Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

clive-allen-celebrates-goal-5069344.jpg.webp
Just after scoring in our 1-0 win at the Library in '87 - League Cup semi final 1st leg.
Should have won by 4 or 5 that day. Missed a hatful of chances.

That could be the pre-season friendly at Oxford....

Ahhhh, when pre-season friendlies were pre-season friendlies!!!

....and not on the other side of the world at 2am!!

There should be a retro pre-season Friendly thread...

I'll start the bidding at Leyton Orient, Southend Utd, Dagenham & Redbridge, and for the well travelled amongst us... Hearts away!

I'll start the bidding at Leyton Orient, Southend Utd, Dagenham & Redbridge, and for the well travelled amongst us... Hearts away!
Leyton Orient - also in '79.
We were on the main road near the ground, when we saw Terry Naylor in his car.
A mate of mine ran up to him and gave him a pound note for his testimonial fund.

Was at Dundee Utd in '88. National Express - 11 hours each way. One of Gazza's first games for us.

Was also at Ibrox the following season for one of Lineker's first in our colours..

Southend was pretty mundane in 1980 - compared to the Pompey game.

Back
Top Bottom