Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So fucking pissed. Had to lose another game for a bunch of blind wankers to finally get it into their thick skulls that this little bitch is fucking hopeless.
In the Winks thread you were saying how people should be nicer about winks. And then you call people who picked Sess in the team 'a bunch of blind wankers' and Sess is a 'fucking hopeless little bitch'.

Something not quite right.

In the Winks thread you were saying how people should be nicer about winks. And then you call people who picked Sess in the team 'a bunch of blind wankers' and Sess is a 'fucking hopeless little bitch'.

Something not quite right.
Give me one night to vent.

I'll be civil in the morning,

He’s useless, never seen anything that gives me any hope.

‘he is still young’ - compare him to the likes of Trent and Reece James who are similar ages, absolute worlds apart.

So fucking pissed. Had to lose another game for a bunch of blind wankers to finally get it into their thick skulls that this little bitch is fucking hopeless.

Sometimes you buy a player to be a started but they fail, and become a bench player (like Sanchez), but this kid would struggle in the fucking academy.
Not disputing but are you sure about that? I think I've recently read here that this player will be in frame for England's Euro/WC glory of 2024 and 2026. Such disparate views makes it hard to really know what to believe.

is he actually capable of beating a man? he looks weak and slow physically and he doesnt look like he has any skill what so ever. hes about as basic as they come. hes good for a 10 yard pass a long the floor thats it
Honestly not sure! Could be a confidence thing but he looks like he doesn't trust his pace to beat a player on the outside which is a massive problem since he's quite one footed. Almost feel like he might be better suited to playing on the right and then cut back on to his strong foot, like Kulusevski does.

Summer loan.

Full season.
But we've done that already. If we loan him next season he will return with 2 years left on his contract and that will then be a sticky situation because he's shown NOTHING to extend him. And if we give him a season back in the PL to prove himself then he'd have only 12 months left and full leverage.

I think the answer to the Sessegnon question is for folks to re-assess what they saw in this player and admit that it was only the goal stats (devoid of the context of how those cherry picking goals were scored) that made them appreciate this player. In my mind there is nothing there, never was, and we have ample empirircal data from his time with us.

Not disputing but are you sure about that? I think I've recently read here that this player will be in frame for England's Euro/WC glory of 2024 and 2026. Such disparate views makes it hard to really know what to believe.
I'm sure some people believe the moon is made of cheese. They're morons.

Honestly not sure! Could be a confidence thing but he looks like he doesn't trust his pace to beat a player on the outside which is a massive problem since he's quite one footed. Almost feel like he might be better suited to playing on the right and then cut back on to his strong foot, like Kulusevski does.
Conte already tried that! He was slated for it constantly.

Conte already tried that! He was slated for it constantly.
Do you remember which game? I can remember Conte playing with Doherty and Gil both as inverted wingbacks which he got slated for and I think he also played with Doherty inverted with Royal in his normal position but I don't remember Conte playing Sessegnon on the right. (Not saying I want him to be our starting RWB btw, just that the position might suit him better if he's constantly cutting back)

Last edited:
Do you remember which game? I can remember Conte playing with Doherty and Gil both as inverted wingbacks which he got slated for and I think he also played with Doherty inverted with Royal in his normal position but I don't remember Conte playing Sessegnon on the right. (Not saying I want him to be our starting RWB btw, just that the position might suit him better if he's constantly cutting back)
I can't remember which games specifiocdally. It was relatively early on in his time here. He tried Sess at RWB and Doherty at LWB, both inverted and both horifically shit.

He tried Gil on the right as well, even though the only times he looked like he'd be any good was when he played on the left.

He looks like another poor acquisition; no confidence, no contribution, weak. Nobody in the team wanted to pass to him last night so everything came down the right. He seems like a nice kid but I don’t see his potential.

He looks like another poor acquisition; no confidence, no contribution, weak. Nobody in the team wanted to pass to him last night so everything came down the right. He seems like a nice kid but I don’t see his potential.
Always the worst possible sign they see him day in day out in every situation. When yr fellow players repeatedly see you in space and decide ‘Nah’ and turn the other way it’s the most damning assessment.

Confirms everything we know about Sess. Never ever going to be good enough.

Back
Top Bottom