Released & Retained List

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brad is an important senior player for me, he is an absolute professional on and off the pitch. Good to keep him onboard despite the age, but yes we need to think of a younger back up option for lloris.

I know cahspur cahspur likes to beat the HG drum, iirc. So given the list above, it seems from this that, pursuant to PL regs, we can register the following players as HG for next season:

Jordan Archer (21)
Tom Carroll (22)
Michael Dawson
Ezekiel Fryers (21 - I think he counts as HG)
Grant Hall (22)
Jake Livermore
Harry Kane (21)
Aaron Lennon
Ryan Mason (23)
Kyle Naughton
Jon Obika (23)
Danny Rose
Gylfi Siggurðsson
Andros Townsend
Kyle Walker

Bentaleb is only 19, so he doesn't cost us a squad place.

15 players, and we only need 8. gibbs131 is probably ecstatic over the knowledge that we can ship seven HG players and buy foreigners… :adelol:

I'd suspect Gomes was on higher wages, wants out, and because Friedel is still very popular here in the States while also realizing due to his age that he's fortunate to still be at the club.
Friedel is also doing his coaching badges and training some of the younger age groups.

Only real surprise for me is Coulibaly being offered a contract, but I guess it could be with sell-on value in mind.

Being English isn't sufficient. I think he established HG status before going to Belgium.

"… one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Welsh Football Association for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21)."

Yeah, tis true, I do bang on that drum a lot. Mostly because I think it's practical under consideration of transfer speculation to ensure the math is right, because after last summer of course we aren't as far away from the quota as we typically are, and given I'd like to see at least three first team HG's leave this summer.

There is another one though, Ryan Fredericks will also be 21 as of the start of the new campaign.

15 players, and we only need 8. gibbs131 is probably ecstatic over the knowledge that we can ship seven HG players and buy foreigners… :adelol:

Rose, Townsend, Defoe, Lennon and Naughton. Form/ability in question? Or nationality?

Could it possibly be deflection from a long lost argument (claiming racism instead of the fact that these wingers/wingbacks really were as shit as I made out...after the fact)

deflect_zpse15c79ff.gif

Since this is the released/retained list, I'm pretty sure most would want these replaced. Unless of course you have lost the argument where you will pretty much just say anything apart from I had a point. And I'm sure nobody cried when Defoe left. 1 prem goal in a calendar year will do that for you.

Speaking of deflection...Here are Townsends 2013-2014 prem goals and assists highlight reel for the entire season:

Townsend1.gif

1 goal (scuffed cross)
0 assists.
56 shots at goal.
probably over a 100 crosses.

But I'm just anti English right? Oh, and happy birthday to Kyle Walker. What with him being my fav player, I saw that he got a cake from the club via Facebook.

Just an update, this is supposed to be our situation with released and retained, also with the new offers of extensions yet to be accepted.

No surprises to an extent, but it is a little odd that they would rather keep Brad and get rid of Gomes, but hey ho

Released
Heurelho Gomes
Giancarlo Gallifuoco
Cameron Lancaster
Roman Michael-Percil
Jonathan Miles
Kevin Stewart
Lawrence Vigouroux

Extended
Dominic Ball
Grant Hall
Jon Obika
Nathan Oduwa

Offered
Brad Friedel
Souleyman Coulibaly

Heard a little interview with Coulibaly and immediately wanted to adopt him as my younger brother. seems like such a nice kid. Please come good.
I once saw some highlights of Gomes goalkeeping 'errors' over the years and wanted another club to adopt him!

Maybe they still think there's some hope yet he may become Prem material? Correct me if I'm wrong, but he hasn't exactly been lighting up the academy's phone with offers for loans as Obika or Shaq have.

He went on loan to Grosseto in 2012/13, but rumours were that was because it was closed to where his family were living, and he had been homesick.

Maybe he'll go out on loan this year and bang in a few goals and everything will change... personally I'd rather him out on loan than in the Under-21s, as I feel he doesn't allow us a 'platform' at that level (the ball just comes back) so the midfield players see less of the ball than they did with, for example, Kane up top. Crucial that they get as much time on the ball as possible.

Does Obika own a record for longest time at the club with least games or most games on loan or something or something?
Swear he has been at Yeovil for half a decade

Back
Top Bottom