Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not convinced but might be useful as a squad player.
If he starts crying on the floor when we are or should have been in possession though he's going to know about it from me though.
He ain't the superstar here and he'll have to know that.
I got 9 triggered disagrees for this opinion in the thread in July. On reflection I might have even been generous here.

Agree BUT, financially speaking we're just not the sort of club that can afford to have a 60m signing bench warming. We need to be pro active and sell him while his stock is still doing relatively ok, take a 20m loss and be done with it.

Question....

How do these sorts of things work..

We buy Richy for £60m, let's say the clauses for that £60m are he plays 50/75/100 games or scores xyz number of goals... let's just say £20m of that transfer is made up of that..

If we sell him, do we still owe Everton the dough?
Might sound a silly one but curious if anyone knows

Question....

How do these sorts of things work..

We buy Richy for £60m, let's say the clauses for that £60m are he plays 50/75/100 games or scores xyz number of goals... let's just say £20m of that transfer is made up of that..

If we sell him, do we still owe Everton the dough?
Might sound a silly one but curious if anyone knows
If we had a clause that 40m would turn into 60m once he surpassed 50 games, but we sold him after he played only 43 games, then Everton would not get that 20m extra.

Nobody is going to pay £40m for this player, I honestly don’t see how we sell him. No English club will buy him given his form and he’s not good enough for a foreign team to gamble a £20m fee on either. He’s another one destined for a bunch of loans.

I’ve never seen a player look so awkward when the ball comes to them two yards out. The number of tap ins he has completely fluffed is shocking.

I've got my eye on 2 EPL teams.

Palace & Fulham...........

CP - A part-ex for Eze would be the bollocks.
FFC - Probably missed the boat; them forking out some of their Mitro cash wouldn't have been a good fit.

......Possibly even Brentford if they can a big lump for Toney.

No chance of 40m though.

Nobody is going to pay £40m for this player, I honestly don’t see how we sell him. No English club will buy him given his form and he’s not good enough for a foreign team to gamble a £20m fee on either. He’s another one destined for a bunch of loans.

I’ve never seen a player look so awkward when the ball comes to them two yards out. The number of tap ins he has completely fluffed is shocking.
I mostly agree with everything said, especially that no prem team will pay 40m up front for him, but I think it's very possible we could sell him for 30-35m and and have a clause of 10-15m if he surpasses 40ish games or something like that. He needs to be the main MAIN man in a team, with a large portion of the play being directed towards him eg hoof it up to Richy lads, rather than being a bit part piece in a team where goals are regularly coming from a variety of different players.

I think that saying applies to a striker that is going through a lean spell but has a previous record of scoring goals .Don't think it applies to Richi certainly not while he has been with us .

Its Saudi or bust. Gerrard must have seen during his Merseyside days would he take him?
everton would take him back for 40m if they could get the money together somehow.

missed that sitter early on which was poor, but loads of them missed chances earlier including son, kulu, maddison. hopefully gil gets to start against fulham and gives us more creativity in the final third because its lacking hard when son and rich take up 2/3rds of it.

we need richarlison this season anyway as we are light up there now with 2 long term injuries to left sided players. hell do his bit.

He just doesn’t have that killer instinct does he? Thankfully Brennan Johnson looks to be Ange’s immediate 1st choice which will put Richy back on the bench. I like him, but he just looks clumsy and can’t seem to control a ball either

Back
Top Bottom