Remembering Ian Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Far worse Tottenham keepers, Far, far worse Tottenham men

I don't disagree with the second point, but we've actually had some not bad keepers in my time: Parks, Clemence, Erik the Viking, Robbo, Gomes, Lloris, Friedle, Vorm....

Yes, there's always Booby Mimms, but otherwise some good players there. All (except Clem and Erik) had the odd brain fart moment, but not bad players imo.

Was that the bobble? More of the groundsman’s fault perhaps... and I remember a pretty hideous reaction from a lot of our fans. Horrible atmosphere at times back then.
A divot i think but his reaction wasn't the best. Yes the boo boys were out in force in those days. Chris Armstrong, Chris Perry and Ramon Vega came in for it sadly. Something i have never understood is what people think it will achieve in the ground. I can recall fans fighting amongst themselves in the shelf over it. Horrible as you say CSWY.

Keller played every minute in both the 2002-03 and the 2003-04 seasons, a total of 85 games, thats pretty recognised
Keller was a poor keeper. His “come on guys” attitude was so irritating and all that USA guff too. Same thing applies though as with any player, he was not picking himself. So the question marks are over those who scouted, picked and purchased. Keller was really unspectacular at Leicester ( although I don’t think we got him straight from them ) so how he ended up in our goal I will never know. Probably all the board were willing to afford.

Last edited:
Mimms, Kasey Keler, Ben Alnwick, Frode Grodas, late period Gomes arguably...

1414103327692_wps_105_Football_Tottenham_Hotspu.jpg
"Near Post" Neil Sullivan should be on that inglorious list

A divot i think but his reaction wasn't the best. Yes the boo boys were out in force in those days. Chris Armstrong, Chris Perry and Ramon Vega came in for it sadly. Something i have never understood is what people think it will achieve in the ground. I can recall fans fighting amongst themselves in the shelf over it. Horrible as you say CSWY.
funny thing was, the dippers scored an almost identical goal a couple of weeks earlier (past Tim Flowers)

only the scouse cunts...

Remember him smiling when he let a howler in against Liverpool. The PA played 'we gotta get outta this place' at the end of the game.
Was that the bobble? More of the groundsman’s fault perhaps... and I remember a pretty hideous reaction from a lot of our fans. Horrible atmosphere at times back then.

Back
Top Bottom