Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not going to the states for pre season.
Think it is a mistake. Whilst he probably needs a break, he could have got first team playing time and then had a break when the season starts and he is less likely to get into the first team. By missing this tour he is unlikely to be in Poch's early season plans and would have learnt more on this tour than early season matches for the development squad.

Think it is a mistake. Whilst he probably needs a break, he could have got first team playing time and then had a break when the season starts and he is less likely to get into the first team. By missing this tour he is unlikely to be in Poch's early season plans and would have learnt more on this tour than early season matches for the development squad.

A break when the season starts? That'd be a great way to assure him he's not going to feature in the first team for some time. It's much wiser to let him have his break now, then rejoin the squad when they get back for some pre-season training and get a run out in any remaining frendlies. At least that way, should we want or need to call on him, he'll be available.

With the U23 team playing in the Johnstons paint trophy tournament he has another venue where he can get some playtime against first team sides as well. Granted against league 1 and 2 sides but still against first team players

With the U23 team playing in the Johnstons paint trophy tournament he has another venue where he can get some playtime against first team sides as well. Granted against league 1 and 2 sides but still against first team players
I was going to say this. He will be getting plenty of minutes in that. Effectively a loan, playing against League sides whilst getting the benefit of training here.

I heard Pochettino wasn't keen on him.

Wonder why Roles hasn't been taken yet TOB has been, as well as training with the first team...
Just speculating, but think a lot can be about man management. The academy lads can see that there is a pathway to the first team, with a Manager, McDermott and now Parker and Burnett all making recently making reference of this path as part of their aims. Whilst it is good that there must be genuine belief amongst the academy that unlike other clubs they might get that chance, the club have to also make sure it is achieved by not just being at Tottenham. By that I mean the players still will have to graft and apply themselves to get that chance, not just turn up for training. May be some players are being managed with some tuff love.

The thing is he can get a mega deal tomorrow if he wanted. If he thinks he is as good as he is (why wouldn't he think otherwise) what's to stop him thinking he can go to Chelsea or Citeh and earn tomorrow more money than most of the first team today and still have the chance to play, because he thinks his good and his gaffer thinks he's Messi.

Right now he is still with us and that is because his advisers mainly his Dad I'm lead to believe, thinks that Tottenham is the right place for him. For what it's worth he is under Emimel Sports Management who manage an other Spurs player and four other academy players, so small fry. Until that is when you scratch below the surface a bit more and see that next to the sole director, Mr Costas Toffis, the company secretary is a Mr Skylet Andrew, Aka the cunt Sky Andrew (Sol Campbell's agent).

I think you have this the wrong way round, Toffis was Co Secretary of Skylet Andrew Ltd, resigned in 2010 and formed Emimel as sole director and shareholder in 2011. Andrew is not listed on any company docs filed for Emimel as far as I can see.

I think you have this the wrong way round, Toffis was Co Secretary of Skylet Andrew Ltd, resigned in 2010 and formed Emimel as sole director and shareholder in 2011. Andrew is not listed on any company docs filed for Emimel as far as I can see.
And that is the case. But I'm a twisted bastard, I don't know anything about Toffis or Emimel Sports Management, never heard of them both, there is no office, or trading address (address used is a small accountancy firm), Emimel doesn't even have a website. I'm a distrusting bastard and it wouldn't surprise me one bit to know that Andrew is behind Emimel/Koffis. I would completely understand this current set-up if it was Edwards Dad that was the sole director at Emimel, but with my mistrusting eye it wouldn't surprise me if Toffis who looks to be nothing more than an Estate Agent, is acting as a front for Andrew.

That's how twisted I am.

Mmm toffees.

drool.gif

Back
Top Bottom