Racism in football - Ndombele and Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Once you dilute the ‘Lilywhite’ there’s a danger you dilute its meaning. ... for an ideal to remain pure its symbol should remain pure also. With no embellishments on either side.
506887-swastika-700-3.jpg

I always thought this proves the point of what happens when a 'Pure Symbol' gets into the wrong hands!

(Still too much red though!)

Interesting fact for all you youngsters.
During the war and up until rationing was done away with,young ladies use to rub Camp Coffee into their legs to make it look like they were wearing stockings. The look was given the finishing touch by drawing a seam up the back using an eyebrow pencil.

During the war and up until rationing was done away with,young ladies use to rub Camp Coffee into their legs to make it look like they were wearing stockings. The look was given the finishing touch by drawing a seam up the back using an eyebrow pencil.

[Fake tan crew taking notes. ]

Black or white coffee?

Voiceoftheposhseats got a yellow card just for starting this topic, that's so lame.

Totally deserved. Shit thread to start and single out particular players. If he'd have started a more general thread in the off topic or general football part, or used an existing thread there would have been a different reaction.

Why people of particular backgrounds do better at particular sports or in certain positions in particular sports is a worthwhile discussion to have but not starting off with a crass post like that.

I think this is a classic example. We have signed Ndombele, who to me looks technically brilliant, has an eye for a pass (7 assists last year). Hes obviously a very intelligent player.

But the press will focus on his pace and power. Same with Pogba, the double p raises its ugly head.

The you have our player of the year Sissoko who has to take a back seat for Winks. Who has never been more than a bench player for Spurs when we have a full squad.

Why is the Sissoko Ndombele combination not fancied? Its because its perceived to have a lack of intelligence. You need to stick a white guy in there to get that.

It smacks of racism IMO. Maybe not the hardcore 1980s racism, but the tones are still present. Black people are strong and stupid.

What black player is praised for skill and awareness? I cant think of many? I mean real black, not lighter shades like Henry.
I think this is a classic example. We have signed Ndombele, who to me looks technically brilliant, has an eye for a pass (7 assists last year). Hes obviously a very intelligent player.

But the press will focus on his pace and power. Same with Pogba, the double p raises its ugly head.

The you have our player of the year Sissoko who has to take a back seat for Winks. Who has never been more than a bench player for Spurs when we have a full squad.

Why is the Sissoko Ndombele combination not fancied? Its because its perceived to have a lack of intelligence. You need to stick a white guy in there to get that.

It smacks of racism IMO. Maybe not the hardcore 1980s racism, but the tones are still present. Black people are strong and stupid.

What black player is praised for skill and awareness? I cant think of many? I mean real black, not lighter shades like Henry.
cllyYdg.jpg

Totally deserved. Shit thread to start and single out particular players. If he'd have started a more general thread in the off topic or general football part, or used an existing thread there would have been a different reaction.

Why people of particular backgrounds do better at particular sports or in certain positions in particular sports is a worthwhile discussion to have but not starting off with a crass post like that.

yeah fully agree.
could be an interesting discussion to have - looking at the lack of high level black keepers, asian centre halves and such - but not under this thread really

What black player is praised for skill and awareness?

One thing among many that sucks about this stereotyping is that it combines traits that are very different.

Moussa Sissoko is a very positionally and tactically intelligent footballer who reads the game extremely well, but he's got a below-average skill level with the ball at his feet.

Dele Alli is the opposite. Probably the most gifted player in the squad technique-wise, but not always the most competent tactically.

The old saw is always "pace and power". Well, neither of those guys are particularly pacy.

To me, when you get too hung up on racial stereotypes, either for or against them really, you end up pushing your analysis astray of the truth. I think a healthy understanding how how we as humans tend toward bias in this regard is a good thing, but ultimately you want to reflect reality.

yeah fully agree.
could be an interesting discussion to have - looking at the lack of high level black keepers, asian centre halves and such - but not under this thread really

I think it is because black people never evolved to hold round things, as round things do not exist in Africa. While in Europe, a lot of things are round.

Now Asians not being centre-halves, that's a difficult one... But I think it's because they don't understand the concept of halves. They either have it whole or nothing.

You're fucking fucked in the head mate.

Absolute nonsense. 🤦🏻‍♂️

But on a serious note:

It's unavoidable that some charasteristics of players from different countries form as stereotypes. It doesn't mean it's racist.

Germans - Machines
Spaniards - Technical
Dutch - Tactical masterminds
Brits - Cunts

These traits are true, to an extent.

Back
Top Bottom