Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh yeah, he was horse piss. But they were favourites because it was being played in Brazil, and they had supposedly the best defence in the World at the time with Marcelo - David Luiz - Thiago Silva - Dani Alves.
I agree but the point I was making is starter for Brazil who are one of the favourites for wc isn't necessarily an indication of top quality

Is this not widely regarded as the worst Brazil in generations?

Doesn't Emerson play for them?

And Fred?

As for odds. That's based on bets as much as talent. England who couldn't score in a brothel are 2nd favourite. An England team that's failed to beat Italy twice in a row. An Italy that hasn't even qualified for the WC and got absolutely twatted by Argentina last week. An Argentina with Giovani fucking Lo Celso in it.

Odds mean nothing.
Brazil is unbeaten for 31 games, mate. Hardly the worst generation. In fact I put Brazil and Argentina as favourites for WC, no european team is playing better than them atm.

Also Emerson was just tested there, it's the worst position for Brazil to find a starter and I don't think he's heading tô WC.

Oh yeah, he was horse piss. But they were favourites because it was being played in Brazil, and they had supposedly the best defence in the World at the time with Marcelo - David Luiz - Thiago Silva - Dani Alves.
That was probably the worst generation with lumps like Dante, Bernard, Oscar, David Luiz. No Brazil team will be worst than that for some decades.

I agree but the point I was making is starter for Brazil who are one of the favourites for wc isn't necessarily an indication of top quality
He's keeping out of the side players like Gabriel Jesus (who I rate higher than Richarlison, not by a lot though), Antony, Cunha etc. He's a very good player, I don't know why some of our supporters hate signing him so much.

No, this is regarded as a decent, if not spectacular Brazil side. Not 2002-2006 levels, but much better than 2010-2018.

Of course England are 2nd favourites, just look at the squad they have. Just like with France, the problem with them is how shit their managers are.

Argentina are probably the best side at the moment, so it's no shame losing to them.

If it was based on bets, Germany would be 2nd favourites because they're Germany and they have Hansi Flick, but everyone realises their squad is utter shit and no manager can change that.

Odds don't tell the whole story, but they do mean something. Brazil and Argentina are the favourites by far in the tournament. England and France should've been there too, but their managers are completely useless.
Speaking of Argentina. Among the big footballing nations, they're almost unique in the fantical devotion the players have for the team.

They all obviously love Messi, but they're no longer just a bunch of pussies who hope to get by on his genius. They don't need any encouragement to give 110% every game. The camaraderie and enthusiam is unlike any other team.

This is the big difference between them and the rest IMO.

That was probably the worst generation with lumps like Dante, Bernard, Oscar, David Luiz. No Brazil team will be worst than that for some decades.
That wasn't the feeling going into the tournament though. With hindsight, they were dreadful and only beat Cameroon (who had totally imploded) convincingly, and considering it was played in their home, Brazilians and the rest of the World were considering winning it a formality (they didn't learn from 1950). Of course they were going to be favourites at the time.

This Brazil on the other hand, is much stronger on paper, and a much more balanced squad. The fact Richarlison starts for them is a good indication on how rated he is in his country.

Also Emerson was just tested there, it's the worst position for Brazil to find a starter and I don't think he's heading tô WC.
He will. Tite is smart enough to tell him to give the ball to Raphinha, Neymar or whoever is playing at RW and just worry about defending, where he is decent. He's the weakling on that side, but there's a way for Brazil to play with Emerson as their starter.

No, this is regarded as a decent, if not spectacular Brazil side. Not 2002-2006 levels, but much better than 2010-2018.

Of course England are 2nd favourites, just look at the squad they have. Just like with France, the problem with them is how shit their managers are.

Argentina are probably the best side at the moment, so it's no shame losing to them.

If it was based on bets, Germany would be 2nd favourites because they're Germany and they have Hansi Flick, but everyone realises their squad is utter shit and no manager can change that.

Odds don't tell the whole story, but they do mean something. Brazil and Argentina are the favourites by far in the tournament. England and France should've been there too, but their managers are completely useless.
Deschamps has done a good job. He’s exactly what we needed. He unified a squad of talented players that were riven with division. We had a bunch of first class, homophobic, bullying twats running riot and he cleansed the squad and has got very good results.

