Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Being a striker is probably the most frustrating position in the game. Back to goal,starved of service,making runs constantly and not getting anything and playing off scraps but at some point you need to make it happen for yourself and not sulk.
He is Brazil’s number 9 I’ve heard,so why can’t he come off and receive the ball and get a shot away or play a clever pass or is that too much for him?
People will say that it’s not his job and the formation doesn’t really allow him to do that but that’s bollocks. The players under this manager are allowed to express themselves so let’s see it from him. He wants us to be patient with him and the goals will come but we need to see a glimmer of something because fans are fickle cunts. I hope from Saturday he gets his goals and plays great and can kickstart his career here because if it doesn’t happen soon then there is no defending him.
as i said above. go and watch the minute i said! that should be a richarlison goal! hes not been passed to and instead son has tried shooting through a defender! wtf is richarlsion meant to do then? hes done his bit and hes made himself an option, hes been ignored when all son had to do is lay him off.

by all means hammer the cunt if hes missing clear cuts! but when hes not being passed to when he is THE pass to make. then its massively disingenuous.

and as long as his PPG is high why would you care about his goals per game? people saying " any donkey can work hard" , thats not true. you cant fake desire, there's also an art to pressing properly. i bet postecoglou isnt bothered about his goals if he feels hes been an important cog in the system

Exactly my point....... Which illustrates that not everyone thinks the way you wish to portray them.... Or is being patient over Rich for the reasons that you're projecting.
Sure there are exceptions
"Kane replacement"? Fat chance......

And of course Kane replacement just means a real striker capable of scoring goals.(Toney?) Not an exact replica or anything.

and as long as his PPG is high why would you care about his goals per game? people saying " any donkey can work hard" , thats not true. you cant fake desire, there's also an art to pressing properly. i bet postecoglou isnt bothered about his goals if he feels hes been an important cog in the system
We used to win games inspite of Winks in the team. That doesnt mean Winks played well. We've had clean sheets inspite o f Dier being a clown .

The PPG is high because Emerson scored from outside the box and scoring or opposite team scoring owngoals. Things that are very uncommon and that cant be relied on game after game. Currently ppg has nothing to do with the striker who cant score.

I am in the 'give him more games to at least show something' crowd as you can't give up on a 60m player quickly, but sure...

- Failed to consistently control a football.
- Lost duels consistently. No CB has had trouble with him so far.
- Failed to create anything for teammates. Passing extremely wayward.
-Offered no individual moments. Not beaten a defender, not dribbled, not come up with a bit of skill.

He's been bad. This whole 'he's doing what he asked' excuse is rubbish. Stick Kane up top for these two games and he has moments - great passes, shots, gets himself involved. He probably scores in at least one game.
If failing to consistently control the ball was a droppable offence then none of our front three should be playing.
Would be incredibly harsh to drop a striker for losing duels for two matches, though of course he should be doing better.
He's not at all a creator in this system, he's responsible for creating space.
He actually dribbled more than Kulusevski and as much as Son, despite barely seeing the ball.

Last edited:
as i said above. go and watch the minute i said! that should be a richarlison goal! hes not been passed to and instead son has tried shooting through a defender! wtf is richarlsion meant to do then? hes done his bit and hes made himself an option, hes been ignored when all son had to do is lay him off.

by all means hammer the cunt if hes missing clear cuts! but when hes not being passed to when he is THE pass to make. then its massively disingenuous.

I think he will be bothered about his lack of goals if they don’t come soon and he will end up on the bench. It’s not his fault thst sonny never passed to him and he might or might not have scored but the bottom line in the whole richy argument is he isn’t scoring,doesn’t really look like scoring and his whole all round game is below average in his time with us. And yes he does work hard and yes every player works hard and should be able to press correctly. If we are happy for us to sign someone for £60 million and the best attribute he has is working hard then we are fucked. We are a top club and we should expect so much more. And you might not agree with this but if he wasn’t Brazilian he’d get even less leeway. If we put parrot or Scarlett in and they were doing the what he does then you’d all be saying he’s not good enough.
Desire is not just running about being a nuisance either.

Human feeling is flawed. The ratings represent a record of performance over a period of time, not just a hunch or feeling.
But by that token, humans too are flawed... So no amount of xG Stat Attackattackattacks can legislate for a brain fart in the 89th minute!

The stats TELL you it shouldn't happen historically, as it may not have happened over a period of time...
so how come it still does? ...time and TIME again?!

We've all been at games where you just FEEL the inevitability of something bad about to happen... No amount of stats can change that guy wrenching feeling WHEN you have it!

Same goes the other way...
as SOON as I stepped into the ground on Saturday, I - and many others - just had 'a feeling' we'd do well... I actually had CONFIDENCE for the first time in a LONG time!

Even though 'stats' would tell me to stop being so ridiculous, as we hadn't beaten Utd at home for years....

Gut feelings DO have their place in football alongside stats!

But anyway... Back to Richie Laaa....

Sorry for the thread hijack!

You agreed with the image of the old man in the nice chair being dismissive by gesturing with his hands.
Now you are saying stats and human feeling both have their place.
So which is more reliable ?

I’m interested to know (but can’t work out how to use these stats sites- see old man shouting at clouds gif) how many goal scoring chances he has had in these opening two games.
He’s no Kane and certainly isn’t going to create his own opportunities out of nothing, so that suggests the wingers also need to be doing more. The front 3 just aren’t firing properly at the moment. I thought Sonny had a good game on Saturday but we aren’t exactly laying chance after chance on a plate for Richy.
I think we need to accept that our goals are going to come from all over the pitch under Ange and that having a nuisance/disrupting presence up front will allow space for others to weigh in with goals.
I have some sympathy for him and won’t judge him properly until I’ve seen him fluff chance after chance like Soldado.
New manager, new system. Let’s hope Richy can get up to speed and start banging a few in.

