Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His ankle probably won’t be 100% until next season.

We’d be better off using him off the bench more than not until then.
Why do you think that his ankle won’t be 100% till next season? His ankle might not be right but we always look for something when a player is not at the top of his game. He’s a mixed bag just now because he’s still doing very good things but is just a bit slack with his passing.

Why do you think that his ankle won’t be 100% till next season? His ankle might not be right but we always look for something when a player is not at the top of his game. He’s a mixed bag just now because he’s still doing very good things but is just a bit slack with his passing.
Because he was moving fine before the ankle injury and he clearly can’t move at the moment.

He has been poor but I thought both he and Kulu started to find their groove right before they were taken off and that probably contributed to our poor display after that.

As others have said we now have Sarr, Biss and Gio to share the 8/6 minutes around without a big drop off so no need to flog Bentancur.

Tottenham will seemingly not be concerned however. Speaking on his YouTube channel, Alasdair Gold suggested that the expectation that it may still be some time before he returns to the levels he was previously at.

“From what I understand from people within the club, as he was going through his rehabilitation and getting towards the end of it, there was this feeling last year that you weren’t going to see the best version of Rodrigo Bentancur until next season, so the 24/25 season,” he said.

“And that’s not particularly down to him, that is purely because when you’ve had a serious, long-term injury, your body needs to rebuild itself. And it’s almost like the player has to re-educate themselves on all the things that were natural and instinctive, because they just haven’t done it for so long, or they’ve barely done it.”

His poor form (much like our attacking play) coincides with Maddison coming back into the starting line up.

Against Villa he looked excellent before he got injured. Came back vs Bournemouth and played decent and then well again against United. Maddison come back into the team and Bentancur looks like the second coming of Hossam Ghaly.

It takes a bloody long time to get back into the groove especially after such a bad,painful injury.
Bentancur is Rolls Royce and I'm totally confident he'll be back to his best before to long.
However I do think he needs to be managed properly to avoid unnecessary injuries.

It takes a bloody long time to get back into the groove especially after such a bad,painful injury.
Bentancur is Rolls Royce and I'm totally confident he'll be back to his best before to long.
However I do think he needs to be managed properly to avoid unnecessary injuries.
he got back to the groove straight away against villa then got back to the groove almost straight away again against united.

I dont think his issue is injury related.

he got back to the groove straight away against villa then got back to the groove almost straight away again against united.

I dont think his issue is injury related.

Did play as an 8 against United though.

His recent poor performances have been with him as a 6 where he's been positioned since the United game.

Issue is, on this form he's no where near as good as Sarr for the right sided central midfield role. And he's not as creative as Maddison to take his place (despite form)

Back
Top Bottom