Saints v SPURS (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AVB on Defoe:
"He still has power and energy in his legs. Also the possibility of him equalling Teddy Sheringham or overtaking him on the top 10 of Tottenham's goalscorers is something that motivates him."

Love how he talks about our history so much. I so badly want him to succeed at spurs and with time I think he can bring glory to spurs! :coys:

AVB on Defoe:
"He still has power and energy in his legs. Also the possibility of him equalling Teddy Sheringham or overtaking him on the top 10 of Tottenham's goalscorers is something that motivates him."

Love how he talks about our history so much. I so badly want him to succeed at spurs and with time I think he can bring glory to spurs! :coys:

Same! And also a lot about the fans

Unfortunately I'm getting the coach... Arriving about 1:30 so hopefully I'll meet in the pub? I still don't know what pub?!?!
I grabbed this of another website if it's any help....

There are not many pubs located close to the stadium, so the choice for away fans is limited. Derek Hall a visiting Hartlepool United fan recommends the King Alfred pub on Northam Road. 'It is a good pub to visit, just a few minutes walk away from the stadium. Simply head towards the railway line to the right of the away end, then go up and over the railway bridge. The pub is a minute's walk away to your left. There is a small pay and display car park adjacent'. The pub also shows Sky Sports and has a barbeque in matchdays.

There is the Waterfront Bar in William Street, which is an area called Shamrock Quay. You can visit the Waterfront Bar website for more details. Nic Hallam a visiting Wolverhampton Wanderers fan adds; 'In the Ocean Village we found "The Admiral Sir Lucius Curtis" public house. This large establishment had an an excellent choice of beers, friendly bar staff and a convivial mix of both home and away fans'.

Most fans seem to end up in the city centre before the game, where there are plenty of pubs to choose from. Paul Hunt a visiting Bristol City fan adds; 'On our last visit the Standing Order Wetherspoons outlet was for home fans only, with bouncers on the door. We ended up in Yates Wine Lodge in the central shopping area. There were also a lot of away fans in the Slug & Lettuce next door'. Please remember though that if you do drink in the centre, that the stadium is a good twenty minute walk away. Otherwise alcohol is served within the ground.

Problem with the waterfront bars is you would have to travel past the stadium and then later come back on yourself......just can't see myself doing that when there are multiple places to drink on the way to ground right next to the train station

So has it been decide yet then? @8colespurs8 I'm going to meet Abbey Yid Abbey Yid at the station. Don't know where your coach drops you off but pm me your number (and real name ) and we'll try to coordinate. I reckon our best bet is to just follow where the biggest crowd is going.
Blanchflower Blanchflower do you want in?
Also are any of the TFC crew going Thelonious Thelonious ?

This season has been all about bucking trends. E.g Beating Utd in their own backyard, surviving a tricky away draw against lower league opposition in the COC, losing at home to Chelsea. I'm confident we can forget all about our away day woes at St Mary's, especially with key players such as Bale and Dembele returning to the team. 1-3 Spurs win I reckon. Hope to hear some big noise from the travelling support over whatever dodgy internet stream I happen to be watching! COYS!

Back
Top Bottom