Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Remember that incident well from my view point in the clock end.
Me too. I was also in the clock end. It's a brilliant photo, New Year’s Day 1986 (had to look it up).
While we're talking of Roberts, here's another great photo:

Blod%2C_svette_%E2%80%93_og_1_tann_mindre%E2%80%9D_%28Blood%2C_sweat_%E2%80%93_and_one_tooth_short%29.jpg

"English FA cup final, 1981. Here is Tottenham's Graham Roberts who lost three teeth, but who nonetheless refused to leave the field."

Me too. I was also in the clock end. It's a brilliant photo, New Year’s Day 1986 (had to look it up).

Blod%2C_svette_%E2%80%93_og_1_tann_mindre%E2%80%9D_%28Blood%2C_sweat_%E2%80%93_and_one_tooth_short%29.jpg

"English FA cup final, 1981. Here is Tottenham's Graham Roberts who lost three teeth, but who nonetheless refused to leave the field."comm
This reminds me of the time I did the tour of the old stadium and Robbo was the host. I had been interjecting comments as we were going round (couldn't help myself). When he related the story about getting kicked in the mouth by Chrissie in the final, I said that the nurse at the London Hospital Dental surgery was the sister of one of my friends, Robbo said he thought I was going to say that I actually had the tooth!

"English FA cup final, 1981. Here is Tottenham's Graham Roberts who lost three teeth, but who nonetheless refused to leave the field."
remember seeing him getting a red card and being sent off while on a stretcher

v Wombles

This reminds me of the time I did the tour of the old stadium and Robbo was the host. I had been interjecting comments as we were going round (couldn't help myself). When he related the story about getting kicked in the mouth by Chrissie in the final, I said that the nurse at the London Hospital Dental surgery was the sister of one of my friends, Robbo said he thought I was going to say that I actually had the tooth!
I went to one of those preseason games at the Lane, the week before the season started, about 10 years ago. Went with a mate and his two young boys. We decided to parkin the Irish Centre near WHL Station. As we entered there was two blokes sitting at a table in a corner, I thought they were club members waiting for people to sign in. I walked by, but then turned around to see my mate and his boys chatting to them. It was Graham Roberts and a friend, selling and signing his book. I went back (slightly embarrassed that I'd walked past one of my heroes), and had a good chat.

Bristolyid - why the disagree?

Back
Top Bottom