Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m yet to be won over by him, but he is young and Poch has the ability to coach him into a better player.

It all depends on what position he plays and what system we play. I think he may well end up as a LB. similar story to Danny Rose who started as an attacking player but was moved to LB by redknapp.

For 25m this is a steal, English with EPL experience just 19 years old, six year contract what's not to like. He has the potential to be our LB for a decade he's the new Cyril Knowles ....

He’s going to be a star for us. A great price for massive potential. He’s been my number one target for the last two years, and I’m over the moon that we got him. An immensely talented player.

I’m yet to be won over by him, but he is young and Poch has the ability to coach him into a better player.

It all depends on what position he plays and what system we play. I think he may well end up as a LB. similar story to Danny Rose who started as an attacking player but was moved to LB by redknapp.

It will be the opposite. Started as a LB, but will end up in attack. This guy is the real deal, and a massive signing for us.

What do they know? any player in a relegation team is going to look bad, all the scouting reports say he has the makings of a great defender, but then what do they know they're professionals, so you go with "your mates" if you want, let's hope they're wrong
Btw, they say he is a great player. Oddly some on here, despite not seeing him play, have almost written him off.

It will be the opposite. Started as a LB, but will end up in attack. This guy is the real deal, and a massive signing for us.

If we play 433 I can’t see him playing ahead of Lucas, son, Lamela, lo celso, dele.

I certainly don’t see him in a midfield 3.

That leaves LB as the only viable position. He was wasted at RW at Fulham.

Personally he would be best as LWB in a 352

I’m really excited we signed him. May not contribute much right away but has very high potential.

Can’t believe how well spoken he is at 19 too. I know they get coached on that sort of thing but I’m trying to imagine 19 year old me in that interview. Not pretty.

If we play 433 I can’t see him playing ahead of Lucas, son, Lamela, lo celso, dele.

I certainly don’t see him in a midfield 3.

That leaves LB as the only viable position. He was wasted at RW at Fulham.

Personally he would be best as LWB in a 352
A relatively seasoned pro at 19. So much potential. Looking forward to turn him into a Bale!

Bookmark this post now , as sess is going to become world class under poch and we will look back and wonder how we got him so cheap, the lad seems sensible and down to earth and clearly wants to work under poch as well, he has a lot of raw talent but at 19 let’s give poch 6 months with him and then see where we stand, I just wish I had the same hopes with KWP , still let’s see what he is like with a run of games under his belt

Made no secret of what I thought of him last season, but now is the time to give him his baptism of fire and start regularly rotating him with the AMs and let him earn a spot in the first team.

Looking forward to see what he can do

It will be interesting to see whether he starts the season as the LB of choice or starts in the bench.
Obviously he can play further forward and provides more options but I would still expect to see Rose start against Villa on Saturday.
EDIT: Just read on the Spurs website Sessegnon has a hamstring injury and is out for Saturday.

Last edited:
Btw, they say he is a great player. Oddly some on here, despite not seeing him play, have almost written him off.

Well most have seen him play on television but question his ability and whether he is as good as some pundits suggest.

No or few guarantees and he is quite reaerved it seems (so was Bale of course) but I think he has all the tools to be a sensation.

He may take time to settle but we have a gem on our hands I believe and he will add assists and goals. Of that I am certain.

Well most have seen him play on television but question his ability and whether he is as good as some pundits suggest.

No or few guarantees and he is quite reaerved it seems (so was Bale of course) but I think he has all the tools to be a sensation.

He may take time to settle but we have a gem on our hands I believe and he will add assists and goals. Of that I am certain.
:pochwtf:

Back
Top Bottom