Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cheers Mase.

Got a couple of players a look in different roles which will be helpful thinking through our next steps. Kept us playing with a modicum of professionalism when that shamefully looked an open question.

I really hope he's able to move on to a head coaching role somewhere. I'll be rooting for him.

Shit, the Chicago Fire are looking for a manager, you ever tried an Italian Beef, Ryan?

There is definitely something he can offer. It
would have to be an appointment of ultra bravery for him to be next for us. So wherever he goes. I hope he does well, unless by some odd twist he ends up @ Chelsea. Where I would hope he crashes the whole fucking club like Terry Fenwick after a session.

There is definitely something he can offer. It
would have to be an appointment of ultra bravery for him to be next for us. So wherever he goes. I hope he does well, unless by some odd twist he ends up @ Chelsea. Where I would hope he crashes the whole fucking club like Terry Fenwick after a session.
he can do well at either soton leeds or leicester, biggish clubs decent budgets and most work with youth, any of those teams would be good for mason to build on and learn more

Cheers Mase.

Got a couple of players a look in different roles which will be helpful thinking through our next steps. Kept us playing with a modicum of professionalism when that shamefully looked an open question.

I really hope he's able to move on to a head coaching role somewhere. I'll be rooting for him.

Shit, the Chicago Fire are looking for a manager, you ever tried an Italian Beef, Ryan?

Italian beef??????

WhereDaF you been all season? :contearms:

I hope Mason can learn the ropes somewhere and gain valuable experience - in time maybe he can return here and take the reins, when ready, but there's an awful lot of track to run yet for that to happen.

I haven't forgotten any of that. It's why I suggested a move to the academy and away from the 1st team. Doubt any manager that comes in will want a 2 time (less than successful) caretaker in their setup. Nor, if managing is his ambition, should he see another stint as an assistant coach at Spurs as a move towards that goal.

Wasn't aimed at you necessarily, but my point was largely that people DO look past the fact that he has already spent time managing in our academy........

Be it now or after a 2nd stint with the young'ns; I'd hope to see him fly the nest at some point if he is to ever come back for a crack at the seniors full time.

Wasn't aimed at you necessarily, but my point was largely that people DO look past the fact that he has already spent time managing in our academy........

Be it now or after a 2nd stint with the young'ns; I'd hope to see him fly the nest at some point if he is to ever come back for a crack at the seniors full time.
Maybe if we end up hiring Celtic's manager, we can send him as part exchange?

Only mildly kidding. In the past I'd say he needs a job in the Championship, but they've gone a but bonkers. Almost every club made at least 1 managerial change this season. 7 months and a sacking would do him more harm than good, I'd imagine.

I hope Mason can learn the ropes somewhere and gain valuable experience - in time maybe he can return here and take the reins, when ready, but there's an awful lot of track to run yet for that to happen.
Why can't he learn the ropes here, with us?

He must be learning a hell of a lot from the managers he has worked with in the last few years?

I wouldn’t be against giving him a chance now, assuming all other credible options have rejected working with Levy. Rodger’s, the Celtic manager etc won’t be backed by the crowd

Why can't he learn the ropes here, with us?

He must be learning a hell of a lot from the managers he has worked with in the last few years?
I meant as head coach, rather than as an assistant - should have been clear. From the outside I am not sure Mason really liked Conte, I interpreted his comment that we need people here who 'care about the club' as aimed at AC, in part.

I know what you meant. He can learn that with us.
Always a difference between learning from watching and learning from doing. Having the responsibility imbues one with a different level of intensity.

Think Ryan should move on now if he wants to be a manager and not content with just being a club man. As I said in another thread, don't know if the championship is a good place now, though. That division has gone a bit crazy, most clubs changed managers at least once this season.

Always a difference between learning from watching and learning from doing. Having the responsibility imbues one with a different level of intensity.

Think Ryan should move on now if he wants to be a manager and not content with just being a club man. As I said in another thread, don't know if the championship is a good place now, though. That division has gone a bit crazy, most clubs changed managers at least once this season.
I take the point you and HampshireSpur HampshireSpur make. I would just love for a manager/coach of our club to actually be part of the club - really love it as we do.

Wouldn't be adverse to the 'boot room' Liverpool had for many years...
Formed upon manager Bill Shankly's arrival at Liverpool in 1959, the Boot Room became an "unofficial institution" at the club and would produce four future managers – Bob Paisley, Joe Fagan, Kenny Dalglish and Roy Evans – over a period of thirty-nine years.

I realise football has moved on from then.

Back
Top Bottom