Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The season was over as soon as Conte left. Conte was far from perfect but he overachieved with this squad in terms of league position (he was shit in the cups). I don’t blame Mason or Stellini for what’s happened since, both have tried to implement new ideas (more often than not it’s failed) but the players just aren’t good enough. Hopefully Mason can find a club to manage in the lower leagues and develop valuable experience.

I suspect it would be more accurate to say that using Winks correlated with 4 wins, because I am not sure Winks was an important cause of those victories. But that may be too pessimistic, and I admit I might be wrong here. Neither player has done very much to prove they deserve minutes in the Premier League since leaving Spurs.

I am quite certain, though, that Lucas played a direct causal role in at least one loss.
Didn’t he bring on sissoko in the final when we were behind and ndombele on the bench. That’s was a big no no for me.

I can't believe the disrespect that fans are giving Ryan Mason. He has gotten players to fight for the badge - or have you already forgotten about how Tottenham fought back against Manchester United this season? Or against Liverpool? Give Ryan Mason some new defenders and let him cook.

He is one of our own, someone who understands the values of this club and what it means to put on the shirt. Mason's already proving his capabilities in the Premier League. I can't believe people prefer someone like Arne Slot who coaches in a Championship Level league and thinks he's ready for a job like Tottenham. I mean Slot sucked against Lazio and Roma in the Europa League for god's sake and they have horrible teams!

b8340yosyr0b1.jpg

Obviously Ryan should not get the first team job just for his work as interim.

But would anyone be opposed to him getting the women's team job?

It is a head coach job and would allow him to work on his craft, whilst still keeping him in house so to speak.

It is a head coach job and would allow him to work on his craft, whilst still keeping him in house so to speak.
I think if he were offered this, he’d be well within his rights to tell Levy to go take a running fuck at himself. Be as well being offered the job of looking after one of the bars in the stadium.

Think it would just seem like we were keeping an interim manager on standby if he sticks around in any capacity once a new manager comes in

I like Mason and I'm happy for him to stay at Spurs if he chooses (not with the women's team, GTFO), but maybe it's time to move to the academy or start apprenticing for the DOF role.

If he wants to pursue management, he needs to move on.

I like Mason and I'm happy for him to stay at Spurs if he chooses (not with the women's team, GTFO), but maybe it's time to move to the academy or start apprenticing for the DOF role.

If he wants to pursue management, he needs to move on.

People seem to have forgotten, but:

"Mason joined the coaching staff of Tottenham Hotspur in April 2018.[59] In February 2019, he suggested that heading should be banned for children.[60] He was made the official academy coach for the Under-19 UEFA Youth League side in July 2019,[61][62]and then the head of player development (U-17 to U-23) in August 2020.[63]

On 20 April 2021, following the dismissal of José Mourinho as head coach, Mason was named interim head coach of Tottenham Hotspur until the end of the season.[64] At the age of 29, he became the youngest manager of a Premier League team............"

What new manager would want him in the background knowing he’s already seen off 2 managers and wants the job himself?

He hasn't "seen off" anyone..... He's not some back-stabby snake.

FFS, give the guy a break.... You talk so much unfounded shit about him.

People seem to have forgotten, but:

"Mason joined the coaching staff of Tottenham Hotspur in April 2018.[59] In February 2019, he suggested that heading should be banned for children.[60] He was made the official academy coach for the Under-19 UEFA Youth League side in July 2019,[61][62]and then the head of player development (U-17 to U-23) in August 2020.[63]

On 20 April 2021, following the dismissal of José Mourinho as head coach, Mason was named interim head coach of Tottenham Hotspur until the end of the season.[64] At the age of 29, he became the youngest manager of a Premier League team............"
I haven't forgotten any of that. It's why I suggested a move to the academy and away from the 1st team. Doubt any manager that comes in will want a 2 time (less than successful) caretaker in their setup. Nor, if managing is his ambition, should he see another stint as an assistant coach at Spurs as a move towards that goal.

High paid players will walk all over him. A 5'7 man with no presence.
Let's just hire a woman.
Emma Hayes. I might be misremembering but I think the BBC said she was as good as Pep. Could get Alex Scott as her number two with her 140 England caps adding to her credibility :mourcry:

Back
Top Bottom