Revealed: Spurs and Defoe appeared to break agent rules – but FA did nothing

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I assume "Time barred" means something like "statute of limitations" - i.e. after a certain period has elapsed you can't press charges.

Aside from Statute of Limitations (7 years in UK unless property related in which case its 10 years ), there are requirements to keep important documents for a minimum of 7 years so for something which happened about 15 years ago nobody is going to be criticised for saying they've disposed of all documents from that time period.

Its simply shit stirring by a journalist who should know better

Jaynola Jaynola
Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

Expect to say loads of these things come out now.. An attempt to dilute the Chavski and Citeh situation.

Although I get labeled as a conspiracy guy, I'd probably say that the most likely explanation for the timing of this story is capitalism :)

Football clubs breaking rules is an easy story to sell to your editor right now and any measly little story you had on the backburner, or even forgotten about, can make you money now because the chavs and city are creating the headlines.

This seems more opportunistic than anti-Spurs. We won't be the last club to have mud slung at us.

Although I get labeled as a conspiracy guy, I'd probably say that the most likely explanation for the timing of this story is capitalism :)

Football clubs breaking rules is an easy story to sell to your editor right now and any measly little story you had on the backburner, or even forgotten about, can make you money now because the chavs and city are creating the headlines.

This seems more opportunistic than anti-Spurs. We won't be the last club to have mud slung at us.

The timing is at the least one heck of a coincidence.

If I were lawyers for the Chelsky and Citeh I would be searching high and low for all of these stories and get them out there..

It’s entirely pushed by one guy, quiet in other papers just Lawton, it is time barred and even when it has been done before it has resulted in £60k and 150k fines for Woolwich and Leeds for agent fronting which is what we are accused off.

So I am not sure unless I am missing something why this is ‘serious’ given the precedence of prior cases of this nature. Why would the league treat us different to Leeds or Woolwich.

It’s entirely pushed by one guy, quiet in other papers just Lawton, it is time barred and even when it has been done before it has resulted in £60k and 150k fines for Woolwich and Leeds for agent fronting which is what we are accused off.

So I am not sure unless I am missing something why this is ‘serious’ given the precedence of prior cases of this nature. Why would the league treat us different to Leeds or Woolwich.

So which club does he support? Chelski, Goons or Dippers?

Normally when an anti-Spurs article come out it means Chelski has done something they want to hide.

Back
Top Bottom