Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In this case I'd rather see our fans take the moral high ground and I sincerely hope they do. Leave it be, it seems norm for the supporters to muddy the clubs name by needlessly getting involved in something that brings bad blood with it. It seems done with, let's let it slide
Yes that does make sense and is probably the smartest course of action, even if he's a snake of a player who has every right to be treated just as any other pro does with his professional fouling etc.

He probably thought the police would pick out 1 unlucky bloke and pin racism charges against him. He underestimated the club's stadium technology and expert lip readers. It's no wonder he hasn't put out a statement to accentuate his claims, but rather stay silent and let this all fade away over time.

It's best the supporters not give this attention whore anymore of what he craves. Another chorus of boos will lead him to cry wolf again and have another go at attempting to stain the club's reputation.

Holt’s tweets are completely at odds with his status as a serious journalist. These are not the comments of a journalist, they are the comments of a juvenile CFC fan.

I’m shocked at his stance on this. The man is a cunt.
This is what happens when journalists become activists. We've seen it elsewhere and was only a matter of time before it infected football, especially with the tribalism that comes naturally with it.
:harrysmile:

Is any of this factually incorrect?
Nope the 'fan' in question has refused to give a statement to the club or police - so why is that? - Holt spins this as "the person who heard the monkey noises aimed at Rudiger, has been bullied and abused by Spurs fans to the point where he, understandably, doesn't really want to know any more" - now that is pure fiction, he was prepared to put it all over social media but not speak to the club or the police? that just doesn't add up ...

Well that's probably the end of that, apologise from the media and talking heads to follow no doubt -

A Spurs statement said the club and the Metropolitan Police had "now exhausted all avenues of investigation". Spurs confirmed that the police had closed the crime report on the matter.

The Tottenham statement added: "We fully support Antonio Rudiger with the action that he took - however there is no evidence to corroborate or contradict the allegation and as such neither ourselves nor the police are in a position to take any further action"

Chelsea issued a statement which began: "We support Toni Rudiger totally and unequivocally on this matter, and as Tottenham's statement makes clear, a lack of evidence does not mean an incident did not take place"

So basically Spurs fans guilty even though all evidence says innocent ... what a shock

One Chelsea fan was arrested for a racially aggravated public order offence against Spurs forward Son Heung-min, who was sent off in the match after a collision with Rudiger. Funny how Chelsea never mention this real offence.

Nope the 'fan' in question has refused to give a statement to the club or police - so why is that? - Holt spins this as "the person who heard the monkey noises aimed at Rudiger, has been bullied and abused by Spurs fans to the point where he, understandably, doesn't really want to know any more" - now that is pure fiction, he was prepared to put it all over social media but not speak to the club or the police? that just doesn't add up ...
But Holt mentions further fans who contacted the club. What about them? Do they exist or has he just made people up?
Also, if I’m the guy who stupidly went to Twitter before anything else, I’d be keen to avoid more abuse, so I can see that being true.
Still not seeing anything that Holt said that we know for a fact isn’t true. We don’t know if it is either.

But Holt mentions further fans who contacted the club. What about them? Do they exist or has he just made people up?
Also, if I’m the guy who stupidly went to Twitter before anything else, I’d be keen to avoid more abuse, so I can see that being true.
Still not seeing anything that Holt said that we know for a fact isn’t true. We don’t know if it is either.

Well neither the club nor the police could find a single fan, or any video, or any audio, but you think Holt did? that's what you believe? One crappy journalist knows better than our club and the entire metropolitan police? if Holt has these 'other fans' and his conclusive evidence, then why hasn't he given it to the authorities

You stick with the your guilty until proven innocent if you want ... after all bias knows no limits.

In this case I'd rather see our fans take the moral high ground and I sincerely hope they do. Leave it be, it seems unnecessary for the supporters to muddy the clubs name by needlessly getting involved in something that brings bad blood with it. It seems done with, let's let it slide

We play them away in only a few weeks, not even enough time for the dust to settle.

If Chelsea have any brains, they will leave him out of that game.

I think it would be very difficult to not have a witness come forward if racist chanting occurred, so I am going forward under the assumption that Rudiger misheard. Case closed.

MVP MVP , you seem to be very quiet after having a lot to say.. Why is that???

You were very quick to jump down everyone’s throat thinking you knew everything, but you don’t and all you are left with is throwing pathetic little disagrees about because you can’t continue with your clueless campaign.
Yours and others silence says it all..

Now take a step back and accept that you don’t know everything and people are allowed to have a different opinion to yours.

Last edited:
MVP MVP , you seem to be very quiet after having a lot to say.. Why is that???

You were very quick to jump down everyone’s throat thinking you knew everything, but you don’t and all you are left with is throwing pathetic little disagrees about because you can’t continue with your clueless campaign.
Yours and others silence says it all..

Now take a step back and accept that you don’t know everything and people are allowed to have a different opinion to yours.
I only caught the news this morning and just read all the opinions. I will give a longer reply later once I'm on the laptop.

Well neither the club nor the police could find a single fan, or any video, or any audio, but you think Holt did? that's what you believe? One crappy journalist knows better than our club and the entire metropolitan police? if Holt has these 'other fans' and his conclusive evidence, then why hasn't he given it to the authorities

You stick with the your guilty until proven innocent if you want ... after all bias knows no limits.
Fuck all to do with bias you condescending prick.

According to what Holt wrote the club knew about the fans in question as they’d contacted the club and received hardly a response.

Do I think that a journalist can find things out that a football club and a police force can’t? Yes. Yes I do believe that to be true. I’ve no idea if it’s the case in this instance. All I was doing was asking if we knew anything he said to be untrue. It appears we don’t.

A final word on your bias shite - I’ve maintained all along that Rudiger thought he heard something that didn’t actually happen. I don’t think we are guilty but I don’t think he is either. Probably a lot less biased than you on this matter.

Fuck all to do with bias you condescending prick.

According to what Holt wrote the club knew about the fans in question as they’d contacted the club and received hardly a response.

Do I think that a journalist can find things out that a football club and a police force can’t? Yes. Yes I do believe that to be true. I’ve no idea if it’s the case in this instance. All I was doing was asking if we knew anything he said to be untrue. It appears we don’t.

A final word on your bias shite - I’ve maintained all along that Rudiger thought he heard something that didn’t actually happen. I don’t think we are guilty but I don’t think he is either. Probably a lot less biased than you on this matter.
i don't believe anything that cunt holt has to say hes already proved in his tweets he's an ignorant biased cunt but what i do believe is that the club and the Met police did a investigation into the accusations and found nothing ,i believe the police and the club over that cunt every day of the week .

i don't believe anything that cunt holt has to say hes already proved in his tweets he's an ignorant biased cunt but what i do believe is that the club and the Met police did a investigation into the accusations and found nothing ,i believe the police and the club over that cunt every day of the week .

Worth also noting that the police fucking love stuff like this, far easier to make a public example of football fans (the club probably has to pay for the overtime as well), than try and take down proper organised criminals.

Back
Top Bottom