Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah I think its been obvious from day one he misheard something. There's no way he could of heard a single voice shouting something racist with the noise that was going on, no chants were sung else they'd of been picked up immediately and nobody made any gestures.

In the current climate, not help by the media whipping things up, I'm erring on forgiving the player for being mistaken. There should be an apology though to the fans, especially the media who were desperate to tar us with the racism brush as soon as they could.

There was just as much chance he misheard as there was something genuinely happening or him lying through his back teeth. My issue is those backing Rudiger early on were seen as social warriors fighting the good fight and those who stated that it's alleged and we should keep an open mind that maybe it didn't need happen got told that they were a part of the problem. You speak out and it's agains thte masses you're seen as a racist, short sighted or a bigot when it's just fact that until proven anything is a possibility.

Racism exists yes, just like misinterpreting something innocent as racist exists, just like wrong 'uns who play the victim to their advantage exist. I'm not saying Rudiger is any of those, I don't know they guy it wouldn't be fair to judge but I don't understand why some people are so scared of accepting and not admitting that some people mishear or some people are snide shitty people who know how to play the game. I hope this is over and done now, I'm glad this shed light on a big issue, that racism is felt by every race yet Rudiger got more attention than Son in the media because, well, it sells and gets more clicks. That needs scrutinising massively after this whole ordeal but sadly it won't.

I am 99.9% convinced he mis-interpreted the "who who who let the yids out".

If that's the case a quick five minute look at the Spurs chants, a listen and Rudiger saying that is what's he heard would have saved so much time, slander and money. I'd find it very hard to believe that the case has been investigated that long based on the statement Rudiger would have given to the bobbies.

Either way I hope it's over and done with now, the state,entndoesnt mean something didn't happen but we'll never know so no more energy should be given to it as we'll never get a genuine answer. The fight to end racism will continue, the club should get apologies from the likes of Neville for filtyhing the clubs name with absolutely no evidence to suggest it was justified.

If that's the case a quick five minute look at the Spurs chants, a listen and Rudiger saying that is what's he heard would have saved so much time, slander and money. I'd find it very hard to believe that the case has been investigated that long based on the statement Rudiger would have given to the bobbies.

Either way I hope it's over and done with now, the state,entndoesnt mean something didn't happen but we'll never know so no more energy should be given to it as we'll never get a genuine answer. The fight to end racism will continue, the club should get apologies from the likes of Neville for filtyhing the clubs name with absolutely no evidence to suggest it was justified.
Spurs would still need to exhaust all other possibilities. And even then are unlikely to offer it as an explaination, as they would like to rid the club the "Y word" association

Spurs would still need to exhaust all other possibilities. And even then are unlikely to offer it as an explaination, as they would like to rid the club the "Y word" association

Seems a bit unnecessary and long winded if that's the case. All you'd have to do is ask rudiger what he heard, he could then relay that, you could ask if you're sure it wasn't a chant, plossibly play him a clip of it, see if he's an honest gent that says it was (I'm sure if it was a chant and he wasn't trying to save face it would be obvious that lines were crossed) and then it's done. Why look for evidence of something deeper than it may have been if of course it was a chant and Rudiger could identify it as being so.

Either way I'm pleased this situation has had a line drawn underneath it now, we can finally get back to moaning about how shit the football is instead ;)

Either way, I dearly hope this crap is solved soon.

Also: I'd appreciate if you all look out for Oliver Holt on Twitter; And every time he goes on about Spurs, please reply to his tweets with John Terry quotes from Holts own book.

Not surprised to see the unfounded allegations have no backing. I’m almost certain this is a misunderstanding, Rudiger has misunderstood a chant (or bog standard booing?) as a racist act - knowing his character he seems like an emotional and generally sensitive chap. It could’ve been a heat of the moment thing from him but at this point he should come out and apologise because he’s done a massive disservice to the fans and the club if his accusations are proven wrong. I’ve personally never experienced any racism at the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom