Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Jinxed.

Next to no chance Sessegnon is playing football at any level in 3 years.

Muscle injuries and subsequent weaknesses are very hard to overcome, physiologically and mentally.

One must be able to trust the body, and as a footballer I can think of nothing more important.

Last edited:
I feel for the guy, really thought he might turn it around.

Mad to think how positive we were after the CL final and bringing in the likes of Sess and Ndombele that window. Two players with huge potential and we fought off so many teams for their signatures. They’re both probably going to equate to a write off of €90m with salaries definitely bringing that over €100m. Could add in Lo Celso as well but we might get something back for him. That window really was a complete disaster

I feel for the guy, really thought he might turn it around.

Mad to think how positive we were after the CL final and bringing in the likes of Sess and Ndombele that window. Two players with huge potential and we fought off so many teams for their signatures. They’re both probably going to equate to a write off of €90m with salaries definitely bringing that over €100m. Could add in Lo Celso as well but we might get something back for him. That window really was a complete disaster

With Ndombele on £10m+ per year then - inc. Sess - we're talking more like £150m down the shitter.

Lots of sportsmen have injury plagued early careers and figure out how to keep their bodies intact over time. Sessegnon is a particularly egregious case, but he'd be mad to give up on the wealth to be accrued through football over potentially solvable hamstring issues. I'd bet he makes a good career as a decent PL left back.
Can't see it Doc. I'd be amazed if he plays long term for any kind of extended period at a level above national league. I can't see teams taking the risk. He needs to use his imagination and see a life beyond elite football. I genuinely wish him well because he always seemed a lovely kid, bit shy and introverted but a good soul.

The only way way Ryan continues his football career is by becoming close to 100% fit.
If he doesn't become fit we can't sell him.
If he does then for sure Ange will play him.
He is contracted for at least another year and I am hopeful he can regain the great form he has shown in the past.
He hasn’t shown great form in four years+. He’s been shit.

I still see massive potential in him and honestly do have high hopes for him next season, probably as a left winger rather than LB but it’s more likely doomed to fail tbh

Can't see it Doc. I'd be amazed if he plays long term for any kind of extended period at a level above national league. I can't see teams taking the risk. He needs to use his imagination and see a life beyond elite football. I genuinely wish him well because he always seemed a lovely kid, bit shy and introverted but a good soul.
He’s still only 23.

It doesn’t happen often at the top level as players are discarded but I was a wreck physically at 23, and peaking at 28. He could bounce back, nice touch and can finish. Late developers shine later than 23, he could still be growing into his frame

I still see massive potential in him and honestly do have high hopes for him next season, probably as a left winger rather than LB but it’s more likely doomed to fail tbh
Can't see that being with us though. Only a year left on his contract in the summer and I reckon there'll be clubs willing to take a punt on him if his recovery goes well and he does well in preseason. Might end up being a low fee with stuff like sell on clauses for if he ends up doing well.

He’s still only 23.

It doesn’t happen often at the top level as players are discarded but I was a wreck physically at 23, and peaking at 28. He could bounce back, nice touch and can finish. Late developers shine later than 23, he could still be growing into his frame
I really like the optimism. After 4 years, though, how far do we kick the can down the road?

I've basically given up on him, but some views on here suggest there might be some reason for hope, which would be great.

The bloke is 23 years old. 23. Most people just beginning their lives in the workforce and figuring out how to be an adult at that age. And it feels like he's lived a full career and life as a jaded veteran already.

This is really sad, more than anything.

Genuinely seems like a millennium ago when he was scoring for fun for a wing-back/winger as a kid in the Championship for Fulham. He seemed to have the world at his feet back then.

I really like the optimism. After 4 years, though, how far do we kick the can down the road?

I've basically given up on him, but some views on here suggest there might be some reason for hope, which would be great.
Why do some want to cling on to something that won’t happen and has never ever looked like it would happen. Fuck me,accept that he’ll never play for us again. I honestly feel for the lad because of his injuries but when he was fit and in the team he was so poor. I hope he gets over his injury problems and can still play at a level but we need to move on from mediocrity. Some hanging on thinking a player like this will come good and then moan when we can’t challenge for trophies is just hypocritical.

Why do some want to cling on to something that won’t happen and has never ever looked like it would happen. Fuck me,accept that he’ll never play for us again. I honestly feel for the lad because of his injuries but when he was fit and in the team he was so poor. I hope he gets over his injury problems and can still play at a level but we need to move on from mediocrity. Some hanging on thinking a player like this will come good and then moan when we can’t challenge for trophies is just hypocritical.
I guess it's the basis of 'support'.

It's also hope. The lad had promise and the injuries kept resetting the clock on expectations until I for one had none left, but 'hope springs eternal' and I guess some people are still wondering what he'd be like with a good 6 months under him and confidence in his body (with this manager).

Happy to burn him as a witch, though, really don't care much either way at this point.

He has no future at Spurs - been clear as day for years and quite honestly never saw anything resembling top talent in him even as a teen.
Unfortunate for the lad with his constant injuries but can't be carrying players like this any more. Has to go.

Back
Top Bottom