Rate This Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How Do You Rate This Transfer Window?

• Total voters
Think its been a decent window.

It was never gonna be perfect but its a start and its good that we have managed to get rid of some deadwood.

Excited about the players who have come in.

More optimistic of our chances with a player like Byran Gil over Erik Lamela.

Goat says....

We've heard from several sources now that things were progressing nicely until Levy got involved.
  • Refused to sanction the Traore deal (with the only offer we made being insultingly low).
  • Is adamant that we're creating enough chances and have enough attackers as it is.
  • Refuses to consider moving on Bergwijn to free up space/finances.
Tensions are high right now and that might mean he caves in the final few hours but I think we're all expecting it to be over and no one's happy about it.
Not sure i believe a word of ITK bollocks but there is a reason Paul Mitchell walked after 20 months, that Poch looked beaten down the last 12 months, that all of Hoddle, Ramos and AVB stated they were let down after promises were made and even Mourinho, who i'm most definately not a fan of, looked like he couldn't be arsed after a few months. As ever...one common denominator. I'd be stunned if Paratici sees out his 3 year contract.

bryan gil looks like he can play his way into the first 11 in the next couple months imo, romero is a big signing in our weakest area so at least that was given attention. keeping kane is obviously huge, and i really like the look of gollini. would consider it an excellent window if we can shift out aurier.

Voted not good enough .. was hoping to get 4 more players out . Still crying out for creativity in the middle ..

Have to wait until next summer now .

I'm not going to defend the lack of buying a backup striker, and would have liked something to have worked out with a creative midfielder. That said, I think we've had a fairly good window.

One of our biggest issues last year was our leaky defense and inability to close out games. The only stats I could find on it was that in April of last season we had dropped 15 points from winning positions so far. That was the 4th worst in the league, and even if we could have only given up 7 we would have finished in 3rd place.

Our RB situation has been a disaster and hopefully Emerson is a great addition and Japhet looks solid as well. Romero will also hopefully grow to be a leader in the back and Tanganga will also be an option, but both Dier and Sanchez look to be finding some form. Skipp is a great addition and helping us be more secure as well. Still early days but we have had three games and no goals allowed.

That doesn't make up for the inevitable Kane injury, but I think that we are improving our foundation and have put ourselves into quite a better position than we ended the season last year.

Average.

I like the signings, but I think we needed another CM and another winger/striker.

Not selling Aurier and Ndombele feels meh. Although I like the idea of Ndombeme becoming good.

Very disappointed- Paratici seems a fraud yes-man as initially feared

Usual shitters still here bar Sissoko

No back up striker and CM

We’re actually thinner than last season - unbelievable!

Back
Top Bottom