Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ankles can be a tricky thing as often have weakness and inflammation in them even months after returning. His mobility ie him turning with the ball and changing direction quickly looks to have been impacted as well as he seems not as confident really crunching into tackles as was before.

Why don't you list our best then in order. And give a brief summary as to why. Thanks

Sure!

1. Maddison. By far. Unless you count him as an attacker .. but he’s by a mile our most creative and influential footballer.

2. Bissouma. Had some poor games lately but at his best far more dynamic, press resistant and generally more unplayable than Bentancur. He can dominate a midfield.

3. Bentancur/Sarr. The latter with much more potential, much more athletic, moves about the pitch with more ease. Bentancur is classy on the ball but sometimes not great when pressed and I find him a bit static sometimes. He’s good, not great.

He's always been hit or miss.
He is one of those players that you'll often see doing something very well and immediately fuck up the next, easier thing. Like beat 3 men and drive the ball 30 yards up thr pitch, then play an easy pass behind the attacker and we lose the ball. That sort of thing

DeadlyDefoe DeadlyDefoe - you disgree - but check this out. This isn't an isolated incident

View: https://youtu.be/zqE8FbF7XCE?si=Y9M-cTcm4TtGpJMX&t=208

he has been a tad off since he has been back from injury but also good moments, which is to be expected... prior to his injury he was by far the main leading lynchpin and was key for us getting in the top four in the conte season and maintained that the following season till the nasty injury.

he was key in the man united game an it was his play in the game v brighton that created the opportunity for pape sarr goal. I agree he has lost the ball since coming back more than you'd like, but you can see that is down to his body not reacting quick enough with his mind due to fitness and recovery, not down to lack focus or a brainfart, fully fit this guy is a leader and beast.

Last edited:
he has been a tad off since he has been back from injury but also good moments, which is to be expected... prior to his injury he was by far the main leading lynchpin and was key for us getting in the top four in the conte season and maintained that the following season till the nasty injury.

he was key in the man united game an it was his play in the game v brighton that created the opportunity for pape sarr goal. I agree he has lost the ball since coming back more than you'd like, but you can see that is down to his body not reacting quick enough with his mind due to fitness and recovery, not down to lack focus or a brainfart, fully fit this guy is a leader and beast.

But that was my point. He'll go from moments of brilliance to a pass that's so horrible you'd think it was a Sunday league player. I can't always wrap my head around how that happens, but it does, and more often than a lot of fans seem to notice.
If PEH makes that pass, there's literal venom coming from fans mouths.

Good finish for our second tbf

Great finish for the player labelled negative from a lot of our fan base. Even Kane, who played him in, wasn't trying to bust a lung to get in the box there.

Back
Top Bottom