Racism in football - Ndombele and Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can we get a definitive list of how black you have to be to be "real black?"

I assume you are basing one's level of real blackness on the casual racist's handy Pantone chart of skin tones.

skin-tone-chart.jpg
Fuck me the chart forgot farmer tan....😤

Fair do’s but I don’t believe it’s either cutting him off or sweeping anything under the carpet.
It just seems as if it’s shoehorning a situation that isn’t relevant into an issue that doesn’t apply.
and people are telling him that and calling him a prat for thinking it - its a junk thread started by a junk poster. it will die soon.

Most skillful player of my generation (and lauded for it ) was probably Ronaldinho most skillful player at the moment (flair) is Neymar.

It's not what I think, but it's true. I'm from France and most people think that blacks dominate most sports, which is why they have an advantage in the athletic world but a disadvantage in the corporate world. Griezman, who was seen as a sissy white boy as a teenager didn't have a lot of success in academies and most scouts didn't want to recruit him. They thought his body was going to be a massive disadvantage. It's how people think, unfortunately

You're all over the place.....

Have I once said that such prejudices DON'T exist?

Nope.

Not gonna share the link here. but:
the S*n front page shows Dele Alli getting drunk on holiday.
Haven't seen the same attention for other football stars though, such as Harry Winks sleeping off his hangover on a sun lounger the other week

I think the UK largely mirrors U.S society. It's the least racist country in Europe but there are still problems.
Here is a uk based article.
In Africa, Asia other places the skin whitening industry is huge.
The US has different race issues to the UK due to Slavery etc. I don't agree we mirror them in this respect. I am aware whitening is big in Asia & Africa, I dont see it as a UK issue. If anything we have a Carrabean vs African bias regardless of darkness. I have seen no studies from the UK, I have seen some opinion pieces like the one you posted.

I think the UK largely mirrors U.S society. It's the least racist country in Europe but there are still problems.
Here is a uk based article.
In Africa, Asia other places the skin whitening industry is huge.

Haven't seen the same attention for other football stars though, such as Harry Winks sleeping off his hangover on a sun lounger the other week

To be fair, Dele is a big England star - much more so than Winks.
Love the way Harry conducts himself off the pitch. The media would fucking love to rip in to him for something - but he just doesn't give them the chance.
Dele could learn a lot from his captain / vice captain.

not race imo they had grealish the other year, if they can get a dodgy photo they ham it up. For Dele it could easy have been sun stroke rather than pissed (thats what i would say)

and people are telling him that and calling him a prat for thinking it - its a junk thread started by a junk poster. it will die soon.

Most skillful player of my generation (and lauded for it ) was probably Ronaldinho most skillful player at the moment (flair) is Neymar.
I’d not resort to name calling and you citing your favourite players appears to be justifying which is what I see as unnecessary, but I’ll bow to the sagely advice of yours and others.
Hope it withers and dies. Soon

I’d not resort to name calling and you citing your favourite players appears to be justifying which is what I see as unnecessary, but I’ll bow to the sagely advice of yours and others.
Hope it withers and dies. Soon
agreed I did justify it, i thought about not including that line but it is obvious that the OP had heard an opinion and just parroted it.

name calling is a way of life on here, good luck keeping out of the rubiish pit!

You said, it... You did not attribute the sentiment to anyone else.

There's a reason someone would get shit for saying that... It's because it's unfounded bollocks.. A myth you're post happily perpetuates further (it's not like you were questioning the sentiment is it?).

You implied I was perpetuating stereotypes. It's untrue.

Can't say I have seen the pics but I am envisioning a pic of Dele partying on a yacht, shirt unbuttoned with a drink in hand with a facial expression along the lines of this...
:allitongue:

As for Winksy "sleeping it off" I envision young Harry napping poolside under an umbrella, in a lounge chair, wearing swim trunks, possibly shitless with a douchey fedora pulled over his face.

Breaking News:
Spurs will lead the way in a new racism campaign for the 2019/20 season, with new record signing Ndombele told not to run around too much and under no circumstances is he to make a tackle. Instead he will sit deep in midfield and spray a vast array of passes around the pitch like Xabi Alonso.
The clubs shirt manufacturers Nike are the driving force behind this great initiative and have rebranded their slogan “you can do it”

During pre season Pochettino and his staff will work tirelessly in an attempt to turn Christian Eriksen into the clubs enforcer and will make him watch videos of David Batty!

The US has different race issues to the UK due to Slavery etc. I don't agree we mirror them in this respect. I am aware whitening is big in Asia & Africa, I dont see it as a UK issue. If anything we have a Carrabean vs African bias regardless of darkness. I have seen no studies from the UK, I have seen some opinion pieces like the one you posted.
I think we definitely do mirror them albiet to a lesser extent. Opinion pieces still have value as evidence and here's another one.
I do feel that if Harry had married a darker skin woman the press especially would be much more negative.

Last edited:
You implied I was perpetuating stereotypes. It's untrue.

The fact is:

He has a point.... my American friend said "now we have 2 big niggaz bossing the midfield" talking about Sissoko and Ndombele. I don't like that kinda language. Is he a racist? of course not, he's half-black himself. But it's funny most people see black players as physical first.

Can you back that up with anything credible?

...You're rambling.

Back
Top Bottom