When he leaves he will (likely) be replaced by Zidane who is also derided as a coach (despite his 4 champions leagues) but will be exactly the same - a bigger set of testicles than any of the talented primadonnas (or pampered Mbappes) and he will also get great results.

The right leader doesn’t look a certain way - he is the right person for the right team at the right time.

Thanks for coming to my TED talkz

Deschamps has done a good job. He’s exactly what we needed. He unified a squad of talented players that were riven with division. We had a bunch of first class, homophobic, bullying twats running riot and he cleansed the squad and has got very good results.

When he leaves he will (likely) be replaced by Zidane who is also derided as a coach (despite his 4 champions leagues) but will be exactly the same - a bigger set of testicles than any of the talented primadonnas (or pampered Mbappes) and he will also get great results.

The right leader doesn’t look a certain way - he is the right person for the right team at the right time.

Thanks for coming to my TED talkz
Absolutely, and fair play to him for that. But being a "cheerleader" can only get you so far (ask Ole Gunnar Solskjaer). He's a good manager to tell the players "go out there and play your football lads, you're better than everybody", but he's not a coach. France desperately need a coach now. Galtier would work wonders with this France side. He's a charismatic guy, but also a brilliant coach.

Absolutely, and fair play to him for that. But being a "cheerleader" can only get you so far (ask Ole Gunnar Solskjaer). He's a good manager to tell the players "go out there and play your football lads, you're better than everybody", but he's not a coach. France desperately need a coach now. Galtier would work wonders with this France side. He's a charismatic guy, but also a brilliant coach.
Maybe… I don’t know if that’s what wins international tournaments. I think togetherness and talent are the most important qualities… you don’t have time to really coach players or instil complicated ideas.

Look at coaches who have won WCs and Euros is n the last 15 years…
Roberto Mancini
Didier Deschamps
Fernando Santos
Joachim Loew
Del Bosque

A bunch of good managers but unremarkable coaches. Del Bosque maybe the best of the bunch but with a supremely talented Spain squad and a style taken from Barcelona.

Coaches for the losing finalists…
Gareth Southgate
Zlatko Dalic
Didier Deschamps
Sabella (very functional Argentina side)
Prandelli
Bert van Merwijk (not exactly total football)
Joachim Low

I think good coaches would get frustrated and bored at international level.

Would be a bit of an unexpected/weird signing but actually wouldn't mind it at all. Clearly a player who knows how to score goals, is a bit a of a cunt but in a good way, makes things happen in the final third, works his ass off, knows the league.

If he wouldn't be silly expensive it could be a really good move. Let's see.

The thing that upsets me most about this transfer is the £51million.

Why can't it be a nice round £50million?

Fucks with my head mun.

And don't come at me with the Euros crap! We need a benefit to Brexit...this should be it!
We still have the Queen as head of state, so maybe with that in mind you guys could come to CONCACAF?

Richarlison would replace the shithousery that we lost when Lamela left.

For that reason alone, I'm in.

The fact that he adds extra depth in the attacking areas and is actually good at football is a bonus. £50m seems steep though. Hopefully it's not that high and Winks will help reduce it further.

This would be an odd signing. And risky, since we haven’t filled CM, LCB or RWB yet.

I do see the value of Richarlison since he can play both Kane’s and Sons roles in case either needs a break or is injured.

Richarlison would replace the shithousery that we lost when Lamela left.

For that reason alone, I'm in.

The fact that he adds extra depth in the attacking areas and is actually good at football is a bonus. £50m seems steep though. Hopefully it's not that high and Winks will help reduce it further.

Liverpool paid £45m for Jota though. That’s the price for top draw attacking options, rotating or starting.

He's keeping out of the side players like Gabriel Jesus (who I rate higher than Richarlison, not by a lot though), Antony, Cunha etc. He's a very good player, I don't know why some of our supporters hate signing him so much.

Because many have some fanciful notion in their head, and less or minimal idea of the kind of players a competitive squad need.

Good enough to start for Brazil, despite some decent competition but not to be part of our squad.

Bizarre..

Back
Top Bottom