stand this pushing FBs into CM. It just means no out all for CBs.

And worst of all, his face is too small for his head.

Gormless little twat.

433177-1684155052.jpg
If you could pay a fiver to give him a smack in the gob , can you imagine the size of the queue ?

I think today's game showed that the central midfield position is Bentancurs to take with both hands when he's fit.

I love Sarr and the potential he has but Bentancur was made for this system.
Sarr hasn’t put too many feet wrong this season but I think today showed us that he’s still got a bit to go. Bentancur wouldn’t have lost his composure, which I think Sarr was definitely guilty of today. But he’s a young lad, he’s done very well and I’m sure that with time he’ll be able to deal with the big occasions more comfortably.

But agreed. Bentancur will be unbelievable in this system I reckon.

Sarr hasn’t put too many feet wrong this season but I think today showed us that he’s still got a bit to go. Bentancur wouldn’t have lost his composure, which I think Sarr was definitely guilty of today. But he’s a young lad, he’s done very well and I’m sure that with time he’ll be able to deal with the big occasions more comfortably.

But agreed. Bentancur will be unbelievable in this system I reckon.

It's certainly a good headache to have.

We're going to need a fair few to step up in January for a few games when we lose Son, Bissouma and Sarr.

Agreed. The commentary were unsurprisingly playing it down, but I felt that if one of our lot had slid in, uncontrolled and at full pelt with their studs up, they’d have been binned. If he had made contact (which he was very close to doing), Vicario’s leg would have snapped.
If that had been Cutti they would have old bill on the pitch nicking him

Well, that was always going to be one of our toughest games of the season. Last season's runner-up, the 'winning at half-time' team. We showed up and toed the line, it's all we can ask.

WTF happened to Johnson? Can we just get a small piece of luck, ffs? I suppose Madders not doing his ACL was it?

Ref was a cunt, so was VAR, again.

A result that will build plenty of confidence before next week's game against the dullards from scouseland, hopefully we picked up no injuries as the squad lacks depth. I will hold my hands up, I was wrong about the boss.

A result that will build plenty of confidence before next week's game against the dullards from scouseland, hopefully we picked up no injuries as the squad lacks depth. I will hold my hands up, I was wrong about the boss.
Like everyone, I was sweating when Maddison went down but he seemed to be running fine straight afterwards.

I think his substitution was partly precautionary, partly to add a bit of steel to midfield.

Once again, I thought PEH did a really good job when he came on. The pick of the subs by some way.

Back
Top Bottom