Racism in football - Ndombele and Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think this is a classic example. We have signed Ndombele, who to me looks technically brilliant, has an eye for a pass (7 assists last year). Hes obviously a very intelligent player.

But the press will focus on his pace and power. Same with Pogba, the double p raises its ugly head.

The you have our player of the year Sissoko who has to take a back seat for Winks. Who has never been more than a bench player for Spurs when we have a full squad.

Why is the Sissoko Ndombele combination not fancied? Its because its perceived to have a lack of intelligence. You need to stick a white guy in there to get that.

It smacks of racism IMO. Maybe not the hardcore 1980s racism, but the tones are still present. Black people are strong and stupid.

What black player is praised for skill and awareness? I cant think of many? I mean real black, not lighter shades like Henry.

I'm not a great fan of this modern trend of perceiving slights on other peoples behalf...it's extremely condescending to assume what may or may not upset them and it's compounded by having the cheek to think that they need you to defend them too....

Can we get a definitive list of how black you have to be to be "real black?"

I assume you are basing one's level of real blackness on the casual racist's handy Pantone chart of skin tones.

skin-tone-chart.jpg

I think this is a classic example. We have signed Ndombele, who to me looks technically brilliant, has an eye for a pass (7 assists last year). Hes obviously a very intelligent player.

But the press will focus on his pace and power. Same with Pogba, the double p raises its ugly head.

The you have our player of the year Sissoko who has to take a back seat for Winks. Who has never been more than a bench player for Spurs when we have a full squad.

Why is the Sissoko Ndombele combination not fancied? Its because its perceived to have a lack of intelligence. You need to stick a white guy in there to get that.

It smacks of racism IMO. Maybe not the hardcore 1980s racism, but the tones are still present. Black people are strong and stupid.

What black player is praised for skill and awareness? I cant think of many? I mean real black, not lighter shades like Henry.

One of the dumbest posts I've ever had the misfortune to read. WTF is wrong with you

Interesting fact for all you youngsters.
During the war and up until rationing was done away with,young ladies use to rub Camp Coffee into their legs to make it look like they were wearing stockings. The look was given the finishing touch by drawing a seam up the back using an eyebrow pencil.

yeah fully agree.
could be an interesting discussion to have - looking at the lack of high level black keepers, asian centre halves and such - but not under this thread really

I think it is because black people never evolved to hold round things, as round things do not exist in Africa. While in Europe, a lot of things are round.

Now Asians not being centre-halves, that's a difficult one... But I think it's because they don't understand the concept of halves. They either have it whole or nothing.

Off the top of my head, Pele and Eusebio were lauded back in the day as well as Laurie Cunningham from the racist 80's....

Edit: Jay Jay Okocha is another example.
Don’t feed the troll! There are countless players and we all know that... bloody hell CHELSEA, that hotbed of multi racial tolerance recently had a black player have an entire position named after him in deference to his skill and intelligence!

He has a point.... my American friend said "now we have 2 big niggaz bossing the midfield" talking about Sissoko and Ndombele. I don't like that kinda language. Is he a racist? of course not, he's half-black himself. But it's funny most people see black players as physical first.

Can you back that up with anything credible?

{Nice hit and run 'disagree' from the poster there.... Fucking idiot!]

Last edited:

There you go. Pick the bones out of that. Quite a few skilful players in this list. A lot of them a 'real' black (whatever this means)

You do talk a load of nonsense!

Tammy Abraham
Earl Barrett
Fraizer Campbell
Nathaniel Clyne
Keith Curle
Kieron Dyer
Kieran Gibbs
Callum Hudson-Odoi
Zat Knight
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Cyrille Regis