Rate This Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How Do You Rate This Transfer Window?

• Total voters
Well I gave it a 6. As a collection of players coming in, I’m thrilled. Romero could be game changing in the spine, we’re now going to have a RB rotation of Tanganga/Emerson rather than Aurier and Doherty. Gil is properly exciting and using Lamela to get him was smart. Gollini a massive upgrade on Hart. We should do more deals like Sarr.

In terms of outs, getting Toby, Sissoko, and Lamela out was very good. Shame about Aurier. Looking forward, the only real “deadwood” types are Winks and Davies, but at least they are young enough to attract attention in market, also on reasonable wages.

The disappointment is we’ve left ourselves short. Still think we need another CB, CM, RW, and striker. We’re going to be relying significantly on Dier, Sanchez, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Alli, Moura, and Bergwijn to long lost form. To be fair, these are players we either spent £25m+ on or in the case of Dier/Alli were touted as having £50m+ values only 2 or 3 years ago.

A lot down to Nuno to improve a bunch of players we’ve largely given up on. Hopefully a big same players, new coach movement.

Tottenham

In

Cristian Romero - Atalanta, £47m

Pierluigi Gollini - Atalanta, loan

Bryan Gil - Seville, £21.6m plus Erik Lamela

Pape Matar Sarr - Metz to Tottenham, undisclosed

Out

Paulo Gazzaniga - contract expired

Danny Rose - Watford, free transfer

Kazaiah Sterling - contract expired

Juan Foyth - Villarreal, undisclosed

Erik Lamela - Seville, swap for Bryan Gil

Kion Etete - Northampton, loan

Joe Hart - Celtic, undisclosed

Jubril Okedina - Cambridge, undisclosed

Jamie Bowden - Oldham, loan

Moussa Sissoko - Tottenham to Watford, £3m

about a 7 for this window
:tobyarm:

Now it looks like our transfers are complete it is a mixed bag. We do not know how good the new players will be but have to assume they will work out.
The defence has been strengthened but the attack is weaker than last year.
Gil only incoming with Bale, Lamela and Vinny going. I do not think Scarlett or Clarke are ready. Sess is still very much underwhelming.
It is not terrible but really not good enough that we cannot even get a back up striker on loan.

4/10.

Still heavily reliant on both Kane and Son for goals and assists.

Maybe the defence will be slightly better than last two seasons but we can't win every game 1-0!

Highest prices in Europe but spend less than Leicester and West Ham.

Looks like no more. OK then a 5/10 for me.

In some parts brilliant. Gil, Romero, Royal and our signing for next season Sarr look like the basis of a great future.

However not replacing Vinnie/Bale and perhaps being short 1 or 2 in midfield means it’s going to be hard, very very hard to realistically get top 4 even with the good start considering the squads City, Chelsea, Liverpool and United have.

felt more like a window for the next 5 years and less so for this season. Hard to rate this window as the word average isn’t appropriate, brilliant and disappointing would be my view.

Will judge over the coming season(s).

Much better than anticipated, cos Gil, is my gut instinct. That we haven’t found £150m to refresh as we all want is icky but that’s life.

Either a 6 or a 7. I do like who we have signed. We're not in a position where we can get the top players we want. Hopefully we can keep on defending well, stay in the top 5 or 6 and then add more in January.

Shame Doherty didn't go along with Sissoko otherwise I'd be giving us a 10.

3. No backup/competition for kane. Weve bought 2 unknown entities in emerson and Sarr who wont even feature in anything for a few seasons.

the only first team ready players and romero and Gil…

another shocking transfer window that will leave us reliant on kane and son dragging us. Another perfect penny pinching window to keep Kane motivated about our competiveness!

Ok if we're done then i'm sticking with 5. The team is just too close to the one that has failed the last 2 seasons. Quite like the signings but where is the spark and outside of Kane and Son(again) where are the goals? It will potentially be even more of a rebuild next summer, Lloris out of contract, Ndombele again, Kane again, Moura 30, massive seasons for Sanchez, Dier, Lo Celso, Bergwijn and Alli. Winks and Doherty still needing to be shifted. At least bloody Aurier and CCV will be out of contract.

Goat says....

We've heard from several sources now that things were progressing nicely until Levy got involved.
  • Refused to sanction the Traore deal (with the only offer we made being insultingly low).
  • Is adamant that we're creating enough chances and have enough attackers as it is.
  • Refuses to consider moving on Bergwijn to free up space/finances.
Tensions are high right now and that might mean he caves in the final few hours but I think we're all expecting it to be over and no one's happy about it.

Pretty much swapped like for like but a younger squad with a lot less premier lge experience so maybe be better long term but especially with lack of attacking depth or creative players I think we will struggle to be top 6 this season so 4/10 for me.

I can't really rate it until we have had a proper look at Romero and Emerson.

If they both end up playing really well for us, then the window is an 8, because defence has been our problem area. If they are shit, then it's a 3. But I don't know. So I will give the window a middling 5, but add an extra point for keeping Kane.

6/10

Back
Top Bottom