I’m interested to know (but can’t work out how to use these stats sites- see old man shouting at clouds gif) how many goal scoring chances he has had in these opening two games.
He’s no Kane and certainly isn’t going to create his own opportunities out of nothing, so that suggests the wingers also need to be doing more. The front 3 just aren’t firing properly at the moment. I thought Sonny had a good game on Saturday but we aren’t exactly laying chance after chance on a plate for Richy.
I think we need to accept that our goals are going to come from all over the pitch under Ange and that having a nuisance/disrupting presence up front will allow space for others to weigh in with goals.
I have some sympathy for him and won’t judge him properly until I’ve seen him fluff chance after chance like Soldado.
New manager, new system. Let’s hope Richy can get up to speed and start banging a few in.
According to this;

He's had one shot in the two games so far.
That shot was from inside the penalty area, but outside the 6 yard box.

Just going on that I'm sure that his xg is extremely low.

Doesn't mean he's bad, only that he's had no chances to score.

According to this;

He's had one shot in the two games so far.
That shot was from inside the penalty area, but outside the 6 yard box.

Just going on that I'm sure that his xg is extremely low.

Doesn't mean he's bad, only that he's had no chances to score.
Thanks. Confirmed my eye test theory that he’s not actually had too many chances to fluff.
When he’s getting chances on a plate and making a pigs ear of them, I think that’s when it’s time to get out the pitchforks.
While we are winning games and he is playing whatever part, I’m sure Ange will be happy with the points.
I still think we need competition up top and a new striker is needed.
I’m just not at the point of throwing him out with the bath water

Are there many instances of a mature PL player starting off at a new club and playing way under par for a whole season then coming good ?
Yes, some much closer to home too.

yves-bissouma.jpg

He never was worth 60 big ones, Everton are still laughing. As are Lyon re Ndombele, Betis re Lo Celso, Ajax re Davinson etc etc.

Yes, Kane was ever-present last season and there was the WC distraction la di da di da...but Richy still had chances, he just didn't take them.

Only two (official) games this season and yeah he could still turn it round if he gets his mojo back, and boy do I wish that happens for both us and the pigeon...but as of now, let's be honest, if he was shipped out before the TW shuts and a replacement brought in, how many would shed a genuine tear?

Would've liked us to get that De Ketelaere kid on loan from AC, but he's at Atalanta now. That David from Lille is a good player, but I wouldn't spend a penny over 30mil on him. At this stage, I'd be happy to see Ange give young Dane a few league outings, see how he does. Then go for a big name next year if need be and once we're back in the CL.

He never was worth 60 big ones, Everton are still laughing. As are Lyon re Ndombele, Betis re Lo Celso, Ajax re Davinson etc etc.

Yes, Kane was ever-present last season and there was the WC distraction la di da di da...but Richy still had chances, he just didn't take them.

Only two (official) games this season and yeah he could still turn it round if he gets his mojo back, and boy do I wish that happens for both us and the pigeon...but as of now, let's be honest, if he was shipped out before the TW shuts and a replacement brought in, how many would shed a genuine tear?

Would've liked us to get that De Ketelaere kid on loan from AC, but he's at Atalanta now. That David from Lille is a good player, but I wouldn't spend a penny over 30mil on him. At this stage, I'd be happy to see Ange give young Dane a few league outings, see how he does. Then go for a big name next year if need be and once we're back in the CL.
I promise you Everton aren't laughing, they desperately need him.

First post-Kane post.

It's early days, but, with (it appears) a fully functioning midfield (with Bentancur waiting in the wings) as opposed to the Hojbgerg/Skipp nonsense, we need someone to deliver 20+ goals to have any aspirations for top 6.

Richarlison has never achieved anywhere like it.

We need to cough up and provide competition for him. When Llorente left we should have had a punt on Mitrovic. Maybe we still should?

That, or Son needs to rediscover his form from the season before last. On the evidence of pre-season and the first two games, it's still Son 2022.

Early days yet, but I've started to look forward to Saturdays as opposed to dreading them.

I think he will be bothered about his lack of goals if they don’t come soon and he will end up on the bench. It’s not his fault thst sonny never passed to him and he might or might not have scored but the bottom line in the whole richy argument is he isn’t scoring,doesn’t really look like scoring and his whole all round game is below average in his time with us. And yes he does work hard and yes every player works hard and should be able to press correctly. If we are happy for us to sign someone for £60 million and the best attribute he has is working hard then we are fucked. We are a top club and we should expect so much more. And you might not agree with this but if he wasn’t Brazilian he’d get even less leeway. If we put parrot or Scarlett in and they were doing the what he does then you’d all be saying he’s not good enough.
Desire is not just running about being a nuisance either.
the son one was just one example of him not being passed to when he is THE option. theres been many more and there will be next game no doubt. find it hard to hammer a striker when his teammates are ignoring him in them sort of situations. as i said if hes getting the ball there and missing then fair enough. but when hes in space and THE option for a clear cut chance and hes not being passed to then what can he do? you cant even say his movement is poor, the cunts not been passed to.

if that was kane in that situation instead of richarlison and he hadn't been passed to, a lot more would of been made of it. luckily it didnt cost us 3 points!

his holdup has been shit and his all round football game is as poor as sons when it takes actual brain power and nous. but to just hammer him when he is still getting a serious lack of service aint fair. him and son linking up is like dumb and dumber and is a painful watch, i bet when hes with actual intelligent widemen either side the front 3 will be far more threatening.

Back
Top Bottom