Radu Dragusin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Real Madrid aren't Spain's "State Football Club" in any sense of the word, however much people in England cling desperately to the idea.

We could start with the fact that both our king, Felipe VI, and president, Pedro Sánchez, are both lifelong Atleti fans (as is the mayor of Madrid, José Luis Martínez Almeida).
Perhaps I should have said a number of state supported clubs, or which Real is the biggest, and therefore the state sponsored club most likely to rival Prem clubs?

Real Madrid aren't Spain's "State Football Club" in any sense of the word, however much people in England cling desperately to the idea.

We could start with the fact that both our king, Felipe VI, and president, Pedro Sánchez, are both lifelong Atleti fans (as is the mayor of Madrid, José Luis Martínez Almeida).
Really?
There is this percieved idea over here that RM are the Royal club in Spain.You learn something new every day

Think it's 75% more than what he was offering at Genoa - we are paying him £50k a week which would work out as double of what he was getting at Genoa which is what we normally do when we sign players, so I think Bayern would have been offering around £100k a week.

A key reason as to why Radu Drăgușin chose to join #thfc is because how wanted he was made to feel. Spurs were the first club to take an interest in signing him last summer and continued to push hard to find an agreement with Genoa. Ange Postecoglou was clear to the player how much he wanted to sign him and the pair spoke several times together on the phone. [GSP]

Think it's 75% more than what he was offering at Genoa - we are paying him £50k a week which would work out as double of what he was getting at Genoa which is what we normally do when we sign players, so I think Bayern would have been offering around £100k a week.
I assume we’ve agreed auto increases based on certain factors that raise it from 50K or a good faith, gentleman’s agreement

:levyeyes:

Surely he would go to Bayern for 100K?

That's a nice read.

I played rugby at a good level when I was younger and there was one coach who stood out from all the others and whose words and actions have stuck with me since. He was from New Zealand and came across and awful lot like Ange comes across. Very personable, very calm, father-figure type guy but still demanding. The type of guy who you'd run through brick walls for. After a season with him I went from starting on the bench for my county to joining Leicester Tigers youth set up and I 100% put that down to having him as a coach.

Some people are just very good at getting the best out of people and it really seems like Ange is that type of guy. Long may it continue.

Back
Top Bottom