Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another goal.

200.webp

Fair, but Edwards has been hyped up for a lot longer than Oduwa. He's a lot more skilled than Oduwa on the ball. Speed only gets you so far. Edwards has been getting Mbappe like hype from his youth, so if he manages to realise his potential, expect him to be labelled England's next saviour!
One Oduwa closes, another opens.

I don't remember anyone worth listening to on young English players ever hyping up Oduwa.

Sure, there was a few clips of him taking the piss in the Scottish second division a few years ago, but that was about it.

Edwards has been hyped since he was 13.

Oduwa was hyped after 3 pre-season friendlies round about 2015.

Last edited:

Wow - he tortured the BVB youth there. He's got lovely balance and acceleration - you can see why the Messi comparisons. He is continuing to develop well, and he seems to be wearing the responsibility of captaincy well. Would love to see him given some first team time this year, but not if he isn't nailed down with a suitable contract.

Wow - he tortured the BVB youth there. He's got lovely balance and acceleration - you can see why the Messi comparisons. He is continuing to develop well, and he seems to be wearing the responsibility of captaincy well. Would love to see him given some first team time this year, but not if he isn't nailed down with a suitable contract.

The Messi comparisons stood up when he was 10 maybe but I don't think you can say he'll reach anywhere near that level now. Still up in the air whether he'll make it as a Premier League player at all. He's taken the first important step though and finally got a proper haircut.

The Messi comparisons stood up when he was 10 maybe but I don't think you can say he'll reach anywhere near that level now. Still up in the air whether he'll make it as a Premier League player at all. He's taken the first important step though and finally got a proper haircut.
That's what happens when you aren't pumped full of hormones as a child...you develop like a regular human being. :pochsulk:

Agree with all of the above - but you'll note I said "continuing to develop well", not "he's as good as Messi". His style of play is comparable to Messi (low centre of gravity, offensive) but he isn't Messi yet, and as NW1Spur NW1Spur says, it's not even certain he will make it to the top level.
Sorry if I've added to the hype train, but I think it's exciting to see players like this who should / could be coming through at the club. I'd rather have him here on our books than at the Chavs, or Woolwich.

:klinsmann:

EDIT: Fully agree re. the haircut!

It's a comparison in style of play, not potential or ability relax

He seems to underhit 80% of his passes, but the ball does stick to him. The only ‘wonderkid’ I can ever remember really making it is Rooney, and even then it’s debatable whether he really reached his potential. I expect nothing from him, although sincerely hope I’m wrong
what about walcott?

:pochlol::pochlol::pochlol::pochlol::pochlol::pochlol::pochlol::pochlol::pochlol::pochlol::pochlol::pochlol::pochlol::pochlol::pochlol::pochlol:

Back
Top Bottom