Revealed: Spurs and Defoe appeared to break agent rules – but FA did nothing

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's a whole world of difference between an alleged agent rule break and spending multi millions of pounds beyond your actual earnings, and sponsoring yourself to circumvent the rules.

The main football regs expert has already dismissed it as not that serious.

Woolwich and Leeds also did similar things which is called ‘fronting’ where a registered agent works with an unregistered agent who does most of the work. Arse with Callum Chambers got £60k fine, Leeds got £150k fine. It’s not an FFP matter either.

View: https://x.com/slbsn/status/1726950876345246098?s=46&t=Gc6HrWVZT0mtSXU7r8ZBIQ

I assume "Time barred" means something like "statute of limitations" - i.e. after a certain period has elapsed you can't press charges.

There's a whole world of difference between an alleged agent rule break and spending multi millions of pounds beyond your actual earnings, and sponsoring yourself to circumvent the rules.

Leeds and Arse did what we did and got 60k and 150k fines, it’s small fry. There is sensationalism due to the massive money laundering operations City and Chelsea operate and a bit of muddying the waters.

I am interested to see if the Tevez and Mascerano West Ham deals make an appearance soon as they were dodgy. All of it is trying to do the ‘all as bad as each other’ argument to try and protect Chelsea and City.

Last edited:
Absolutely. It seems the media have it skewed though.

Got in the car this morning and the lead headline on TS was us and this Defoe transfer and how "serious" it was.

Let's see how much time is spent blowing this out of proportion, whilst City and Chelsea fade into the background.

Can't wait for us to be awarded the 16/17 league trophy when Chelsea get relegated.

Only for them to take it off us for this because SpUrsY

I wonder what Rosie 47 thinks about all this.

Dog Roll Over GIF by AFV Pets

:harrysmile:

The Premier League are terrified of an independent adjudicator coming in. For a long time now the system has been corrupt, with helping the rich teams stay rich and fucking over the rest.

The FA and PL do what they want to keep their pockets lined, which now means being in bed with Saudi and other countries. No better than FIFA.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom