Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

955-F20-B5-5066-4-C4-C-AC54-626572456-A03.jpg

0-BC85-F3-E-5963-40-AD-9-E16-494-FCC505-F4-D.jpg

Brooks 53-59

Remember being sat halfway up a tree between the Town Hall and the Bull in 81

Was outside the town hall for '81. Have some photos buried away somewhere.
I think a figure of 250,000 was quoted by the newspapers, the High Road was jammed.
My first experience of a victory parade. Me and my sister spent most of the afternoon in the Bull and then managed to climb on top of a phone box near the bus stop opposite the pub. The first time I bought a replica shirt ( wore it two days running!) and I had a Rubette's hat on top of my best perm.
I had no voice for a couple of days.
Such great days, such a shame that the FA Cup doesn't have that appeal anymore.

which has been the making of by both the F.A & clubs......F.A by not promoting it as being important and disrespectful of the final last Saturday of the season 3pm not the week before the end of the season when there are still league games to play and the having the KO at stupid o’clock & the clubs by having weakened teams and basically saying it’s an inconvenience we’d rather finish 4th in the league which is shocking. Personally the rot set in years ago when ManUtd pulled out so they could play some in continental cup thing the F.A should have grown a pair and excluded them from the cup for the next few seasons after that.

I think a figure of 250,000 was quoted by the newspapers, the High Road was jammed.
My first experience of a victory parade. Me and my sister spent most of the afternoon in the Bull and then managed to climb on top of a phone box near the bus stop opposite the pub. The first time I bought a replica shirt ( wore it two days running!) and I had a Rubette's hat on top of my best perm.
I had no voice for a couple of days.
There was also some fighting with the locals, around the back of the town hall in Clyde Road.

Back
Top Bottom