Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ryan Mason. The same Ryan Mason who took us to 7th place and Europa Conference league glory, below West Ham. Who lost in comedic circumstances to Aston Villa @ home when Villa were absolutely dog shit. The Mason who impressed levy so much that he spent months trying to appointment basically anyone but Mason. That Ryan Mason ?

Imbeciles.

Interesting post.

Where did Arteta take Woolwich when he took over the remainder of a season? And who did the finish below? And what European competition did they qualify for?

Interesting post.

Where did Arteta take Woolwich when he took over the remainder of a season? And who did the finish below? And what European competition did they qualify for?
And so far what ? They have had a really good season. They have gone out of every cup. And are not guaranteed anything. When Arteta and his light bulb win the league I might give him some credit. Woolwich are nothing to do with me, and may they rot in hell. If they win every fucking thing ever they will still be Woolwich.

At the moment. What I can judge Mason on is his record as interim coach. And it was not good enough. He finished 7th when he should have finished 6th and cost the club millions, and added his own chapter to the “let’s laugh at Tottenham” book of jokes. So putting him back into the mix now is stupid, as stupid as doing the same poor mistake twice and expecting to get a better result. It’s cheap. It’s nasty and it smacks of ENIC.

Of course I hope with all my heart I am wrong. But let’s see. I don’t wish Mason any ill will. He can’t appoint himself. But maybe those that do appoint him might consider if doing so has any merit. And maybe if Mason cares he might want to tell us how much of Conte’s statements he agrees with & tell us what part he played in stopping the slide, given he is a first team coach too.

Last edited:
And so far what ? They have had a really good season. They have gone out of every cup. And are not guaranteed anything. When Arteta and his light bulb win the league I might give him some credit.

At the moment. What I can judge Mason on is his record as interim coach. And it was not good enough. He finished 7th when he should have finished 6th and cost the club millions, and added his own chapter to the “let’s laugh at Tottenham” book of jokes. So putting him back into the mix now is stupid, as stupid as doing the same poor mistake twice and expecting to get a better result. It’s cheap. It’s nasty and it smacks of ENIC.

Of course I hope with all my heart I am wrong. But let’s see.

Rubbish.... 4/6 EPL wins for a caretaker is decent.

Ryan Mason. The same Ryan Mason who took us to 7th place and Europa Conference league glory, below West Ham. Who lost in comedic circumstances to Aston Villa @ home when Villa were absolutely dog shit. The Mason who impressed levy so much that he spent months trying to appointment basically anyone but Mason. That Ryan Mason ?

Imbeciles.

You're melting like he's gonna take over full time..... Of course he isn't.

And so far what ?

Constant improvement every season really. Slowly got rid of the over inflated egos and pushed through an ethos that's now seen young hungry players thrive within an environment that's allowing them to succeed.

I'm not saying Mason would do half as well, but I have no doubt he'd get us closer to Tottenham than we are currently seeing under this joke.

They have had a really good season. They have gone out of every cup. And are not guaranteed anything. When Arteta and his light bulb win the league I might give him some credit. Woolwich are nothing to do with me, and may they rot in hell. If they win every fucking thing ever they will still be Woolwich.

Absolutely.

At the moment. What I can judge Mason on is his record as interim coach. And it was not good enough. He finished 7th when he should have finished 6th and cost the club millions, and added his own chapter to the “let’s laugh at Tottenham” book of jokes.

I'm not sure about this at all. Why should he have finished 6th?

He took over from serial winner who had us 7th place and we ended up finishing in 7th place after winning 4 of 6 games he was put in charge of.

So putting him back into the mix now is stupid, as stupid as doing the same poor mistake twice and expecting to get a better result. It’s cheap. It’s nasty and it smacks of ENIC.

Of course I hope with all my heart I am wrong. But let’s see.

Well, if previous is to go by, he tends to finish in the same position he took over. I am sure you'd take that.

I don't think Mason is the answer permanently. But I would take someone who gets this club over Conte right now. It's toxic. The fans don't have a fucking clue who or what to cheer for. The identity has been lost over the course of the season. We're not going to get a permanent manager in right now and Conte needs to go.

Omg what an utter joke if conte goes and mason steps in. We are already a laughing stock after conte rant, although most of it was bang on the money, apart from him forgetting to take any accountability. But ryan mason ffs get a grip people.

Last edited:
I am not pro Mason getting the job full time , it’s not great him getting it part time but hardly his fault if it happens . He will do his absolute best and I respect him for that . However as Conte said look at the managers we have had and pretty much had zero success, bar 1 tiny cup win.

So does it matter if it’s Mason or Tuchel or Guardiola , LOL , the trophy cabinet will still look as empty whoever gets sacrificed next on Levy’s altar

Nothing will change , I cannot see a single shred of evidence to suggest otherwise. No doubt the cheerleaders for ENIC will say the stadium will in 2078 give us revenue streams to compete for the League Cup once again.

Never forget “ winning is hard “. whichever sacrificial lamb is the manager

Last edited:
I'm running a special offer all week...

Anyone that whinges about Mason or dribbles on about "Mason's Mates" can get a free, complimentary foul vote for their small-minded efforts. :thumbup:

Interesting post.

And you think LEVY would back Mason to the same tune Woolwich backed Arteta?
Without Champions League football?

:harrylol:

Even WITH Champions league football for that matter

:pochcry:

Can people foul vote the company men defending this shitshow?

We could go on.......

Can we foul vote people for disingenuous interpretation of peoples posts and lame crap about "company men"?

(I'm lightheartedly defending Mason; cos he get's a lot of unfounded bullshit thrown at him....... If we need a caretaker, then he's the best man for the job.)

Back
Top Bottom