Rodgers Odds on for Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Leroy said:
:harryfacepalm:

I thought he was better than that.
So did I, more the fool I am for actually thinking that someone might have a whiff of integrity in the game. :ap:

Yet another nail in the coffin of professionalism, pretty soon we're gonna' need a bigger coffin. :harryblow:

I think the problem with most analysis about Rodgers is that it seems to focus only on Swansea, a team where the style had already been implemented by Martinez. He is still clearly a good manager, but I don't imagine him making Liverpool the Barcelona of the north at all.

It could go any which way though, nobody really thought Redknapp would have us playing some of the best football we've played in a while.

Is that down to Redknapp though? Or to his attitude when he came in, putting an arm around the players shoulders and telling them to express themselves?

There's been rare occasions where Harry's obviously put a game plan across to the team, like at Chelsea this season. But there's been too many games where we've looked completely clueless, games we could have won with a more tactically aware coach.

CharlieTHFC said:
Is that down to Redknapp though? Or to his attitude when he came in, putting an arm around the players shoulders and telling them to express themselves?

There's been rare occasions where Harry's obviously put a game plan across to the team, like at Chelsea this season. But there's been too many games where we've looked completely clueless, games we could have won with a more tactically aware coach.

So we played the best football many of us have ever seen in a Spurs side early this season....and that was down to Harry giving some of the players a hug three and half years ago?

sammyspurs said:
CharlieTHFC said:

So we played the best football many of us have ever seen in a Spurs side early this season....and that was down to Harry giving some of the players a hug three and half years ago?

Modric was a good footballer well before Redknapp met him - as an influence on how we play Redknapp has been a hindrance rather than an influence........first of all he didn't even rate Bale enough to give him a game.........now he plays him behind the strikers or right wing

Quite simply the guy is a know nothing cunt

If 30,000 people sat in the stands know what you're doing wrong and you stand there twitching it's time you fucked off to Chelsea

sammyspurs said:
CharlieTHFC said:

No. But you can't tell me the free-flowing, attacking way we play is down to the way Harry drills the team. It's because he offers little or no structure to any tactical plans he gives the team. He tells them to express themselves. So it's the players playing on instinct. It's them reacting to what's in front of them.

Whereas in recent seasons, if the pass wasn't on, we would go long to Crouch. That was either down to the players not knowing what they should be doing, or because that was the height of Harry's tactical teachings.

CharlieTHFC said:
sammyspurs said:
CharlieTHFC said:

No. But you can't tell me the free-flowing, attacking way we play is down to the way Harry drills the team. It's because he offers little or no structure to any tactical plans he gives the team. He tells them to express themselves. So it's the players playing on instinct. It's them reacting to what's in front of them.

Whereas in recent seasons, if the pass wasn't on, we would go long to Crouch. That was either down to the players not knowing what they should be doing, or because that was the height of Harry's tactical teachings.

So the bad things about the way we play are down to Harry........and the good things about the way we play are down to the players instincts?

So when their instincts are wrong, and we play shit, that's because of Harry and his teachings......but when we play brilliantly, it's because their instincts were right, and nothing to do with Harry's teachings?

I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything close to that. I've never said the players and manager, and all the coaches, shouldn't share the blame, as well as the praise.

Everyone can have a bad day, but when we had that awful run, and we were consistently awful, nothing changed tactically, did it?

Flaws in our play should be acknowledged by our management team and dealt with. Obviously we shouldn't expect them to iron out every little problem, but consistent problems, for example Bale drifting inside when it's obvious he's more effective when he stays wide, should be addressed.

I gave credit to Harry for his tactics at Chelsea, we could and should have won that day and that was down to the way Harry set the team up; the formation and the way he had the team working without the ball and staying tight and compact defensively.

What I expect though, is for there to be differing tactical approaches for each game, not just special occasions. Why should the game with Chelsea be more important than Norwich at home?

Blanchflower said:
Samed Yesil, Suso, Andre Wisdom, Conor Coady, Adam Morgan, Jack Robinson and Dani Pacheco have all been included in the Europa League squad

:baeshock:

Aside from Pacheco I know that Suso and Jack Robinson are both very good prospects.

Back
Top Bottom