Released & Retained List

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just an update, this is supposed to be our situation with released and retained, also with the new offers of extensions yet to be accepted.

No surprises to an extent, but it is a little odd that they would rather keep Brad and get rid of Gomes, but hey ho

Released
Heurelho Gomes
Giancarlo Gallifuoco
Cameron Lancaster
Roman Michael-Percil
Jonathan Miles
Kevin Stewart
Lawrence Vigouroux

Extended
Dominic Ball
Grant Hall
Jon Obika
Nathan Oduwa

Offered
Brad Friedel
Souleyman Coulibaly

No surprises to an extent, but it is a little odd that they would rather keep Brad and get rid of Gomes, but hey ho

I'd suspect Gomes was on higher wages, wants out, and because Friedel is still very popular here in the States while also realizing due to his age that he's fortunate to still be at the club.

Brad is an important senior player for me, he is an absolute professional on and off the pitch. Good to keep him onboard despite the age, but yes we need to think of a younger back up option for lloris.

I'd suspect Gomes was on higher wages, wants out, and because Friedel is still very popular here in the States while also realizing due to his age that he's fortunate to still be at the club.
Friedel is also doing his coaching badges and training some of the younger age groups.

Only real surprise for me is Coulibaly being offered a contract, but I guess it could be with sell-on value in mind.

Friedel is also doing his coaching badges and training some of the younger age groups.

Only real surprise for me is Coulibaly being offered a contract, but I guess it could be with sell-on value in mind.

Maybe they still think there's some hope yet he may become Prem material? Correct me if I'm wrong, but he hasn't exactly been lighting up the academy's phone with offers for loans as Obika or Shaq have.

He's certainly positive about things, anyway

Heard a little interview with Coulibaly and immediately wanted to adopt him as my younger brother. seems like such a nice kid. Please come good.

Back
Top Bottom