Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

About Reguilon being faster than Sessegnon and his season at Fullham... The 10 fastest players in the Premier League so far this season including Ryan Sessegnon and Romelu Lukaku

Maybe he's lost some pace due to injuries, or simply not played, but he can be pretty rapid. Was one of the fastest players in the Prem when at Fulham.

Reggie's stats even in Spain are not full of goals or assists. Where do you get this "not comparable" nonsense from? The Championship is not an easy league, and La Liga is a lot more open with a lot more time than the Prem too. Sessengon can finish, can be effective in the final third. That is the take away. That is what people who know about football saw. He needs confidence. He needs games. At 21 years old, after a lot of injuries, what a surprise! As though anyone would write you off...least of all your own 'supporters'

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

He may have been good in a sprint once, but he's certainly not any quicker or stronger than Reguilon now. If you look at them both in the same team, Reguilon is showing a far better turn of pace both defensively and offensively, and is doing more in physical battles as well.

Erm, the fact the championship is a lower level? It's not easy but the average technical and physical level is lower. That's why players like Dwight Gayle can thrive over there and not in the top flight. Sometimes players just don't make that step up, that's football. Please don't talk to me about knowing about football - silly, meaningless statement.

Nobody is writing him off. He may do well. But this is the reality of how he's performed so far, and the context of his stats. Offer something which isn't just the same general nonsense regurgitated whenever a player is criticised, please.

Points>Gifs.

Tottenham Insider: Sessegnon just played his best game for Spurs

Tottenham news: Expert raves over 'brilliant' Ryan Sessegnon - 'Man City couldn't handle him'​

Ryan Sessegnon turned in his best-ever performance for Tottenham as he starred against Manchester City.

That is according to Spurs insider John Wenham, who regularly breaks news about the club on his Lilywhite Rose social media channels.

Sessegnon, 21, was handed a rare start as Tottenham beat Man City 3-2 on Saturday (19 February).

The defender has only made 11 appearances this season but was thrust into the starting lineup against City by Antonio Conte.

Wenham was blown away by the youngster and insists he has never turned in a better for the club.

“Ryan Sessegnon, I have criticised him heavily since he joined the club,” Wenham told Football Insider correspondent Ben Wild.

“I haven’t seen anything from him in the three years he has been here.

“That was easily his best display in a Tottenham shirt. He did 93 minutes at left-wing wing away to City in their first loss since October.

“He did some great running that led to Kane’s first goal and he caused problems all afternoon.

“His pace and directness were brilliant, City couldn’t handle that.

“I hope we see more of that from him now. A lot of players can use this result to push on and really develop.

“I hope Sessegnon can be one of those who we see continue to impress across the rest of the season.”

Conte’s side are now seven points adrift of fourth-placed Man United with three games in hand on the Red Devils.

Spurs face struggling Burnley next up on Wednesday (23 February).

In other news, Tottenham are well placed to sign an “unbelievable” player available for a cut-price deal.

It was a subtly good performance. Defensively, the fact that Sterling had to switch over and that City didn’t muster anything from our left streaks volumes, and in attack he was key in Kane’s first with his pressing, and actually did very well linking forays down that side with one touch football (see the Kane chance that Ederson saved for instance).

Happy for him to have been involved in such a great win for us, hope it gives him confidence.

Tottenham Insider: Sessegnon just played his best game for Spurs

Tottenham news: Expert raves over 'brilliant' Ryan Sessegnon - 'Man City couldn't handle him'​

Ryan Sessegnon turned in his best-ever performance for Tottenham as he starred against Manchester City.

That is according to Spurs insider John Wenham, who regularly breaks news about the club on his Lilywhite Rose social media channels.

Sessegnon, 21, was handed a rare start as Tottenham beat Man City 3-2 on Saturday (19 February).

The defender has only made 11 appearances this season but was thrust into the starting lineup against City by Antonio Conte.

Wenham was blown away by the youngster and insists he has never turned in a better for the club.

“Ryan Sessegnon, I have criticised him heavily since he joined the club,” Wenham told Football Insider correspondent Ben Wild.

“I haven’t seen anything from him in the three years he has been here.

“That was easily his best display in a Tottenham shirt. He did 93 minutes at left-wing wing away to City in their first loss since October.

“He did some great running that led to Kane’s first goal and he caused problems all afternoon.

“His pace and directness were brilliant, City couldn’t handle that.

“I hope we see more of that from him now. A lot of players can use this result to push on and really develop.

“I hope Sessegnon can be one of those who we see continue to impress across the rest of the season.”

Conte’s side are now seven points adrift of fourth-placed Man United with three games in hand on the Red Devils.

Spurs face struggling Burnley next up on Wednesday (23 February).

In other news, Tottenham are well placed to sign an “unbelievable” player available for a cut-price deal.
I've never seen the name John Wenham until 5 minutes ago, I've now read him describing an unremarkable Ryan Sessegnon performance against Man CIty as "brilliant" and pondering why don't we loan Bryan Gil to Real Madrid next season so that he starts every game and they develop him into an £80m superstar for us.

I'm pretty sure John Wenham is a fucking halfwit, if you're on here John, wind it in, you're embarrassing.

He did have some good moments in the second half, I'll give him that.

As for the circling the wagons thing you lot are doing with this kid... fucking embarassing.

Don't wanna hear any more bullshit about potential, you bunch of blind morons

no where near good enough. looks like a non league player out there. just no wow factor at all. hes not quick, hes not strong, his technique isnt above average..hes got nothing.

his football I.Q is poor. a moment in the second half hes let the ball bounce off for a throw right near our corner flag! he could of had the ball at his feet with 15 yards of space and played out with the ball in control at his feet. why the fuck would you let it go out for a throw in these conditions and invite pressure we didnt have? fucking brain dead

Really frustrating performance....quite a few times he got the ball down the wing, decided not to take his man on, turned back and then realised he then couldn't cross the ball because he was then on his right foot (weak foot). If he's not running at players or crossing the ball then we're not going to create any chances. Felt like Bergwijn whipped the ball in more times in his 10 minutes!

So fucking pissed. Had to lose another game for a bunch of blind wankers to finally get it into their thick skulls that this little bitch is fucking hopeless.

Sometimes you buy a player to be a started but they fail, and become a bench player (like Sanchez), but this kid would struggle in the fucking academy.

Feel like he's playing in absence of Reguilon just because we paid a considerable fee for him. Even Rose's last few games for us were not worse than this IMO. This performance level is not something our academy graduate can't reach. R.Sessegnon is only playing now in hope some stupid clubs would be dumb enough to buy him (my wishful thinking of course). Nothing player really.

Back
Top Bottom